Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
View Poll Results: What do you think about TS3?
I HATE it!
7 4.29%
I dislike it.
15 9.20%
It's okay, I guess.
25 15.34%
I like it.
47 28.83%
I LOVE it!
59 36.20%
Where are the llamas???
10 6.13%
Voters: 163. You may not vote on this poll

Test Subject
#501 Old 3rd Mar 2013 at 3:52 PM
I have my opinion about the game, and in many ways I am amazed by how good it actually is. But there are so many little and big things that actually bother me about it. While I appreciate most aspects of the game, I can't help but think EA has been handling this game in a mediocre to very poor fashion. In several ways it feels like a step down from the Sims 2 and a step towards easy cash-grabbing coupled with azy design.

Now I know I sound like a vitriolic hater or something. I do really enjoy the game, and am a longtime fan of the franchise. I just feel there are a lot of things in this game and it's EP's that are just... disappointing. I'd be surprised if others did not feel the same way.
Advertisement
Lab Assistant
#502 Old 16th Apr 2013 at 7:21 PM
I have been with the franchise since Sims 1. I thought the jump from 1 to 2 was a huge improvement. The jump from 2 to 3 just seemed to fall flat. It's almost like, in some parts it is so close to being an improvement yet so far.

I like to have custom content in my game. I typically spend more time downloading content than actually playing. With Sims 2, custom content didn't seem to be overly complicated unless I got into mods, which is where you had to be careful. For Sims 3, I'm starting to feel like I need a programming degree just for the basics. What seriously irks me is this pets patch. So much decent custom content is now messed up. Many creators won't get around to (and quite frankly, they shouldn't have to) update the content. This also makes downloading from sites using a language that isn't native to me more difficult. Before, it wasn't too hard to figure out how to download what I wanted. But now it is going to be hard to tell if something is pets patch compatible or not.

I just find that very disappointing.

I also have to echo the "pudding face" sentiments I've seen thrown around since the beginning. We've gotten more sliders, which is great, but yet they often don't seem to do much of anything.

Pattern changes are a great idea, that is one useful improvement.

I won't lie that the store thing ticks me off. I know that's old news, but when I spend $50 for the base game, and $30 for each expansion x 6 or however many come out, I shouldn't still need to spend hundreds of dollars to acquire basics that should have come with one of the expansions. I get it; businesses are out to make money and those with a good product deserve to make a profit. This however, seems excessive. It's like buying a shirt for $60 then needing to go back and buy the buttons for $10 a pop. I would think for that $60 the buttons should have been included.

I'll give the Sims 3 a little more of a chance, but I find I'm getting fed up far too quickly again (I had started playing after the release, but got fed up waiting for bug fixes and the like and put it back on the shelf for a good while.)
Test Subject
#503 Old 18th Apr 2013 at 3:30 AM Last edited by binkii70 : 18th Apr 2013 at 3:32 AM. Reason: i don't know if i'm posting this in the right place or not
My Wish
I'm new here and if this is posted in the wrong place i'm sorry. I don't usually post things anywhere but I can't find a answer to my question: Is there a mod out there that gives you more voice choices for the sims 3? I have alot of sims with the same voices, which is the only three EA gives to choose from and they sound the same. I really, and I mean really dislike the first voice they have , you know the one that the sim just stands there and laughs like "AHHHH-AHHHH" or something like that. If there is a mod I would love to have it. I don't know enough to make one myself..anyway, thanks!
Alchemist
#504 Old 11th May 2013 at 9:00 AM Last edited by ZenGarden : 11th May 2013 at 9:29 AM.
I just installed it and played it, everything worked fine and everything looked really nice. I just did not get into it, it was like '' uhm.. what do i do now.. ''.
It feels like The Sims 2 has won me over to its side, The Sims 3 still has a shot but im not sure. It just feels like The Sims 3 is not my game.

I think that the SP are just ridiculous and that the EP has no real feeling in it. Just a bunch of stuff and new interactions and '' done ''. For an example, Generations could easily have been set into the basegame and Late Night and Showtime should have been merged into one. Also the open neighborhood is pointless as there is rabbitholes, going to the park however is pretty nice. For some days ago someone made a picture where you could see the CAS from TS1,TS2 and TS3 and when I looked at it I thought that The Sims 3 looked like a step behind The Sims 2. The Sims 2 sure has some loading time, but I have a pretty fast computer so it won't take long and at least there is people on the community lots. With th e patch and the memory system its just stupid, if you're in the house and something special happens, a picture of your house will occur in the memory-section. I also think its wrong by EA to make custom worlds that costs more than an EP. Also all the kids (if you don't have a lot of EP) will look the same. Same hair, same clothes, just different colours '' play with life ''.

I hope The Sims 4 will have more The Sims 2 in it.
#505 Old 15th May 2013 at 10:01 PM
Quote: Originally posted by HystericalParoxysm
Got an opinion on TS3? Of course you do! Whether you like it, hate it, or anything in between, this is the thread where you can post your opinions about it and discuss the finer points of what you think about the game, what it is, what it could have been, and what it should be!

I am still new to playing The Sims 3, and there are couple of things that I notice with this game. Unlike in previous games, The Sims 3 required me to get an account on Origin before I could ever install the game. Once I installed the game, I expected that I didn't have to have the DVD to play. Wrong. I still had to have the DVD inside to launch the game. The screenshots came out HUGE. I checked out the size of the screenshots, and they were more than 1000 pixels in width! Hmmm... I think I need to adjust the size of the screenshots. They are far too big to my taste. In the game, the first family I played was the Martinez family, which consisted of Pablo and his wife Jennifer Martinez. I moved them in to one of the cheap houses that they could afford and helped the couple get jobs. I decorated and refurnished the house and made over the characters. I made the couple try for baby, but apparently, that didn't make Jennifer pregnant. So, I allowed the family to adopt a little boy who was named Alexander Martinez. The family also named two fish. One fish was a trout named Trout, and the other fish was an anchovie named Anne. Unfortunately for the family, they couldn't afford an additional bed, so for the time being, I tried to make Alexander sleep in the double bed that was also shared by his father. Alexander complained that he didn't want to sleep with his father, whom he knew so little. I made a bio for Alexander's history, and then went to create a new household. I played around the Create-A-New-Household thing, and I exited it without a family. Instead, I went to the Goth family. I made over the Goths' appearances, but still kept the black melancholy look of the Goths. My favorite part of the game is how Sims can store stuff in their refrigerators and plant stuff in the garden and go fishing! But the most annoying part, in my opinion, were the online Sims 3 Store features. In The Sims 2, the Sims 2 Store features were pretty separated from the actual game, but in The Sims 3, you could actually purchase stuff in the game, which I personally find annoying. Now, that makes me afraid of getting an account on The Sims 3 site, because I don't know what would happen if I accidentally click on a Sims 3 store item, and the company charges me real money for the item. Grrr... In The Sims 2, there was the Exchange in the game, and everything was free. In the Sims 3, you could download Sims 3 store items, but they require real money.
Forum Resident
#506 Old 30th Jun 2013 at 11:15 AM
Have just started playing TS3 after falling madly in love with all the things I can get away with in TS2. I haven't got an official opinion yet really, as I'm still struggling to actually *play* the game (so. freaking. much. stuff. to do.) Just getting the game to load and function correctly has been a bloody nightmare and has severely diminished my potential love for this game, but that said, it's really beautiful- like more so than the TS2... visually it's lovely. I hate the way my sims look though. I agree on that- it's going to take ages in Create-a-sim to make my sims look even remotely attractive, and because I am terrified of/utterly opposed to all the things I have to do to have that good old TS2 staple: package files, (nooooooo) it's going to take even longer/more creative problem solving. I refuse to download anything that isn't a TS3 SimPack file. It's partly to help keep my cc for a second Sims game under control so that my computer still functions... *sigh. I'll report back when I've actually settled into a story line.
Mad Poster
#507 Old 31st Jul 2013 at 3:30 PM
Quote: Originally posted by CrèmedelaCrème
I am still new to playing The Sims 3, and there are couple of things that I notice with this game. Unlike in previous games, The Sims 3 required me to get an account on Origin before I could ever install the game. Once I installed the game, I expected that I didn't have to have the DVD to play. Wrong. I still had to have the DVD inside to launch the game. The screenshots came out HUGE. I checked out the size of the screenshots, and they were more than 1000 pixels in width! Hmmm... I think I need to adjust the size of the screenshots. They are far too big to my taste. In the game, the first family I played was the Martinez family, which consisted of Pablo and his wife Jennifer Martinez. I moved them in to one of the cheap houses that they could afford and helped the couple get jobs. I decorated and refurnished the house and made over the characters. I made the couple try for baby, but apparently, that didn't make Jennifer pregnant. So, I allowed the family to adopt a little boy who was named Alexander Martinez. The family also named two fish. One fish was a trout named Trout, and the other fish was an anchovie named Anne. Unfortunately for the family, they couldn't afford an additional bed, so for the time being, I tried to make Alexander sleep in the double bed that was also shared by his father. Alexander complained that he didn't want to sleep with his father, whom he knew so little. I made a bio for Alexander's history, and then went to create a new household. I played around the Create-A-New-Household thing, and I exited it without a family. Instead, I went to the Goth family. I made over the Goths' appearances, but still kept the black melancholy look of the Goths. My favorite part of the game is how Sims can store stuff in their refrigerators and plant stuff in the garden and go fishing! But the most annoying part, in my opinion, were the online Sims 3 Store features. In The Sims 2, the Sims 2 Store features were pretty separated from the actual game, but in The Sims 3, you could actually purchase stuff in the game, which I personally find annoying. Now, that makes me afraid of getting an account on The Sims 3 site, because I don't know what would happen if I accidentally click on a Sims 3 store item, and the company charges me real money for the item. Grrr... In The Sims 2, there was the Exchange in the game, and everything was free. In the Sims 3, you could download Sims 3 store items, but they require real money.

there's an in game option to turn off the store features
Test Subject
#508 Old 7th Aug 2013 at 11:15 PM
Default Loved the game but...
It was great while it lasted but after the new update...:/ things fell apart, I wish they had there customer service to contact, but they don't :/ so im done with the sims 3. R.I.P to a somewhat good game :/
Test Subject
#509 Old 18th Aug 2013 at 11:29 PM
I have loved The Sims 3 since it came out, however I do have issues with some of the expansions packs but apart from that I really do like it. I guess I should get a better computer so I can fully experience the sims 3 and all it has to offer. I still think its a great game though :D
Forum Resident
#510 Old 19th Aug 2013 at 12:46 AM
I personally do not like the PC version. It had major glitches and the engine was pretty broken.

The PS3 version is the only one i can play without ripping my hair out.

Personal opinion of course, but TBH ive always fancied the console versions anyways.
Field Researcher
#511 Old 2nd Dec 2013 at 10:58 PM
I like playing the sims 3 since I bought it in 2009.

It would be better if EA didn't put annoying things like, kids ask for a bedtime story, ghost story, looking under bed for monsters, ...

My flash animation
http://robingravel.byethost15.com/eflash.htm

A Christmas day at 25o Celcius
http://robingravel.byethost15.com/noel2014.htm
A girl whiches a warm day at Christmas.
Test Subject
#512 Old 13th Dec 2013 at 11:08 PM
I didn't start playing the Sims 3 since early year. Before that, I had the original Sims and missed out on the 2nd one. I've been slowly adding the in Expansions since starting, so it keeps it interesting and adds in new things here and there so I don't get bored. The cost of things is sometimes frustrating, but I think it's exciting to keep adding new EPs/worlds/items to keep the game evolving. I only recently starting adding mods and custom content, since I installed my last EP (finished with Showtime), which also keeps it exciting and helps me create a world more attuned to how I want to play the game. I also started achievement hunting -- which, from the thread I posted, I learned that many people do not like/do not due. But, I really dig it and it's keeping me enjoying the Sims even after playing it pretty consistently for the last year.
Test Subject
#513 Old 16th Dec 2013 at 7:22 PM
Well I have only been playing since Dec. 1st, but right now I don't like how slow the relationship building goes. I have had two couples living together for five sim weeks now. Both couples show romantic interest and have 100 relation. Both couples ended up pregnant and I wanted them to marry but no option to do so. At one point I saw the option to get engaged or marry come up, but before I got to it, it was gone again. Babys have been born to both couples and one is pregnant again right away. I have read that you have to romance a lot and woohoo. But this has been going on way to long the the couples are getting older all the time. There must be a fast way. A mod or some cheat, I am getting bored with this to fast. Thanks.
Top Secret Researcher
#514 Old 20th Dec 2013 at 6:49 PM
I can't think of a mod on this site off-hand (but could very well be wrong) so if you do not hear back on this thread, post your question over at NRaas Chatterbox. I am sure one of Twallan's mods has what you need. I remember seeing the adjustment within relationships but just not sure if it is within SP or Retuner.
Test Subject
#515 Old 22nd Dec 2013 at 5:18 PM
Hmmm Sims 3. I love it but I also hate it at the same time (does that even make sense?). I got the game at used media store a while ago for $6 and have built up my collection since then with Supernatural and now Pets, which I got a week ago for my birthday. I am a long time Sims 2 player and I thought I would give it a try. First thing: I love CAS. In my opinion the people are a lot more realistic I just like the shape of the people more. When I have gone back to Sims 2, I'm often shocked at how tall and skinny the people seem to be. As for the pets, I know it's just a graphics card thing, but my cats and dogs are super deformed and creepy. The eyes are all bulging and ugh.. The horses are beautiful though.
Now for the thing I'm most dissatisfied with: story progression. I'm not into legacy families really, I'm more of a one family at a time but still like interacting with other families I've made kind of player. Story progression doesn't allow me to do that. I've had to put all of my families in a seperate game because I'm scared that story progression will mess something up while I'm playing another family. I put everyone in the same town in my homestuck families and its a mess. I play the beta kids for a sim day only to go back to one of the troll families to find thy Tavros is a zombie. **headdesk**
The scenery is great though. Sometimes I just like to tilt the camera up and look at the sky.
Yeah. Overall I will say I like it. *end rant*
Mad Poster
#516 Old 15th May 2014 at 1:17 AM
I love this game, and part of what really sold me was the childish trait. It's so cute. The story possibilities are awesome too. Recently I bought the starter pack, and the other night I bought some expansion packs because they were cheap. Haven't bought World Adventures yet but I might someday, since it's got so many neat features despite those vacation missions and stuff. Besides, I like the idea of being able to make one's own 'nectar'. I just wish that in 'Supernatural' they would create a witch spell that would enable the witch to turn everyone on the lot into chickens(and allow the caster to exclude him/herself if he/she had enough magic skill).
Mad Poster
#517 Old 11th Jun 2014 at 1:47 AM
I love Sims 3, but I wish there was a rabbit hole creator so like, if you wanted to make an alien sim world, you wouldn't be stuck with Earthling buildings. I'd like to make some Master of Orion II style buildings, like the 'Research Lab' could be the Science rabbithole, the "Cloning Center" could be the hospital, the 'Astro University' could be the school, the 'Marine Barracks' could be that world's military base, and it would look like the marine barracks in Master of Orion 2. The 'Holo Simulator' would be that world's theater, the 'Pleasure Dome' would be the stadium, etc. I'm no good with milkshape and such, but I'd love to see if it's possible to make cloned rabbitholes that look like buildings from MoO2. Then I can make some Elerians, Psilons and other aliens and have them live in a world that really looks alien - without having to use Lunar lakes' rabbitholes.
Mad Poster
#518 Old 11th Jun 2014 at 1:55 AM
I actually have grown to really like TS3, though sometimes I fire up TS2.

I only need a few mods for TS3, as opposed to a bunch for TS2.

Who is Q? qanon.pub
Alchemist
#519 Old 11th Jun 2014 at 4:10 AM
Quote: Originally posted by AlexandraSpears
I actually have grown to really like TS3, though sometimes I fire up TS2.

I only need a few mods for TS3, as opposed to a bunch for TS2.

Which mods are you using, if you don't mind my asking. I just recently reinstalled and it feels like I never played it before in many ways.
Mad Poster
#520 Old 11th Jun 2014 at 4:55 AM
Basically nraas mods--Master Controller, Story Progression, Woohooer, and Overwatch. That's pretty much it.

It's like having the TS3 version of SimBlender and Inteen all rolled into one.

Who is Q? qanon.pub
Alchemist
#521 Old 11th Jun 2014 at 6:32 AM
Thanks. I used to use most of those. Haven't put anything in yet, though.
Alchemist
#522 Old 11th Jun 2014 at 11:50 AM
So this is the thread that used to be sticky I've always been wondering about...

Just call me Nikel
Test Subject
#523 Old 29th Jun 2014 at 7:29 AM
The Sims 3 will always be apart of my life. ALWAYS. I like it better than Sims 1 AND 2. I just love how the graphics got better,more tools in building mode,the fruniture was B-E-A-U-T-I-F-U-L. Well,lets face it. There's NOTHING to dislike about the Sims 3. (Except that Creepy glitch/bug when you put adult clothing on a toddler. *Shudder* That shit's creepy yo.)
Mad Poster
#524 Old 30th Jun 2014 at 1:46 PM
I stated out not being very happy with TS3 until I started getting Mods into the game and I really love it now because I've got it Modded out heavily and it's possible to play rotation style though time passes in every household while I play one in town.NRaas Mods are what made my game playable though I've got 58 package files of NRaas Mods in the Mods folder and a number of others from here to fix other smaller issues.
Scholar
#525 Old 1st Jul 2014 at 3:00 PM Last edited by DrChillgood : 1st Jul 2014 at 3:46 PM.
Opinions, eh?

I hate how it's called "Singed" (which implies slightly burnt) but the Sim looks more like "Burnt within an inch of his/her life" (or "Fried" for short). Scratch that, I'm planning on a mod to make two levels of burn (New Singed, and Old Singed / Fried), and make all the things (too many, but of course EA thinks someone going around covered in soot is funny-ha-ha-hardy-har-har) that Singe a Sim (with the exception of actually being on fire or a shock from a botched TV repair) go through the first level of burning before the good old sooty mess. New Singed could be healed in a day's time, but also by washing hands or something cold. Only a shower/bath will cure Fried. A Sunburned Sim would skip New Singed and go straight to Fried.

Yet one more mod on my pile of "I Wish I Could Make Scripting Mods".

And probably the most annoying random work events are the ones that zero out your Fun. Worst of all is the Culinary "Too Close to the Oven!" event where you come home Singed and Smelly (meaning a long-ass shower/bath to waste your night away). Shouldn't the sprinklers have come on? Needless to say, I zeroed out the probability of getting these random "**** happens" events during my tuning.

1/8/2016: New avatar! Pre-censored for EA's approval.
3/19/2015: Teens are too close to YAs. EA needs to either shorten the teens, or add preteens and make YAs look older.
Page 21 of 21