Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Field Researcher
Original Poster
#1 Old 1st Feb 2015 at 2:21 PM
Default Your favourite Megahood pairings/stories/plot twists?
So this one is for all the Megahood players (whichever version you play - I usually play the one with all Maxis neighborhoods and subhoods, basically everything).

Sometimes I like to go with the flow and continue with the usual pairings, only switching things up in cases of cheating, death, etc. and prefer to do all the fun in the next generation (which takes sooo long). And sometimes, I just like to do everything the opposite of what Maxis would want us to do, just for fun Some of my favourite (non-traditional) pairings include Vidcund Curious + Brandi Broke, General Buzz Grunt + Kristen Loste (Singles), Darren Dreamer + Tara Kat, Geoff Rutherford + Chloe Singles... It's also greatly influenced by 'first come, first served' basis - literally Sims who come in the welcome wagon or pass by the house early on have a good chance of 'matching' with someone in my game

I'm currently planning to start a new Megahood, that I hope to play for at least 2 generations (possibly more, if I feel like it and doesn't get corrupted). So I'd love to hear your ideas and what you usually do in your Megahood.
Advertisement
Field Researcher
#2 Old 1st Feb 2015 at 2:57 PM
Angela Pleasant and Tank Grunt. Made for each other, I swear. (Especially when she rolled up General as her LTW...) Lilith Pleasant and Rick Contrary. Darren Dreamer and Samantha Cordial. (Darren and Samantha, she's a witch...) I've had Nervous Subject paired up with Edwin Sharpe, Allegra Gorey, Kent Capp... Antonio Monty and Olive Specter. Pascal and Vidcund Curious with Bianca Monty and Cassandra Goth (either way around works). Brandi Broke with Luis Aspir. Jules O'Mackey with Puck Summerdream. Tybalt Capp with Ophelia Nigmos. General Buzz with Nina Caliente. And so on...
Instructor
#3 Old 1st Feb 2015 at 4:04 PM
Great minds alike? I spent last night setting up my first-ever UBERhood of ALL THE HOODS! and then three megahoods consisting of:

1. Riverblossom Hills/Academie Le Tour/Belladonna Cove/Desiderata Valley/Twikkii Islands
2. Pleasantview/Sim State University/Downtown/Bluewater Village/Takemizu Village
3. Strangetown/La Fiesta Tech/Sim Bin subhood/Three Lakes

Favorite pairings already include Blossom Moonbeam and the Summerdream family (3 bolts!), Blossom/Florence Delarosa/Lazlo Curious, Julien Cooke & Patrica Wan, Lola Curious & Cleo Shikbu, Gilbert Jaquet & Catherine Viejo, Lazlo Curious and Tara Kat.
Mad Poster
#4 Old 1st Feb 2015 at 4:44 PM
I like the Moonblossom Challenge with a megahood, where one sim has to procreate with a sim from each of the premade hoods. I'm having Lilith Pleasant do it in mine. She's so desperately looking for the happy, stable family she never had but always seems to pick the wrong guys...

I just started a mini-megahood made up of Veronaville, Bluewater and Academie Le Tour. That's fun so far. Make the Veronaville duplex houses into apartments (I do this in every Veronaville, they are perfect) - I have Antonio and the large Capp clan living next door, the kids alternately play together, terrorise each other or ignore each other. Regan and Cornwall kicked Kent out into the next door apartment.

Consort Capp and Denise Jacquet seem to have found companions in each other. Chester Gieke runs a rudimentary school. The Montys converted one of the houses on their side of town into an Italian restaurant. Bianca works there.

I use the sims as a psychology simulator...
Mad Poster
#5 Old 1st Feb 2015 at 6:09 PM
I'm really happy with some of the pairings going on in my megahood right now. Some of them are slightly weird, like Crystal Vu and Leod McGreggor, but... they started that relationship, not me!

Some of my favourites are:
Malcolm Landgraab IV + Marissa Cleveland or Dina Calinte - Which is kinda awkward because he's actually married to Daisy Greenman in my game. They had Malcolm Landgraab V together, but other than that they're just not compatible at all. Malcolm has cheated multipl tims, resulting in twins wit Marissa (named Calbin and Coral) causing her to break up with her husband, and so far no children with Dina Calinte, but she works for him in his electronics store as a cashier... and lets just say they don't get much work done.

Nathan Gavigan and Ginger Newson - This somehow happens in all my games with no help from me. I'm not sure whats going to happen with them at the moment because Nathan lives in a small apartment with Isaiah and Ginger lives in a super overcrowded house with her younger siblings. I'm thinking of having her adopt her child siblings and moving in with Nathan, as Gabrielle and Gallagher can look after themselves, but it's not like Ginger to leave her siblings to fend for themselves.

Rick Contrary and Angela Pleasant - Angela likes bad boys and Rick Contrary was going through his bad-boy phase, Angela pushes him to be worse. Probably not the best relationship, but it's interesting to play through. Rick wants to be a business man but Angela keeps trying to push him into the criminal career track. Angela also as a daughter with Dustin Broke named Bea. Angela argues that she doesn't want Rick acting like a parent to her, but RIck does anyway because he feels like she needs a parent figure as Angela isn't interested.

Beau Broke & Desdemona Capp - They're just adorable together. They're in their early teens, so they haven't been together for long. But I really like them together.

I've also put together: Vidcund Curious & Real Bella Goth, Timothy Riley and Cassandra Goth, Erin Beaker and Chester Gieke, Kirsten Loste and Julian Cooke and loads more but the laptop I'm on right now doesn't have a good keyboad and its killin my hands to typ this.

I'm trying to work out who to put Cyd Roseland with. At first I got him with Florence BUT then she just went off with Chico Ramirez autonomously! So he decided to try and go out with Jennifer Burb (now that she's single), but she has multiple boyfriends at the moment and wants to get married to Don Lothario - which I will probably allow as soon as h reaches his LTW of 20 lovers.

~Your friendly neighborhood ginge
Instructor
#6 Old 1st Feb 2015 at 7:46 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Bigsimsfan12

I'm trying to work out who to put Cyd Roseland with. At first I got him with Florence BUT then she just went off with Chico Ramirez autonomously! So he decided to try and go out with Jennifer Burb (now that she's single), but she has multiple boyfriends at the moment and wants to get married to Don Lothario - which I will probably allow as soon as h reaches his LTW of 20 lovers.

I personally adore Cyd and (an older!) Buck Grunt.
Mad Poster
#7 Old 1st Feb 2015 at 7:53 PM
Quote: Originally posted by conversesneaker
I personally adore Cyd and (an older!) Buck Grunt.

That actually sounds like a perfect match :lovestruc . Cyd isn't gay/bi in my game, but I can always make him. Buck is Bi and is currently in a relationship with Jill, but that's not going to last because Jill is quite interested in Hal Capp. Buck is going to grow up to own a hair saloon business (being that in his bio it states he wants to be a pet stylist but you can't do that) and also breed puppies, and Cyd loves dogs. They sound perfect together

~Your friendly neighborhood ginge
Test Subject
#8 Old 1st Feb 2015 at 9:43 PM
Funny how some of us have the same unlikely pairs. In my MegaHood I have Samantha Cordial with Darren Dreamer, and Lazlo Curious with Tara Kat too.

Kimberly Cordial and Vidcund Curious are possibly the weirdest pairing in my hood, science meets magic. Then there's Alexandra Teatherton and General Buzz Grunt, who look really well together. Brandi Broke and Kent Capp. Erin Beaker and John Mole, one of my favorite pairs. Kristen Loste and Jason Larson; his sister Jodie and Andrew Martin. Florence Delarosa and Connor Weir. Cyd Roseland and Stella Terrano. Gabriel Green and Olivia Specter, then Remington Harris, the male maid. Jason Cleveland and Geoff Rutherford, his brother-in-law. Armand DeBateau and Biaca Monty, they make a cool power couple, as well as Malcolm Landgrab IV and Jessica Peterson.

That's all I can remember. I kept most pre-made couples together. Some of the single sims are still single and others are with townies whose names I can't remember. Finally, anyone have a suggestion for a recently widowed Lisa Ramirez? Poor Checo had an accident trying to fix the computer.
Mad Poster
#9 Old 1st Feb 2015 at 10:31 PM
One of my favorite couples is Francis J. Worthington and Hermia Capp. One that just happened but made all sorts of sense: Morty Roth and Ophelia Nigmos. One that really shouldn't be but the sims are all over it: General Buzz Grunt and Nina Caliente. One that's shaping up right now with lots of potential: Andrew Martin and Brandi Broke.

And one that's not a couple but seems satisfactory for all involved: Carlos Contender, Catherine Viejo, and Betty Goldstein (all are straight, but the ladies seem happy to share).

Pics from my game: Sunbee's Simblr Sunbee's Livejournal
"English is a marvelous edged weapon if you know how to wield it." C.J. Cherryh
Instructor
#10 Old 2nd Feb 2015 at 12:19 AM
Quote: Originally posted by viluxa
Finally, anyone have a suggestion for a recently widowed Lisa Ramirez? Poor Checo had an accident trying to fix the computer.

I do not recommend Chester Gieke. I did that pairing once (I don't remember if I had to tweak their turn on/offs, but they had bolts. And the ugliest daughter).
Test Subject
#11 Old 2nd Feb 2015 at 12:46 AM
Quote: Originally posted by conversesneaker
I do not recommend Chester Gieke. I did that pairing once (I don't remember if I had to tweak their turn on/offs, but they had bolts. And the ugliest daughter).

Fortunately, Chester has his eyes on Marla Biggs.

eta: Although, I'm not really sure the end result will be much better...
Mad Poster
#12 Old 2nd Feb 2015 at 1:10 AM
Although I'm trying to Consort Capp paired up with that bitch, Olive Spectre, he has other ideas: Lola Curious-Smith. (I aged everyone to adult.)
They're after each other in a big way..and the entire Capp Clan is very astounded that Consort is even considering her..but he's been abducted at least twice, and has developed a fondness for aliens-although her family is aghast at her choice, as well.
Mad Poster
#13 Old 2nd Feb 2015 at 1:34 AM
Malcolm Landgraab and either Lola Curious-Smith, Kristen Loste, or Cassandra Goth, depending on how things go.
Armand De Bateau and Cassandra Goth or Antonio Monty and Cassandra Goth. (Can you tell I am not a huge fan of Cassandra/Don?)
Consort Capp and Dora Ottomas, and Kent Capp and Nervous Subject.
Pascal Curious and Jane Stacks, Vidcund Curious and Monica Bratford or Erin Beaker, and Lazlo Curious and Florence Delarosa.
Leod MacGreggor and Tara Kat. Prettiest daughters ever.

Viluxa, have you tried Antonio Monty or Darren Dreamer?

Pics from my game: Sunbee's Simblr Sunbee's Livejournal
"English is a marvelous edged weapon if you know how to wield it." C.J. Cherryh
Test Subject
#14 Old 2nd Feb 2015 at 4:13 AM
Quote: Originally posted by Sunbee
Malcolm Landgraab and either Lola Curious-Smith, Kristen Loste, or Cassandra Goth, depending on how things go.
Armand De Bateau and Cassandra Goth or Antonio Monty and Cassandra Goth. (Can you tell I am not a huge fan of Cassandra/Don?)
Consort Capp and Dora Ottomas, and Kent Capp and Nervous Subject.
Pascal Curious and Jane Stacks, Vidcund Curious and Monica Bratford or Erin Beaker, and Lazlo Curious and Florence Delarosa.
Leod MacGreggor and Tara Kat. Prettiest daughters ever.

Viluxa, have you tried Antonio Monty or Darren Dreamer?

They're both taken. Darren with Samantha the Witch and Antonio with a townie. But you just reminded me that Leod is still single...
Mad Poster
#15 Old 2nd Feb 2015 at 9:05 AM
Ooh yes I put Leod with Tara, they are about to have triplets. They also have millions of farm/purebred kittens running around the place. They are going to be busy!!

I use the sims as a psychology simulator...
Field Researcher
#16 Old 2nd Feb 2015 at 10:45 AM
Consort Capp and Dina Caliente. After his demise, Dina moved on to Carlos Contender.
Field Researcher
Original Poster
#17 Old 2nd Feb 2015 at 2:47 PM
Quote: Originally posted by littlejestersims
Consort Capp and Dina Caliente. After his demise, Dina moved on to Carlos Contender.

I did this once too. Consort resisted Dina for a while but Dina, being the gold digger that she is, didn't give up easily and married him eventually.
Scholar
#18 Old 2nd Feb 2015 at 4:37 PM
Fortunately, Chester has his eyes on Marla Biggs.

eta: Although, I'm not really sure the end result will be much better...

What about Chester and Lola Curious? They're in a committed relationship in my game and most of the Smith branch of the family expects him to be going down on one knee any day now...and of course PT#9's ultimate hope for the relationship is that it'll be a source of grandchildren for him. Lola is pretty enough for two, but I can see how alien-black eyes could have a disconcerting effect combined with too much of Chester's face...

Marla's engaged to Mercutio Monty and pregnant with his child in my game. I was totally not thinking of genetics when I decided that Mercutio's crush on the tutor his family had hired to get him through college was cute...
Field Researcher
#19 Old 2nd Feb 2015 at 7:16 PM
Finally, anyone have a suggestion for a recently widowed Lisa Ramirez?

Nervous Subject? No, really, I think it could work. Or an affair with Stephen Tinker, they usually have two or three bolts if I remember correctly. Laszlo Curious, Kent Capp, Cyd Roseland. Oberon Summerdream. Armand DeBateau. Luis Aspir if she's going for someone older, Martin Ruben or Erik Swain if she'd prefer someone younger. Timothy Riley, maybe. If she's bi, Marla Biggs or Emily Lee, or Florence Delarosa.

And those are just the ones I think she might have good chemistry with. Chemistry isn't everything.
Lab Assistant
#20 Old 2nd Feb 2015 at 8:32 PM Last edited by imarock79 : 2nd Feb 2015 at 8:52 PM.
Where is this Moonbeam or Moon Blossom Challenge please?
And which name is it please?
We are very interested and these stories are awesome and we would like to do this challenge.
Can anyone help please? We have Googled and found some with those names but they are not the same sounding.
Is it this one?
https://moonbeamlegacy.wordpress.com/

You all have such great pairings that we haven't tried yet and we wrote notes on couples, lol.
Thank You for it.

We are a Mom and 24 year old Daughter who love Sims 2, Sims 1, Sims 3 and Sims 4, respectively.
We also share videos of our games on our YouTube channel.
Mad Poster
#21 Old 2nd Feb 2015 at 8:55 PM
iamarock79, the Uberhood or Moonbeam Trail Challenge rules are explained here: http://aledstrange.livejournal.com/93991.html

It's sometimes called Moonbeam Trail because it was first popularized with LFT college student Blossom Moonbeam as the protagonist.

I'm doing a variant in a Genderswapped Uberhood with Widespot RFD attached, with Rhett as the front man. Like most challenges, it has a lot of potential permutations.

Ugly is in the heart of the beholder.
(My simblr isSim Media Res . Widespot,Widespot RFD: The Subhood, and Land Grant University are all available here. In case you care.)
Lab Assistant
#22 Old 2nd Feb 2015 at 9:13 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Peni Griffin
iamarock79, the Uberhood or Moonbeam Trail Challenge rules are explained here: http://aledstrange.livejournal.com/93991.html

It's sometimes called Moonbeam Trail because it was first popularized with LFT college student Blossom Moonbeam as the protagonist.

I'm doing a variant in a Genderswapped Uberhood with Widespot RFD attached, with Rhett as the front man. Like most challenges, it has a lot of potential permutations.

Thank You so much! We have Widespot too.
We made notes to make megahoods, and we do already have a uberhood.
And Thank You for the GenderSwap Hood, got that too to try, lol.
This topic was perfect for getting us Simming again with 2.
Thank You.

We are a Mom and 24 year old Daughter who love Sims 2, Sims 1, Sims 3 and Sims 4, respectively.
We also share videos of our games on our YouTube channel.
Scholar
#23 Old 2nd Feb 2015 at 11:44 PM
I'm trying to create a situation where a teen boy marries an elder female. She would be a rich socialite and he is a spoiled bad boy.
Field Researcher
Original Poster
#24 Old 3rd Feb 2015 at 11:54 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Sunbee

Only saw this one now. Armand DeBateau + Cassandra Goth sound perfect together! Both are family Sims who'd like a big family and from an upper class family. I never really understood Don + Cassandra (even though I often let it be); they just seem so different, I can't even imagine how they'd meet, let alone get as far as engagement?! It just doesn't make much sense - though they made some cute kids in my previous games.
Test Subject
#25 Old 4th Feb 2015 at 7:01 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Felicia1066
Nervous Subject? No, really, I think it could work. Or an affair with Stephen Tinker, they usually have two or three bolts if I remember correctly. Laszlo Curious, Kent Capp, Cyd Roseland. Oberon Summerdream. Armand DeBateau. Luis Aspir if she's going for someone older, Martin Ruben or Erik Swain if she'd prefer someone younger. Timothy Riley, maybe. If she's bi, Marla Biggs or Emily Lee, or Florence Delarosa.

And those are just the ones I think she might have good chemistry with. Chemistry isn't everything.

Nervous Subject it is! It wouldn't be my pick, but they have three bolts. One evening together and there's already a potentially scary little creature on the way.

I'm kinda bummed as I was planning on doing something a little darker with Nervous. Oh well, nothing his psycho immortal mother can't fix!
Page 1 of 3