Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Test Subject
#26 Old 6th Jan 2016 at 7:48 PM
Default Characters
Had trouble trying to upload the screenshots on here, so I put them on tumblr. I did the challenge yesterday but forgot to take pictures, but I had a lot of fun doing it so I decided I'd do it again but this time take pictures throughout
Tumblr Link Here

Also, I added a little twist. I made 2 of the candidates sisters, but they're nemesis. Eleanor, the older sister, had a happier childhood. She was favored more than her sister, Genevieve. Because of this, Genevieve grew up to become mean-spirited and hot headed and have a craving for a revenge on her sister.
Advertisement
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#27 Old 6th Jan 2016 at 8:23 PM
Quote: Originally posted by sweetsgirl
Had trouble trying to upload the screenshots on here, so I put them on tumblr. I did the challenge yesterday but forgot to take pictures, but I had a lot of fun doing it so I decided I'd do it again but this time take pictures throughout
Tumblr Link Here

Also, I added a little twist. I made 2 of the candidates sisters, but they're nemesis. Eleanor, the older sister, had a happier childhood. She was favored more than her sister, Genevieve. Because of this, Genevieve grew up to become mean-spirited and hot headed and have a craving for a revenge on her sister.

The characters look flawless! Nice job!

May I ask where is that CC from? It's very good

Play my sims 3 version of The Princess Challenge

Currently playing The Dynasty Challenge
Test Subject
#28 Old 6th Jan 2016 at 8:41 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Letcupcake
The characters look flawless! Nice job!

May I ask where is that CC from? It's very good

Thanks! I get them all from The Exchange from the sims 3 site, can't remember who they're from, I usually just look at the recents but for the challenge I looked up queen and king in the elders and found the ones from the queen and king
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#30 Old 8th Jan 2016 at 8:45 PM

Congratulations on winning!

Scholar
#31 Old 28th Jan 2016 at 3:54 PM
I started this challenge because it's short and seemed like fun. I promptly ran into a few problems: it is completely contrary to my play style, and some of the things just don't transfer over from 4 to 3. Also on Tuesday week 3 we had a very large house fire so this challenge is going to go to week 4 Sunday since we spent the time we would've spent wooing the in-laws fighting the fire.

Things that just didn't transfer from 4 to 3:
One Saturday you're instructed to keep the emotional bar fulfilled to get 500 pts. I interpreted this as keep all need bars in the green and have no need related moodlets as in "hungry," "sleepy," "stressed," "has to pee," or "stinky".
The gardening challenge is not how skilled you are since fertilizing only effects the quality of the harvest and not the quality of the plant. It becomes a shopping challenge instead. I decided not to penalize my sim for only having nice plants since she planted at the end of summer and it was deep midwinter by this time.

http://www.carls-sims-3-guide.com/s.../fertilizer.php
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#32 Old 3rd Feb 2016 at 3:55 PM
Quote: Originally posted by tunafishfish
I started this challenge because it's short and seemed like fun. I promptly ran into a few problems: it is completely contrary to my play style, and some of the things just don't transfer over from 4 to 3. Also on Tuesday week 3 we had a very large house fire so this challenge is going to go to week 4 Sunday since we spent the time we would've spent wooing the in-laws fighting the fire.

Things that just didn't transfer from 4 to 3:
One Saturday you're instructed to keep the emotional bar fulfilled to get 500 pts. I interpreted this as keep all need bars in the green and have no need related moodlets as in "hungry," "sleepy," "stressed," "has to pee," or "stinky".
The gardening challenge is not how skilled you are since fertilizing only effects the quality of the harvest and not the quality of the plant. It becomes a shopping challenge instead. I decided not to penalize my sim for only having nice plants since she planted at the end of summer and it was deep midwinter by this time.

http://www.carls-sims-3-guide.com/s.../fertilizer.php

Oh! Sorry, I'll fix that right away! I'm really sorry for the inconvenience.

Scholar
#33 Old 3rd Feb 2016 at 5:52 PM
I'm sorry for being curt! I do like the challenge and I have been having fun playing it, but I was having a bad day that day. Also on Day 1 are we supposed to invite the royal family for some sort of party? I think that would make it easier to do things like invite the prince over in week 3 and have him come. I'm planning on replaying after the end of the challenge. I also made a house of 5 guys and placed them in the world for the other princesses. After the end of the game, I'll pair off the spares and send them off to populate my world.
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#34 Old 4th Feb 2016 at 12:18 AM
I'm sorry for being curt! I do like the challenge and I have been having fun playing it, but I was having a bad day that day. Also on Day 1 are we supposed to invite the royal family for some sort of party? I think that would make it easier to do things like invite the prince over in week 3 and have him come. I'm planning on replaying after the end of the challenge. I also made a house of 5 guys and placed them in the world for the other princesses. After the end of the game, I'll pair off the spares and send them off to populate my world.

Your comment was very helpful! Please do not feel bad!
I've played this challenge like 5 times! It's so much fun to see the different outcomes! But for some reason I can never continue playing after the challenge is finished. I find it awesome that you liked this challenge! :D

Scholar
#35 Old 4th Feb 2016 at 3:07 AM
I hadn't intended to continue afterwards, but then the world I decided to do this in was empty and unpopulated and I've had too much fun building it to just close the file. Unfortunately, story progression has just married off two of the single guys off to each other...
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#36 Old 4th Feb 2016 at 3:30 AM
I hadn't intended to continue afterwards, but then the world I decided to do this in was empty and unpopulated and I've had too much fun building it to just close the file. Unfortunately, story progression has just married off two of the single guys off to each other...

hahahahahaha
Oh well xP

Page 2 of 2