Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Field Researcher
#26 Old 7th Apr 2014 at 11:01 AM
I tend to build one large room dedicated to skill-building.
Workout equipment in one corner, chess table in another, bot building thing in the middle of the room, etc.
Advertisement
Theorist
#27 Old 7th Apr 2014 at 5:24 PM
A horse, of course.

A horse is a wonderfully charming addition to any living area.

Resident wet blanket.
Test Subject
#28 Old 7th Apr 2014 at 5:37 PM Last edited by salem2014 : 7th Apr 2014 at 6:10 PM.
I always put as alchemy and gem cutter, pc,tv,bonehilda coffin if there is room I
Screenshots
Scholar
#29 Old 7th Apr 2014 at 10:36 PM
Until now I've never built a house with so much room that I have no clue what to add next, but I suppose you could add rooms devoted to each individual skill. A gym, an alchemy room, an art studio, library, etc.

The secret ingredient is phone.
Growing up means watching my heroes turn human in front of me.
Thank you, O Mighty Doom Deity! - BL00DIEHELL
Inventor
#30 Old 9th Apr 2014 at 11:21 AM Last edited by Axe Gaijin : 9th Apr 2014 at 6:55 PM.
Clutter, lots and lots of clutter. A house without clutter is just to sterile for me, like there's no-one living there.

In big houses I tend to have a pool house if I have a pool, a study/library, a gym, guest suites, an "entertaining room" with a bar and a fireplace and some comfy chairs, a games den with a pool table or a domino table, a separate laundry room, sometimes a wine cellar and plenty of bathrooms.

The Grumpy Old Gamer's Blog

~Life is like a box of chocolates, just when you're enjoying it, you choke on it.
Field Researcher
#31 Old 9th Apr 2014 at 11:23 PM
I love building ridiculously large houses. Tailor it for your sims needs. When I had my sim living in a huge house apart from the usual kitchen/sitting rooms etc. I had a recording studio for him because he's in the music career, awesome arcade/chillout room, big home office, art studio, a small movie theatre, plus a lot of space dedicated to throwing parties-so you know a home bar, pool table, blackjack table... that kind of stuff. Outside I have a pool area with a jacuzzi and sauna, an outdoor cooking and seating area for barbecuing, a greenhouse, and space set aside for a basketball hoop and other sports stuff. Also a space specifically for him to do the martial arts stuff.
Top Secret Researcher
#32 Old 10th Apr 2014 at 9:59 AM
Quote: Originally posted by lisfyre
I don't build mansions. Too much for my simmies. I like to start them out really poor and struggling and make them work for their money. I'll add to their homes as their income gets higher and get it to the point of luxurious but never a mansion. If my sims get that rich, I usually end up tearing down their original house and building a bigger one to accommodate all the things they need and what they've amassed. ~~shrugs~~

I guess you're on the right track when you said you've put in bowling lanes, arcade - basically a games room. Don't forget walk in closets and full sized dressing rooms - his and hers while you're at it. Heck you can probably do a his and hers ensuite adjoining those fully realized dressing rooms too. Don't forget the office, library, music room, living room, dining, kitchen, fully stocked pantry, fully stocked wine cellar... errrmmm.. nectar cellar I mean, That's about all I can think of to put in that huge space right now. Good luck !!! Post some piccies if you ever finish it

While at it, put in the rabbit hole rugs. And the sims will never have to leave the house for anything else.

I work for a living, but I don't necessarily live for a working.
Lab Assistant
#33 Old 10th Apr 2014 at 3:52 PM
I just put in whatever the heck I want! If there is some specific theme I want for the house, however, I try to stick with it as much as I can. Other times I just forget about a theme and decorate it my style. Like putting in a lot of skill building items like easels and chemistry tables, those sometimes go in the same room where I want my sims to build skills. I always put a lot of playthings in the yard for the kids to play with, like swings and treehouses. So in otherwords, yeah. I pretty much put everything in my houses.
Test Subject
#34 Old 11th Apr 2014 at 11:49 PM
Guest bedrooms
Guest bedrooms with different themes
A movie theater
Bowling alley
Game room
Study
Library
Art gallery
Art workshop
Indoor swimming pool
Sauna
Arcade room
Lounge
Children's play room
Bar
Ballroom
Nightclub

The possibilities are endless.
Lab Assistant
#35 Old 12th Apr 2014 at 11:23 PM
I have a very cluttered home, I'm terrible at interior decorating. Usually when I start building I buy all the objects I need, try and clump them together, and build walls around them. Then when I need new objects or skills training I buy those objects and put them in the yard. It's quite a mess, and if someone gets pregnant or new Sims move in I build another room for the bed/craddle. It's very compact right now, I should rebuild the house from scratch and design it cool-like, but I don't know how.

Check out my Legacy Challenge:
Chapter 41: Do Babies Eat Sand?
Test Subject
#36 Old 13th Apr 2014 at 11:59 PM
plants plants and more plants c:
Lab Assistant
#37 Old 15th Apr 2014 at 2:27 AM
I usually build middle-sized houses, with all the necessary basics, but without too many extras. The must-haves are: a living room, usually with a TV, a stereo, a sofa+two armchairs set, a bookcase (or two), some end tables and a coffee table, sometimes a dresser if there is a space for it, and in most cases, with a fireplace; an eat-in kitchen for smaller houses, and a separated kitchen+dining room for larger ones; bedrooms for all the family members, and usually a guest bedroom (as for kids, if there are any: in smaller houses, they share one room, in larger homes, they get separate ones, or at least i don't make teens live with toddlers). There can be either a separate study, or a desk with a computer in each bedrrom. Skill objects can be placed all over the house without any special room for them: for ex. instruments in the living room, a gemcutter in the garage/basement, an easel on the terrace or balcony, etc. Or, in large houses, there can be special rooms for skill objects. Also, large mansions can have gaming rooms, music rooms (if the owners like to play instruments), saunas, winter gardens, kinda two living rooms (one is smaler, with a TV, and another is lager,with a stereo,a bar,and lots of space, this is for parties). There can be even an indoor pool beside the outdoor one in a large house, but this is suitable only for worlds with colder climate. A spa room with a hot tub and a massage table is also a good idea (this idea actually came to my mind now, I've never buit such a room before, gotta try that ) Anyway, building ridiculously large mansions on huge lots is usually not a good idea, as it slows the game (on not very powerful computers), and makes sims waste too much time getting from one part of the house to another.

Check my blog for worlds and lots: Sims3 ComfoLife Design Studio
Lab Assistant
#38 Old 21st Apr 2014 at 5:35 AM
Depends on the Sims living there.... I favor my creative Sims, and usually I make sure I leave a lot of blank walls for their art and pictures, and I'll leave their written novels sitting on coffee tables.
Instructor
#39 Old 25th Apr 2014 at 11:43 PM
I try to make them as close to a real house/home as possible. I don't like putting games or other stuff you normaly wouldn't see in a family house.
Page 2 of 2