Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Scholar
#76 Old 21st May 2010 at 12:28 AM
I love huge castles. And downloading - a castle with the right EP's and SP's, and it is in my game

"Time is an illusion. Lunchtime doubly so."
- Douglas Adams (The Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy)
tumblr
Advertisement
Inventor
#77 Old 26th Aug 2010 at 10:04 PM
I like modern,Cottage and Victorian houses
I aim to misbehave
retired moderator
#78 Old 26th Aug 2010 at 10:59 PM
Modern (Aalto, Le Corbusier, Wright and Mies' styles) and Victorian I totally love organic modern.

Check out my tutorials: For TS4: Eyelashes and for TS2: Eyes and Eyes 2
-My Insta-

Please, call me Nina (:
Lab Assistant
#79 Old 4th Sep 2010 at 4:40 PM
I love farm homes, Modern, Contempo, Nevadan (the homes i see around here) and of course, cheap one room homes for the poor! Everyone needs a home too, right?
Blenderized to Pieces
retired moderator
#80 Old 18th Nov 2010 at 4:19 PM
I can build in several styles but I think I favor Japanese and 'California-Spanish/Mediterrenean' styles and lots that I can landscape. I LOVE Macarossi's TS2 plants! I'd like them for TS3 but I don't think they have been converted... :0( Darn! I'll have to learn how to make my own jungle plants!. lol
Top Secret Researcher
#81 Old 14th Jan 2011 at 5:17 AM
I Love MOdern, and very organic houses, lots of plants, rocks, water and wood, to blend in with the environment. If you wanna go into architecture itself, I really like Frank Lloyd Wright's style. Check out fallingwater if you can, its crazy, Wright built it over a waterfall
Lab Assistant
#82 Old 22nd Jan 2011 at 3:57 PM
I like building Second Empire, and Farm styled homes
Test Subject
#83 Old 27th Aug 2011 at 7:23 PM
modern and ultraModern
#84 Old 2nd May 2013 at 2:20 PM
Quote: Originally posted by GoldenSimmer
What types of lots have you always enjoyed building? Personally, I've always enjoyed building beach lots, since I like 5 miles from the coast. Why don't you tell us what you enjoy building, I know everyday enjoys some sort of style.

I like building traditional-style homes.
Echezzman Nwokeoma
staff: senior moderator
#85 Old 25th Jul 2013 at 8:36 PM
Modern is my catch. But I do also like Victorian and contemporary
Test Subject
#86 Old 29th Jul 2013 at 7:29 PM
Hi, here is my preference.
- - - - -

Urban. Row-house. Loft. Apartments.Factory
Modern. Loft. Apartments.
Normal. House.

CC free.
Ea xis Recolors.
Some Contents. Build

Residential. create a 20%
Community. create a 50%

Small lots. 1x1.1x2.1x3
Medium lots. 2x2.3x2

i never create anything bigger than this sizes above.i'm more of the small lot type a girl i love the Urban look that it give when you create them next to each other.i also prefer minimal in clutter so i don't use CC as much.
Scholar
#87 Old 6th Aug 2013 at 10:47 AM
I always like to build modern community lots xD

Sim Renders
www.ansettanimation.com

Ansett Animation Studios is a subsidiary of RomerJon17 Productions © 2019 - 2020
Alchemist
#88 Old 1st Mar 2014 at 1:41 PM
Bumping.
As for architectural styles, I love a lot of them. Especially old Victorians, Rustic, Mediterranean, Bungalows etc etc.
Building styles.. yeah. I usually get a kick and build a lot of homes with one style, and a while later I do the same with a different style.

If you remember me, I'm awesome!
#89 Old 24th Mar 2014 at 6:34 AM
When looking at others' downloads, when it's done right, Victorian, hands down. When building my own for my game, I'm not exactly sure. My lots in the last 2 months have tended towards a mix of tudor, Victorian, and Queen Anne, I think.

I do a lot of farmhouses, and (urban) condemned brick stuff.
Scholar
#90 Old 4th May 2014 at 4:56 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Johnny_Bravo
I usually get a kick and build a lot of homes with one style, and a while later I do the same with a different style.

Ya know, I think that might make a fun contest or challenge - to take finished, pre-existing lots, and change them over (with the original creators' permissions).

Modern to Victorian, Tudor to Mid-century, Spanish Revival to Queen Anne, vice-versa and etc...

Or...the challenge could be to offer up two different styles of one lot (keeping the floor plan exactly the same).

The more I think on your idea, the more I like it.
Lab Assistant
#91 Old 18th Nov 2014 at 7:48 AM
I love historical types of architecture - Victorian, Gothic, Baroque etc....
Mad Poster
#92 Old 4th Aug 2015 at 6:21 AM Last edited by gazania : 6th Aug 2015 at 6:22 PM.
Bump again?

50s - 70s retro. The good, the bad and the .... what the?

The floor plans are fairly easy to understand and there are enough basic houses that a beginner can tackle, yet are not boring. Someone beyond the beginner level can also find challenges in certain styles.The houses are expandable, adaptable (no need to move the family out if you have a 3 x 3 lot), and usually can accommodate medium-sized families. Oh ... and many are one-story, and many plans of the time don't include lots of landscaping. Admittedly, I can be sparse on landscaping ... I need to work more on that.

If i use this inspiration, I imagine a modern Sim family who moved into one of these houses and decided to upgrade it, yet still keep some of its charm. I do not make my retros 100% authentic, and purposely so. I am not fond of the idea of downloading 100mB of CC because I want a fifties house or two.

Some examples: https://www.flickr.com/photos/42353...57622229110201/

These are the types of houses I grew up with in my neighborhood. Yes, I am a little nostalgic. By the way, bozlove, if you're still around ... I do like your retro (or mid-century modern) houses here. (I believe that mid-century modern is the more precise name for this.)

Other inspirations are the "other" styles ... shipping-container, converted commercial buildings, cabins. I also like modern houses I find simple (because really, I can't do very complicated styles) but unusual.

Thanks to ALL free-site creators, admins and mods.

RIP Sunni ... truly a ray of light.

Page 4 of 4