Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Instructor
Original Poster
#1 Old 27th Jul 2016 at 6:11 PM

This user has the following games installed:

Sims 2, University, Nightlife, Open for Business, Pets, Seasons, Bon Voyage, Free Time, Apartment Life
Default Alien baby not green
My sim has now had two alien babies and neither of them had the alien skin or the alien eyes. The father(mother?) is an S3-skin tone with brown eyes, both babies had S4-skin, one with dark blue eyes and one with brown. I have default skins and eyes and a multi-PT hack. The PTs have alien skin and eyes in the family tree and the babies have inherited their facial features, just not the genetics. I tried pulling my defaults out of my downloads folder before he had the second baby, but that didn't do anything. Has anyone experienced anything like this?
Advertisement
Top Secret Researcher
#2 Old 27th Jul 2016 at 8:44 PM
If I remember right, alien-born babies don't always inherit alien genes.

I don't think it's a problem.

Not-so-daily TS2 downloads @ my simblr.
Mad Poster
#3 Old 28th Jul 2016 at 9:28 AM
Are these alien skin and eyes binned correctly? In general I agree with Siletka.
Mad Poster
#4 Old 28th Jul 2016 at 3:02 PM
You don't by any chance have geneticized skins in your game? Those can pop up randomly.

Like said above, alien babies aren't always born with alien genetics. I've had several babies born with a mix of genetics, and with alien faces but without the alien skin and eyes, even without a multi-PT mod. But it is a bit strange that they're getting the S4 skin, unless it's a random geneticzed skin.
Mad Poster
#5 Old 28th Jul 2016 at 3:17 PM
As I understand it, if the skins are geneticized they're on a numeric scale. If the alien skin is also geneticized, then it's on the scale, and anything that comes between the alien skin and the parent's skin on that scale is possible in the baby. The weirdness comes in when you have skins that have been geneticized in odd ways (like bright color skins in which blue is 1.1, green is 2.1, and yellow is 3.4, so that breeding S1 and S4 has as good a chance of popping out a blue, green, or yellow-skinned baby as a maxis-skinned one) and when you mix skin sets that aren't scaled the same way, so that lighter Set 1 skins pop up when two darker Set 2 skins are bred.

Normally, alien skins aren't geneticized, which is why they tend to trump other skintones in alien births - non-geneticized skins are dominant. In that case, if the parent has a non-geneticized skin, it is also dominant, and it's a coin flip which you get. So if your default skins were non-geneticized, about half your alien babies wouldn't be green.

Ugly is in the heart of the beholder.
(My simblr isSim Media Res . Widespot,Widespot RFD: The Subhood, and Land Grant University are all available here. In case you care.)
Instructor
Original Poster
#6 Old 30th Jul 2016 at 9:47 AM
I might just be genetics then. I don't think I've tried it before, and then it happened to two babies in a row. I'll see if it keeps happening (I really want green alien babies) and maybe check out how the skins and eyes are genetized.

Thank you for your input guys :D