Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Quick Reply
Search this Thread
Mad Poster
#401 Old 23rd Jun 2014 at 3:26 PM
*No necro-ing intended*

So, I was back looking through the list of NPCs and remembered the Hotel cleaning lady or maid or whatever you call them. I've summoned her to a lot with an active sim, when I tried to interact with her, she had the same interaction options as with a maid, so, I'm guessing we could add them to the 'Safe NPCs' list? Oh! And she does have a full name. I made her selectable and she had the CAS sims wants as well. She didn't have a "Went to college" memory though. Just wanted to be extra sure.
Advertisement
Mad Poster
#402 Old 24th Jun 2014 at 3:13 AM
Well, if you end up working as a maid you probably didn't go through college lol.
Mad Poster
#403 Old 24th Jun 2014 at 3:29 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Charity
Well, if you end up working as a maid you probably didn't go through college lol.

Okay... But even the BG maids have memories of going to college. But since you can interact with her like a BG maid, I added her to list of Safe NPCs.
Scholar
#404 Old 28th Jun 2014 at 5:14 AM
I'm iffy on the gypsy...I just had a sim roll a want to vampirize her, well it's my throw-away hood, so why not. Then I got thinking, why not make her playable? So I used the blender pie menu "move in". Then I got a bit gittery about it, turned her into a townie. Now she keeps walking off lot, then coming right back. Do I exit without saving? Have I screwed BellaDonna cove up more? Again it's a throw-away...ach what the hell, I'll save then exit, see what happens. She's not a universal. Prolly need to do a reinstall anyways & I'm just enough into my cups to not get my knickers twisted.
If anyone has better knowledge or experience with a gypsy to give my kester a kick (ie: gypsy + playable = dumbassery) please pipe in :D
Undead Molten Llama
#405 Old 28th Jun 2014 at 5:45 AM

Not necessarily! We've got people with post-graduate degrees who work menial part-time jobs at the ski resort here, in housekeeping or driving shuttle buses from the airport or waiting tables or what-have-you. Why? Because free season passes, that's why. Plus, going to college in no way guarantees you a good job -- or ANY job -- anymore. An undergraduate degree is the new high school diploma. Everyone's got one, so having one doesn't make you special anymore.

Anyway, regarding the gypsy: I would think she's just like the other special NPCs, in that it's safe to make her playable but she'll still retain some of her characteristics. I've never made one playable, myself, but I did recently make a cow mascot playable. Right after doing so, she did the walk-off-lot-come-right-back thing, too. Over and over again. But, once I saved, exited to the neighborhood, and then re-entered the lot, she behaved like any other playable. (Well, aside from attacking cheerleaders, which is hilarious.) So, I suspect the same might be true for your made-playable gypsy.

I'm mostly found on (and mostly upload to) Tumblr these days because, alas, there are only 24 hours in a day.
Muh Simblr! | An index of my downloads on Tumblr.
Mad Poster
#406 Old 28th Jun 2014 at 10:49 AM
I thought that the gypsy was one of the untouchable NPCs like Mrs Crumplebottom.
Needs Coffee
retired moderator
#407 Old 28th Jun 2014 at 10:51 AM
I wouldn't touch the gypsy. Not sure if she is a universal or not, but since when you click on her, you get only certain options I'd say unsafe.

"I dream of a better tomorrow, where chickens can cross the road and not be questioned about their motives." - Unknown
~Call me Jo~
Undead Molten Llama
#408 Old 28th Jun 2014 at 12:29 PM Last edited by iCad : 28th Jun 2014 at 12:43 PM.
I thought that the gypsy was one of the untouchable NPCs like Mrs Crumplebottom.

Gypsies aren't object characters, no.They're service NPCs like the grand vamps, nannies, gardeners, high witches, delivery people, uni mascots/cheerleaders/streakers, etc., in that they have limited/special actions/interactions when NPCs but if made playable they're fully playable, albeit some keep their special behaviors (Like, streakers run around naked, mascots wear their outfits when they're on community lots, ex-grand vamps will still autonomously bite people, etc.) The game will generate new ones to replace any made playable. I've never made a gypsy playable, myself, but I've made many other special NPCs playable, and my neighborhoods don't generally suffer from corruption.

I'm mostly found on (and mostly upload to) Tumblr these days because, alas, there are only 24 hours in a day.
Muh Simblr! | An index of my downloads on Tumblr.
Top Secret Researcher
#409 Old 31st Jul 2014 at 12:37 AM
1 College Professor, 1 Host, 1 Barman and 1 DJ have been moved to my Sims' houses and everything seems to work fine so far ... "so far" means during the last 9 months. The ex-host, barman and DJ have the bad habit of entering other Sims' houses uninvited. Boo for bad manners.

However, the real problem is with the (ex-) College Professor: every time he is being invited out he comes in his College outfit, although he is on the Education career now, and soon to become Education Minister. It is not funny anymore, and annoys me greatly.
Is there any way to make him stop, perhaps by editing his BHAV in SimPE? Or, maybe there is a mod/hack for it?

Many thanks for any ideas.
Needs Coffee
retired moderator
#410 Old 31st Jul 2014 at 12:43 AM
Some NPC's made playable retain certain coding, like as iCAD said the streaker if married in will still streak now and then. So the ex Proff wearing his old clothes is from him being a special NPC. It may be possible to edit out in simpe, but I'm not sure as I have never tried.

"I dream of a better tomorrow, where chickens can cross the road and not be questioned about their motives." - Unknown
~Call me Jo~
Top Secret Researcher
#411 Old 31st Jul 2014 at 1:55 AM
Thanks for the reply, Jo.
If I don't find a tutorial I'm going to extract the BHAV and BCON from a regular Sim and import it for said Professor, and see what happens. I have tons of backups, so I don't worry for my game going BOOM!
Needs Coffee
retired moderator
#412 Old 31st Jul 2014 at 3:17 AM
Hey if you figure it out maybe you can write a tutorial. When I did a hood rebuild I could not figure how to give my married in streaker back her streaker coding.

~Call me Jo~
Scholar
#413 Old 31st Jul 2014 at 10:47 AM
There's a link on my sig (Who can bork my game) to the wikia which mentions stuff like streakers still streaking and nannies still going mental.
Doesn't say anything on ironing it out though.

The drop off has been made. You've been warned.
Top Secret Researcher
#414 Old 31st Jul 2014 at 3:26 PM
You can use the "Clear NPC state" option on Cyjon's Debugger, which is useful for playable NPCs that you've moved in. It clears their NPC flag so the game no longer views them as an NPC, which should stop them from doing their hard-coded NPC actions. It's worth trying, though I haven't tested it out myself.
Top Secret Researcher
#415 Old 31st Jul 2014 at 7:24 PM
Quote: Originally posted by joandsarah77
Hey if you figure it out maybe you can write a tutorial. When I did a hood rebuild I could not figure how to give my married in streaker back her streaker coding.

A hole in the water was all I did the last two days.
I deleted his old BHAV and BCON, and imported BHAV & CON that I had extracted from one of my Sims; from SDSC (Sim Description) Other -> Misc I changed NPC Type from 0x0018 (which is the value for all Professors) to 0x0000 <- value for regular Sims. I went back in game, click on his dresser and there was still the freaking option for him to change into... "Special". Maybe there are some other values in Character file ->STR# that need editing, but I haven't the faintest idea which ones to look for.

@ k6ka
Many thanks for the suggestion. I've downloaded it and will give it a try later this evening.
Scholar
#416 Old 31st Jul 2014 at 8:06 PM
If you don't have the debugger from Cyjon, the Drama professor will continue to be flirty, so make sure you know who you're picking if you want to make them a playable .

Alchemist
#417 Old 31st Jul 2014 at 8:30 PM
My sim married a gardener once.
Top Secret Researcher
#418 Old 31st Jul 2014 at 9:15 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Kankritty
If you don't have the debugger from Cyjon, the Drama professor will continue to be flirty, so make sure you know who you're picking if you want to make them a playable .

Actually, it wasn't the Drama, but the Literature Professor - all done while attempting to create a Sim version of a couple from Junjo Romantica.

Quote: Originally posted by ZenGarden

One of my Sims is married to a Nature instructor. No problem there, except the guy proved to be a better parent than her.
Top Secret Researcher
#419 Old 1st Aug 2014 at 3:32 AM
Quote: Originally posted by ZenGarden

I guess impressing the Garden Club should be easier now, right?
Test Subject
#420 Old 11th Aug 2014 at 7:46 PM
Quote: Originally posted by k6ka
I guess impressing the Garden Club should be easier now, right?

Speaking of the Garden Club, I didn't see anything about the members being safe or unsafe (or I missed it). I inadvertently moved one of them in with one of my sims and things have been crazy ever since. I'm wondering if she was safe to marry. The game has been crashing for seemingly no reason (no new downloads, she is the only difference), it was a test hood with only a handful of lots and no other sims and I have the anti-redundancy hacks installed. I figure it is either her or the issue I was having with my display driver crashing, though that has been fixed now (haven't had a chance to test it yet.) Any thoughts would be helpful. Thanks.
Mad Poster
#421 Old 11th Aug 2014 at 8:37 PM
Garden club members are fine. They have names and can be interacted with normally without cheats. Something else is crashing your game. There is a FAQ for that, if the display driver didn't fix it.

Ugly is in the heart of the beholder.
(My simblr isSim Media Res . Widespot,Widespot RFD: The Subhood, and Land Grant University are all available here. In case you care.)
Test Subject
#422 Old 19th Aug 2014 at 3:20 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Peni Griffin
Garden club members are fine. They have names and can be interacted with normally without cheats. Something else is crashing your game. There is a FAQ for that, if the display driver didn't fix it.

Thank you.
Lab Assistant
#423 Old 28th Dec 2015 at 9:26 PM
Sorry for necroing the thread, but has anyone actually successfully moved a hotel maid in? Without using hacked teleporters, I can only talk to, flirt, and hang out with them while on the same lot, but I can't call them (Paladin's NPC phonebook fix isn't helping); when I summon them to a residential lot with a teleporter, they still have the limited interaction menu, and when made controllable, they have no TOs. They get turn ons and normal interactions when moved into the family with hacks, but if it's not possible without the use of those, I'm kinda iffy on whether they're really fine. Safe or nay?
Scholar
#424 Old 28th Dec 2015 at 9:31 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Queen of France
Sorry for necroing the thread, but has anyone actually successfully moved a hotel maid in? Without using hacked teleporters, I can only talk to, flirt, and hang out with them while on the same lot, but I can't call them (Paladin's NPC phonebook fix isn't helping); when I summon them to a residential lot with a teleporter, they still have the limited interaction menu, and when made controllable, they have no TOs. They get turn ons and normal interactions when moved into the family with hacks, but if it's not possible without the use of those, I'm kinda iffy on whether they're really fine. Safe or nay?

My rule of thumb is that if you have to cheat or hack to get it selectable/married, then it's a nay

Mad Poster
#425 Old 28th Dec 2015 at 11:17 PM
Never cheat them in! If they can't move in normally there's generally an excellent reason.

Ugly is in the heart of the beholder.
(My simblr isSim Media Res . Widespot,Widespot RFD: The Subhood, and Land Grant University are all available here. In case you care.)
Page 17 of 18