Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Quick Reply
Search this Thread
Mad Poster
#19201 Old 24th May 2019 at 12:23 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Phantomknight
Switching universities in the same hood should be ok--both are part of the same main hood, after all.

I've done that a few times and was disappointed that the game treats them all as the same university. YA's will spawn on all Uni hoods equally as though all the lots belonged to the same campus. That's why I was delighted to find Simler90's "Lot Visit Mod", which makes YA's that are assigned to a dorm or other residence mostly stick to their own campus. The VC can handle playable YAs by banning "nonlocals", but Simler90's mod will also filter dormies that are assigned a dorm room.
Advertisement
Mad Poster
#19202 Old 24th May 2019 at 7:35 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Orilon
Is it possible to change the rate of learning of Bon Voyage skills? or does that fall into no one know if that can be modded territory? (What I mean is based on if the Sim has the Adventurous trait object in their inventory, is it possible to make a mod that would let them learn Bon Voyage skills faster like the greetings, the massages and so on. My thinking is that if a Sim is Adventurous they are more willing to learn new skills in when they are on vacation. ) I don't know anything about modding so I have no idea if its possible and no idea where to ask.

=
There is a "book of talents" that lets you instantly learn not only Bon Voyage things you mention, but other stuff too! Don't know where I got it.

Stand up, speak out. Just not to me..
Mad Poster
#19203 Old 24th May 2019 at 8:10 PM
Top Secret Researcher
#19204 Old 25th May 2019 at 1:22 AM
Quote: Originally posted by grammapat
A list of challenges that are quick (not more than 1 generation), maybe even funny/quirky?

@grammapat

One that I did myself: Hexagonal's Study or Die Challenge at University. https://hexagonal-bipyramid.tumblr.com/StudyOrDie

for info on changing the Mac Open File Limit check out my post here http://www.insimenator.org/index.ph...html#msg1628939
Curiosity killed the cat,
but satisfaction brought it back.
Mad Poster
#19205 Old 25th May 2019 at 3:26 AM
Quote: Originally posted by lordtyger9
@grammapat

One that I did myself: Hexagonal's Study or Die Challenge at University. https://hexagonal-bipyramid.tumblr.com/StudyOrDie

----------
A few questions: I expected a lot to download, because you said "the lot value has been greatly diminished"; but there isn't.
I didn't know that if you said goodby to a guest, active ghosts would "go away"; but they would just go back to their urns, and then just respawn..??
It's the MODS that make it a challenge: "Ghost Hack" by cyjon (tweaked to make them even more deadly), and a hack that makes it possible for uni non-playables to die.

Mad Poster
#19206 Old 25th May 2019 at 5:02 AM
I just started the Study or Die Challenge https://hexagonal-bipyramid.tumblr.com/SOD-Rules It will be interesting to see how many survive to get their diploma.

I downloaded the Landgraab house http://modthesims.info/download.php?t=563847 and am using it with four Sims (I intend more to follow the spirit than every single rule.)
Mad Poster
#19207 Old 25th May 2019 at 6:06 AM
Quote: Originally posted by Orilon
I downloaded the Landgraab house http://modthesims.info/download.php?t=563847 and am using it with four Sims (I intend more to follow the spirit than every single rule.)

I'd watch out for the spirit lol.
Mad Poster
#19208 Old 25th May 2019 at 1:19 PM Last edited by Orilon : 25th May 2019 at 2:36 PM.
That's a good one, thanks for the laugh Charity. Bella hasn't come out of her urn yet, but time will tell. (I made a YA Sim named Bella Morte and had her die of disease then moved the other four in.)

Edit to Add: Well, she already killed one Sim the first night she came out. Bella just would not leave Amber alone and scared just her ignoring everyone else in the house. 1 dead three to go.
Inventor
#19209 Old 25th May 2019 at 3:00 PM Last edited by Sketching : 25th May 2019 at 3:15 PM. Reason: spelling
I've always wanted to try that challenge myself, but I have my hands full with my apocalypse and medieval-fantasy hoods. I'm actually using HB's Ghost Hack for the apocalypse challenge though, and well, the ghosts have been the most dangerous threat so far. I also plopped it in for my Hogwarts dorms, and yeah, those house ghosts are ferocious.

Two questions, one kind of stupid, the other kind of random.
  1. One of my born in-game Apocalypse Challenge kids rolled a fear of himself dying after contracting a serious illness. Can this fear even be fulfilled? It makes perfect sense story-wise, but I'm just wondering if anything would've actually happened to him, other than death of course, if it had come to pass?
  2. For those who use the Castaway drums, there's an option to perform on them. Is it just me or is it intended that they don't actually perform for tips the same way other instruments do?
Mad Poster
#19210 Old 25th May 2019 at 3:06 PM
@grammapat

Would be fun to mix that up with Quadington University (where staff and dormies are zombies)! Adding in the mods from these challenges that allow dormie death, spontaneous brain eating (doesn't kill, but turns them to zombie), ghosts kill, "real sickness", maybe throw in a really dangerous fire mod, a few plague wells on community lots.. Ah, those frantic, funny, horrible college years. I never thought I would get out alive.

I've been playing Sedona with the other challenge, now going to add Quadington U so my favorite smart teens can escape to college. hahahahah

Scholar
#19211 Old 25th May 2019 at 4:54 PM
My Servo owns a Robot Shop. What exactly does "Pass Along..." do? My Servo has the option to Pass Along Connections Rewards. Does he keep or lose the rewards after passing along the rewards?
Theorist
#19212 Old 25th May 2019 at 6:36 PM
Pass along basically is passing along that Sim's knowledge to someone else, like teaching them what they know, I suppose it would be accurate to say it's kind of like encouraging another Sim. They won't lose that knowledge, will just share it with others. If you ever do that and you find it takes a ridiculously long time there are mods that will shorten the teaching length.
Alchemist
#19213 Old 26th May 2019 at 1:04 AM
I don't get when the eyes that are on the face texture of a custom default skin work. Like... I have an alien default skin that I edited, and that works fine, but I also edited the eye that's there in the corner of the face texture. I thought if there was no custom eye, maybe that would be the default, but it's not. Instead, the black Maxis alien eye shows on the sim. When would that eye on the face texture ever show?
Mad Poster
#19214 Old 26th May 2019 at 1:06 AM
Tonight's stupid question: Does anyone remember which Downtown venues have karaoke machines? Because, with a real life house move coming up, I don't think I've got time to take my Sims on a downtown pub crawl, looking for a bar with a karaoke machine. I think I've got a mod that lets karaoke build charisma, and talking to yourself in the mirror is so boring. Steffi really needs some charisma to get her first promotion.

P.S. I think it might be the Lulu Lounge and Rodney's.

All Sims are beautiful -- even the ugly ones.
My Simblr ~~ My LJ
Sims' lives matter!
The Veronaville kids are alright.
Needs Coffee
retired moderator
#19215 Old 26th May 2019 at 1:45 AM
The lucky card shack has one.

"I dream of a better tomorrow, where chickens can cross the road and not be questioned about their motives." - Unknown
~Call me Jo~
Mad Poster
#19216 Old 26th May 2019 at 2:05 AM
Lucky Shack has one; F.M. has two or three; Lulu's and Rodney's do not.

You can always plan ahead and place karaoke machines in any venue you care to.

But unless you've got a mod you can't skill on community lots.

Ugly is in the heart of the beholder.
(My simblr isSim Media Res . Widespot,Widespot RFD: The Subhood, and Land Grant University are all available here. In case you care.)
Mad Poster
#19217 Old 26th May 2019 at 2:24 AM
Thanks Jo and Peni! I've got Squinge's Community Lot Skilling mod.

All Sims are beautiful -- even the ugly ones.
My Simblr ~~ My LJ
Sims' lives matter!
The Veronaville kids are alright.
Forum Resident
#19218 Old 26th May 2019 at 4:41 AM
Quote: Originally posted by Sunrader
I don't get when the eyes that are on the face texture of a custom default skin work. Like... I have an alien default skin that I edited, and that works fine, but I also edited the eye that's there in the corner of the face texture. I thought if there was no custom eye, maybe that would be the default, but it's not. Instead, the black Maxis alien eye shows on the sim. When would that eye on the face texture ever show?

The eye texture on face texture shows up if you delete the Sims' (custom) eyes, guess it's so that you won't end up with creepy eyeless Sims if you accidentally delete their eyes they use? For alien eye defaults, I usually just grab some existing default of it and swap the texture. I'm not exactly sure how the alien default eyes work since they're not like the normal eye defaults but using existing default and editing that is the easiest way to make those.
Lab Assistant
#19219 Old 26th May 2019 at 5:40 AM
Is there an official limit to how many subhoods a neighborhood can have? After adding 20 subhoods and 6 downtowns my game stopped loading and crashed until I got rid of it. Didn't even get the chance to load the hood.
Mad Poster
#19220 Old 26th May 2019 at 1:16 PM
Not that we are aware of, but your computer may have reached the limit of what it could handle.

Ugly is in the heart of the beholder.
(My simblr isSim Media Res . Widespot,Widespot RFD: The Subhood, and Land Grant University are all available here. In case you care.)
Scholar
#19221 Old 26th May 2019 at 6:24 PM
Titania Summerdream has the Want to adopt a child. I want to follow their "traditional" appearances (as best as I can), so I was wondering if I can perform Sim Surgery on an adopted toddler to look like the Summerdreams? I'll be making it genetic using Christianlov's CPackEditor. Just checking to make sure this is OK to do first before I attempt it.
Top Secret Researcher
#19222 Old 26th May 2019 at 8:36 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Fyren5
Titania Summerdream has the Want to adopt a child. I want to follow their "traditional" appearances (as best as I can), so I was wondering if I can perform Sim Surgery on an adopted toddler to look like the Summerdreams? I'll be making it genetic using Christianlov's CPackEditor. Just checking to make sure this is OK to do first before I attempt it.

#Fyren5

I would create exactly the sim toddler or child that you want to have Titania Adopt in CAS and then place the child some place temporarily and then put that Sim up for Adoption, using say The Sim Blender or anything else that will do it that you like. Once the child is in the Adoption Pool and when Titania calls for an Adoption just make sure to choose the age group that you made the sim in either Toddler or Child. Works fine for me and I have done it lots of times so far, has worked every time for me.

for info on changing the Mac Open File Limit check out my post here http://www.insimenator.org/index.ph...html#msg1628939
Curiosity killed the cat,
but satisfaction brought it back.
Alchemist
#19223 Old 26th May 2019 at 9:07 PM

I did this recently a couple of times. I made the kid in CAS with look-alikes of the parents, then put it in a "family" with an adult Sim who moved in and out again leaving it with the right family. The adult sim then became a townie.

Quote: Originally posted by foxmanic
The eye texture on face texture shows up if you delete the Sims' (custom) eyes....

Thanks!
Scholar
#19224 Old 27th May 2019 at 12:48 AM
#Fyren5

I would create exactly the sim toddler or child that you want to have Titania Adopt in CAS and then place the child some place temporarily and then put that Sim up for Adoption, using say The Sim Blender or anything else that will do it that you like. Once the child is in the Adoption Pool and when Titania calls for an Adoption just make sure to choose the age group that you made the sim in either Toddler or Child. Works fine for me and I have done it lots of times so far, has worked every time for me.

Quote: Originally posted by Sunrader
I did this recently a couple of times. I made the kid in CAS with look-alikes of the parents, then put it in a "family" with an adult Sim who moved in and out again leaving it with the right family. The adult sim then became a townie.

Thanks both. Do I moved the adult Sim with the toddler into the Summerdream house or into another house? If so, once I put the toddler up for adoption and make the last sim which is the adult into a townie, what happens? Don't you have to have the toddler be the child of the adult for the CAS to accept the family (if that made sense)?
Alchemist
#19225 Old 27th May 2019 at 12:51 AM
Thanks both. Do I moved the adult Sim with the toddler into the Summerdream house or into another house? If so, once I put the toddler up for adoption and make the last sim which is the adult into a townie, what happens? Don't you have to have the toddler be the child of the adult for the CAS to accept the family (if that made sense)?

I didn't "adopt" mine. I just merged the adult in (yes, with the Summerdream) and then had her move out again, leaving behind the baby. I could pretend she's a social worker or something.

Btw, it's also ridiculously easy to kidnap babies the same way. Move in and move out taking them with you. Yikes, right?! But, useful.
Page 769 of 1347