Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Quick Reply
Search this Thread
Test Subject
Original Poster
#1 Old 22nd Apr 2014 at 6:04 PM
Default Sims 3 Violin?
Hi! Before I say anything, I'd like to mention I'm brand new so if I've messed up here at all, forgive me.

I really desperately want a playable violin for my game but the only place I can seemingly get one is at the store. When you register with the Sims store, I understand you get 1,000 free point but I may have accidently spent all but 108 of those and the violin costs 500. You can get them from the exchange but my game won't except anything from the exchange, saying I need to have the "premium content" which I've discovered means I need to buy it from the store. I've looked on here for a violin that someone may have made for the Sims 3 but nobody seems to have one. There are a few for the Sims 2 but none for 3. I don't suppose anybody knows where I could get one for free from because no way am I paying $10.00 for 1,000 more simpoints.

Cheers everybody.
Advertisement
Alchemist
#2 Old 22nd Apr 2014 at 6:30 PM
No one made a custom violin for The Sims 3 because it's a Premium Content, and creating a copy of the violin as a custom content is illegal. I'm sorry for your SimPoint loss, but if you don't want to pay, you won't get anything. In The Sims 3 Store, you get what you pay for (and it will possibly be applied for The Sims 4 too )

I'm just explaining to you here that you won't find a custom-made violin anywhere. Well okay, there might be a 100% custom violin that's independently made not based on the Premium Content, but if you're looking for the official Premium Content, no one can help you here. I'm just saying it nicely.

Just call me Nikel
Field Researcher
#3 Old 22nd Apr 2014 at 6:58 PM
Do you need it so Sherlock can have a violin?

A couple things, if you can be patient. Last weekend everything in the store was 33% off. It's highly probable that there will be another sale like that in the future, due to Sims3 winding down. When will the next sale be? Who knows.

In the meantime, you might look out for the free simpoint ads in the store. I've been watching them on and off since November and have never had to pay any real money for anything I purchased in the store thanks to those ads. You'll have to undo any adblockers on your browser to see them, though. Before April I was earning anywhere from 50-100 points a day. Then they disappeared altogether until a few days ago when I decided to try a different browser. I'm only earning about 10-20 points a day now in Chrome, but it's better than nothing.
Test Subject
Original Poster
#4 Old 22nd Apr 2014 at 11:20 PM
I want a violin because I play violin myself but very observant of you there

I'll definitely try to check out those ads if I can get free simpoints. Sounds fab. Thanks so much!
Test Subject
Original Poster
#5 Old 24th Apr 2014 at 9:46 PM
Me again, hi.

Well I opened the launcher and there was the ad! I clicked on it and it took me to the website where I found... nothing. I don't know what's wrong with it. I tried it with both chrome and internet explorer and there's nothing there. I know I'm looking in the right place, above the "Make me an offer" button. I checked if I had an adblocker and I can't seem to see any signs that I have one so it's not that. My account is set to US even though I'm from the UK. I can't see what I'm doing wrong...
One Minute Ninja'd
#6 Old 24th Apr 2014 at 10:33 PM
Quote: Originally posted by sherlockviolin
Me again, hi.

Well I opened the launcher and there was the ad! I clicked on it and it took me to the website where I found... nothing. I don't know what's wrong with it. I tried it with both chrome and internet explorer and there's nothing there. I know I'm looking in the right place, above the "Make me an offer" button. I checked if I had an adblocker and I can't seem to see any signs that I have one so it's not that. My account is set to US even though I'm from the UK. I can't see what I'm doing wrong...

Maybe they can tell from your IP address you're coming in from the U.K. even though you're logging in as though in the U.S., and the ads are not available for non U.S. users?
Field Researcher
#7 Old 24th Apr 2014 at 10:40 PM
Quote: Originally posted by sherlockviolin
Me again, hi.

Hmm. I've never seen one in the launcher so maybe someone else can say more about how exactly that works...

When it took you to the website were you already logged in or did it prompt you to log in? Sometimes Chrome kicks me out and I don't realize it. I see the ad, I click on it, it tells me to log in. I grumble (and log in) but the ad is gone. Boo.

Sorry it's still not working for you.

edited to add:

Quote: Originally posted by eskie227
Maybe they can tell from your IP address you're coming in from the U.K. even though you're logging in as though in the U.S., and the ads are not available for non U.S. users?

It is worldwide now. I'm in the U.S. and after it went worldwide I suddenly stopped seeing them until last week when I switched over to Chrome. Dunno why. EA is weird.
Scholar
#8 Old 24th Apr 2014 at 10:45 PM
I almost never use the violin ingame. It works so weird. The sims only gain skill points after they're done with it. So if they play long enough they main gain a lot of points at once. Typical weird store stuff.
Alchemist
#9 Old 25th Apr 2014 at 2:52 AM
Quote: Originally posted by juansfalcin
I almost never use the violin ingame. It works so weird. The sims only gain skill points after they're done with it. So if they play long enough they main gain a lot of points at once. Typical weird store stuff.

It's one of the limitation of the Store stuff. They cannot let you gain Store skills while using the items, but rather, after using the items. All Store skills do. :/

Just call me Nikel
Field Researcher
#10 Old 21st Mar 2015 at 8:37 PM
Quote: Originally posted by PeaceKazah
Try this
it includes all premium content

I don't think you should link to that....

Vivi e lascia vivere.
My blog Simplex Sims for more elder and teen CC.