Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Quick Reply
Search this Thread
Instructor
Original Poster
#1 Old 11th Jul 2016 at 5:23 AM Last edited by broomhilda61 : 25th Jul 2016 at 7:00 AM.
{SOLVED}Bodyshop and CAS CC is not showing but all other CC is
I have looked and looked have found some posts but not quit understanding what I need to do..I have the Sims2 Ultimate Collection and up until recently everything has worked but now I can't get anything CC in Bodyshop or CAS..

I messed up my game recently and some help from EA/Origin fixed some of it..and found a few posts on here for other problems even did the repair game in the Origin Client..

But still can't get any CC in the Bodyshop or CAS..

I read all the Ultimate Collection FAQs and not really understanding everything..

So I was wondering if anyone can help me in simple words and maybe pictures please..

I'm not even sure where to put this..sorry if it's in the wrong spot..

Thank you all for your help in advance.. :D
Advertisement
The Great AntiJen
retired moderator
#2 Old 11th Jul 2016 at 12:26 PM
Well, to start with, what are you doing with the files? Where are you putting them and in what sort of arrangement? Are you sub-foldering? Have you extracted the files?

Sorry these are basic questions but it's worth making sure you are doing the 'right' thing first.

I no longer come over to MTS very often but if you would like to ask me a question then you can find me on tumblr or my own site tflc. TFLC has an archive of all my CC downloads.
I'm here on tumblr and my site, tflc
Instructor
Original Poster
#3 Old 11th Jul 2016 at 9:53 PM
Quote: Originally posted by maxon
Well, to start with, what are you doing with the files? Where are you putting them and in what sort of arrangement? Are you sub-foldering? Have you extracted the files?

Sorry these are basic questions but it's worth making sure you are doing the 'right' thing first.

It's ok..maxon..

I am doing the same thing that I have been doing for years..extracting and putting them in the Downloads folder..and also in sub folders..nothing different than before..but recently I have been trying out the Stealth Hoods and I did mess up there..but I have that all fixed..but the bodyshop and CAS CC isn't showing up..but all the other CC in build and buy mode are there..also have done some new downloading of houses..I normally don't download a house or lot..I tend to want to take it apart and put it back together lol..but I feel that the person that made it worked to hard for me to take it apart and put it back together..so I don't usually download them..but this was an old house renovation on another site so downloaded the house..I just didn't know how to do it..finally got that worked out..but still no bodyshop or CAS CC..

I have been recently questioning everything I do with the downloads..not sure what to do..

Thank you maxon for your help
Undead Molten Llama
#4 Old 11th Jul 2016 at 10:19 PM
What kind of Bodyshop things are we talking about here? Hair? Clothes? Accessories? If those, are you certain that you downloaded any required meshes? Nothing will show in Bodyshop/CAS if you have texture files but are missing meshes. Or, for hair, are you certain that you have texture files for the meshes? For clothes, are you certain that you didn't download repositoried things without having the master? (For instance, some clothing creators make clothing that works across multiple ages, but all of the textures for the set are part of just one age group. Works the same way as repositoried build/buy objects. If you have one of the slaved age groups without the master age group, it won't work.)

I'm mostly found on (and mostly upload to) Tumblr these days because, alas, there are only 24 hours in a day.
Muh Simblr! | An index of my downloads on Tumblr.
Field Researcher
#5 Old 11th Jul 2016 at 11:53 PM
Since you have subfolders, could you have made them too deep? The game only recognizes up to a certain file length. The UC seems particularly picky about it too - I have issues with a certain creators recolors because of file length. I usually have to remove some of the file name and move files around to get them to work.
Alchemist
#6 Old 12th Jul 2016 at 12:32 AM
might also check if the custom content is visible in any of the custom content programs; main site's Content Manager, Clean Installer , this site's Download Organizer, etc.
Instructor
Original Poster
#7 Old 12th Jul 2016 at 1:04 AM Last edited by broomhilda61 : 12th Jul 2016 at 1:59 AM.
Everything everyone has said so far I have done and I thank you for your help..

I pretty much use the same hair, clothes, makeup, eyes, skintones, ears all that anything and everything related to Bodyshop and CAS..nothing different..I pretty much stick to the same things and when I do a factory restore on the computer sometimes I forget to take out the downloads and then have to start over..boy what an idiot lol..but ever since Ultimate Collection I have noticed a few things different each time I redownload it..I can't really explain it..little things..and oh ya..was going through the Q&A for Ultimate Collection and (x86) is not there.. me as well as an EA/Origin employee couldn't find it..not sure about that or what that is for..another thing I noticed when I first got the Ultimate Collection and got it downloaded about the Sims2 Ultimate Collection I also had The Sim2..and when I clicked on either one of them I had almost the same files..but since the first uninstall that The Sims2 folder has disappeared..little things like that..I don't know..how to explain it all..

I never really paid much attention to all the files in the past had no reason to until this all happened..

Oh ya in the past I had problems with CC not showing up in CAS or Bodyshop and I did something but can't remember what I did? Sorry I am a bit veg on things but like I said I really can't explain it..or how..

I figure someone will say something that I haven't already done and then it will all work lol

Or maybe give me a step by step simple explanation with pictures on things I can do to try and fix this

Thank you mdsb759, WildIrishBanshee, and iCad for your help..

EDITED:

The way I was taught to download was click the download save, right click and extract, in the downloads right click that and save to the Downloads folder to whichever subfolder it belongs to..it's easier to do than to explain sorry

Ok I went back and used the Sims2Pack Clean Installer..I have used it many times but I don't really understand it but use it anyway..not sure what I am looking for when I use it..

Now, there are some things that are in Red and Pink..I have also in the past gone and found those items to see what I am missing but didn't find anything in the post for downloading..

I have a few things in Red now and am about to go back to each place with the download and make sure I have everything I need..I always read before I download to make sure I can use it..
Instructor
Original Poster
#8 Old 14th Jul 2016 at 9:02 PM
I have been busy getting this game and my computer back to normal..if that is even possible...

I have done 2 more factory restores back to back..I'm about ready to blow up my computer doing that.. this is why you haven't heard from me much in the last few days since posting this..

Ok, got my computer back up and running, got Origin back up and running without any problems, got my Sims2 Ultimate Collection back up and running with all 6 Neighborhoods that came with the game, no problems so far..put a few downloads in the game

But am still NOT getting any Bodyshop and CAS CC showing..what in the world am I doing wrong..how in the world am I going to create my Alien and Fairy Sims without the skintones, eyes, hair, ears, and Medieval clothes I love so much..I just can't go back to plain ole skins, eyes, ears, hair, and Maxis clothes..that would drive me back to drinking lol..

If anyone has the Sims2 Ultimate Collection if you have time is there anyway anyone can help me out with the CEP..I think I have it in the right place but after reading it and having to put it in manually..I am not sure if it is in correctly..maybe I did something wrong there..can someone put a simple step by step with maybe a few pictures to see if I have it in the right place..Easter over at Cherry Blossom Sims asked me if I put CEP in the right place..

If that isn't what is causing this maybe someone has some other help tips and maybe a few pictures and step by step problem shooting..

On panic mode right about now..haven't played the game over a week now..

Thank you all for your help in advance
Field Researcher
#9 Old 14th Jul 2016 at 9:47 PM
I have the UC, but I didn't need the manual install, the regular one works just fine with mine. Not sure if Bodyshop stuff even needs CEP - pretty sure that's buy/build mode stuff mostly. I was hoping your silence meant you figured it out!

Another thought, did you transfer downloads? Sometimes they corrupt when you do that.
Alchemist
#10 Old 14th Jul 2016 at 10:04 PM
the CEP I guess is for SimPE ; more specifically for recoloring.

one thing to attempt might be to "refresh icons". the BodyShop Mechanic (a program) has a button for that. that program I think is available through the Downloads section of this site.

another possibility might be other content preventing the sims/sim-parts from being seen; not entirely sure on that.
Mad Poster
#11 Old 14th Jul 2016 at 10:19 PM
Well, the body shop stuff certainly shows up in my UC game without any problems.

I see you say you had both UC and Sims 2 on your pc at the same time? You are supposed to uninstall all Sims 2 expansion and stuff packs before downloading UC, so my guess is that is where your problems come from. Those instructions are in the pinned posts on this forum. SimPE is certainly not needed for body shop items to show up, and only needed for changing stuff in the game and recoloring furniture (and if you don't want to do that, you don't need it at all to play). So everything said about SimPE is imo totally irrelevant (and I don't use it, so while it is somewhere on my pc, it is never open).

I think that you might have to uninstall everything (back up your cc) and then redownload UC and start from scratch.

And do not use a cc or registry cleaner.
The Great AntiJen
retired moderator
#12 Old 14th Jul 2016 at 10:26 PM
CEP is for objects only. EAxis objects at that, a a sub-set of that too in that it only affects objects that originally had no recolour option. It also contains some fixes for EAxis objects.

I no longer come over to MTS very often but if you would like to ask me a question then you can find me on tumblr or my own site tflc. TFLC has an archive of all my CC downloads.
I'm here on tumblr and my site, tflc
Instructor
Original Poster
#13 Old 15th Jul 2016 at 2:36 AM Last edited by broomhilda61 : 15th Jul 2016 at 4:35 AM.
WildIrishBanshee, thank you I am glad that CEP doesn't have to be manually installed that means I can take it out and install it the regular way..I just mentioned the CEP because someone else asked me about it on another site..No I hadn't figured it out..it is saying 8pm yesterday but I put that post on this morning..and real life got in my way this afternoon and evening..it's 8 pm now here in the US..and I'm tired lol..long day and still have to wash dinner dishes and get one of my granddaughters who lives with me for the summer, ready for bed in another hour..just wanted to check and see if there was an option for me somewhere..What do you mean by transferring Downloads..don't understand that..sorry
I have started over so many times with the downloads it is unreal..right now all I am doing is just a few downloads..a few for buy,build, and Bodyshop and CAS..just enough to check and make sure they have been downloaded..

mdsb759, can you point me with a link to that "refresh icons". the BodyShop Mechanic (a program) please..I wouldn't even know where to begin with looking for it..thank you..I'm not sure what you mean by "another possibility might be other content preventing the sims/sim-parts from being seen; not entirely sure on that. "

Thank you maxon for that info..I know it effects objects for EAxis but still had to ask..

Justpetro, how would you know I have both the UC and my disks downloaded at the same time..don't assume something you don't even know..AND NO I DON'T have both sets downloaded at the same time..I'M NOT STUPID..I just have the UC..
Another thing..I have read my last post a few times now thinking where in the world did I EVER mention SimPE..not once..
Another thing, 99.999% of everyone is able to see their CC in Bodyshop and CAS..good grief of course you can see yours..your not the one having the stupid problem..did you even READ my last post..or do you just like posting to see yourself on a post..omgosh

...looks like I will be going vanilla plain ole skins, eyes, ears, hair, and Maxis clothes..that is going to hurt big time lol

Thank you maxon, mdsb759, WildIrishBanshee for all your help and advice

EDIT:

I went looking thinking I might have gotten the wrong Icon for the shortcut for the Bodyshop..didn't touch anything other than looking..and the only Bodyshop I was able to find was in Fun with Pets>SP9>CSBin and it is in there..not sure if that helps or not..
Mad Poster
#14 Old 15th Jul 2016 at 7:29 AM
[QUOTE=broomhilda61
[I]me as well as an EA/Origin employee couldn't find it..not sure about that or what that is for..another thing I noticed when I first got the Ultimate Collection and got it downloaded about the Sims2 Ultimate Collection I also had The Sim2..and when I clicked on either one of them I had almost the same files..but since the first uninstall that The Sims2 folder has disappeared..little things like that..I don't know..how to explain it all.[I]

I am sorry if I misunderstood this part; I assumed that having a Sims 2 as well as a Sims 2 UC folder meant that you might not have deleted everything - and I don't think stupid comes into it, it is a mistake that can easily be made.
About SimPE - it was mentioned in posts, and I just wanted to point out that one does not need it at all for body shop items to show up.
About CEP - as far as I know, it only affects maxi object recolors.

As for the Clean Pack Installer - if somebody else has mentioned it, I am sorry - pink items are doubles, you can delete them. Red ones are mods, so keep them in. Blue ones may say incomplete, but those are default replacements and may work even if it says incomplete.
It may also tell you if a filename is too long to read, and I know that sometimes happens, but I'd be a bit surprised if all your bodyshop items have names that are too long to read. I normally put my clothing in folders named after the creator and had to shorten some of the names along the way because it did not show up.

CC cleaners also may delete some of the files you need for the game, that is why I said don't use it.

I really hope you solve it soon.
Instructor
Original Poster
#15 Old 15th Jul 2016 at 6:18 PM Last edited by broomhilda61 : 15th Jul 2016 at 8:21 PM.
I'm sorry Justpetro..for talking to you like I did..unacceptable..and I apologize..

Thank you for your help and explaining your post a bit better..

I have someone from EA/Origin calling me this afternoon..I have been talking to someone from another country by email..but after repeating myself just to many times I had asked her to call me but since I can't except over seas calls, she is having someone from the US call me..and get this straightened out..I hope

Please except my apology Justpetro..

Thank you all that have tried to help me out..

EDIT:

I am in the process of talking with EA/Origin..the team that is helping me out, is just below the CEO..sent them some files and they are working on the problem right now..also Britton told me that I should still be able to play my disks where everyone else told me I couldn't..so will let you know what happens in a few hours when he calls me back..

I hope others read this mess so if it ever happens to them they will know what to do and not to do..

Thank you all for your help and patients with my rants and raves :D
Mad Poster
#16 Old 15th Jul 2016 at 9:05 PM
All fine, broomhilda61 I really hope you have some good news for us soon.
Instructor
Original Poster
#17 Old 16th Jul 2016 at 4:40 AM
Well since it was Friday early afternoon..Britton had said he was going to turn me over to someone that had worked with me before..boy am I going to chew him out when he gets back here Monday Morning..Britton had said that I should be able to play the Sims2 disks,, as soon as that idiot got on named Adam the first thing out of his mouth was I can't play my disks anymore..I told him end of conversation..we are done..and I hung up on him and sent an email and called Britton he had already left for the weekend..
I think if this is not fixed by the end of the day on Monday..I'm going to the CEO..one way or the other..

I even uninstalled my game a few hours ago again..and it didn't even uninstall properly..
Undead Molten Llama
#18 Old 16th Jul 2016 at 5:04 AM
I'm going to guess that you have keys lurking in your registry from previous installs/uninstalls, which could be why the CC isn't working and why the game isn't properly uninstalling. This happens sometimes. Sometimes the game leaves mess behind if you uninstall such that any future installs don't work right. This mess exits in the registry, not in files that you can see. This is why people around here get aggravated with people who uninstall the entire game just to solve a minor problem that doesn't actually require a reinstall.

There was a recent thread here that's similar: http://www.modthesims.info/showthre...5#startcomments That person couldn't get Bodyshop CC to show in a Double Deluxe install. There is a link in post #107 of that thread that might be helpful to you. However, be aware that screwing around in the registry can mess up your entire computer if you do something wrong. But it could be something you could discuss with an EA rep. Some of the other things in that thread might be helpful to you also.

I'm mostly found on (and mostly upload to) Tumblr these days because, alas, there are only 24 hours in a day.
Muh Simblr! | An index of my downloads on Tumblr.
Instructor
Original Poster
#19 Old 16th Jul 2016 at 10:18 PM
Sorry iCad for not responding sooner..around 3-4 am this morning I was in the process of posting when my stupid Electricity went off..I just went to bed was a long day with making potato salad at 1 am..then getting up and going to one of my Granddaughter's Birthday Party which she turned 9..just got home a bit ago..

I went through every single post and read and reread all of them on that link you gave me..even went and downloaded some mods that they said should help and reread more posts and more links..spent hours doing that..up till I started to post on here at 3or 4 this morning..

Anyway nothing has worked..I am about ready to go through EVERYTHING on this computer and make sure there is nothing related to Sims2 on it..then uninstall the game and then do another Factory restore then get on and go through everything again to make sure there is nothing left..then redownload the game..I don't know what else to do..I just don't understand..

Thank you iCad for your help
Alchemist
#20 Old 16th Jul 2016 at 10:36 PM
http://modthesims.info/download.php?t=231443
there is the page to download the BodyShop Mechanic. the button I was referring to actually says "Refresh Thumbnails".

my comment about other content; was thinking that some other downloads was preventing the BodyShop/Create-A-Sim content from being seen.
and like I told, was (and still am) unsure about that.
if that is possible, it would likely be a mod.
Instructor
Original Poster
#21 Old 16th Jul 2016 at 10:42 PM Last edited by broomhilda61 : 17th Jul 2016 at 3:28 AM.
I don't have very many of my CC on here..I have only one Medieval dress in my downloads just so I can go into Bodyshop and CAS to see if it is in there and I have been using that for a few years now..only have a few other CC downloaded just so I can see what is in buy, build mode in game..and very few mods..I don't even have I think like a dozen downloads altogether..I usually have several thousand lol..and like I said before I very rarely have anything new just the same things every time..

Ok just looked at that link you gave me and will be checking that out and probably download that and see what happens..

Thank you mdsb759 for your help

I have no clue as to what it said..sorry..being computer stupid is not a good thing..

I just read all the comments on that Mechanic thing and all I am really reading is about poses and lighting..I'm not a creator, mesher, or designer..just an idiot that messed my computer and my Bodyshop and CAS up..

UPDATE:
Ok downloaded that Bodyshop Mechanic and still no CC in Bodyshop or CAS..not sure what I am supposed to do with it..but have it downloaded anyway..

Next step before factory restore is take all CC out except the Bodyshop/CAS dress that I have..out..and see what comes of that..may download a few hairs and skintones..and my Elf Ears..and work with that..will let you know what happens..
Instructor
Original Poster
#22 Old 17th Jul 2016 at 10:01 PM
Ok, (1) last night I uninstalled Sims2 Ultimate Collection..went into the start menu and did a search for ANYTHING that was Sims2 related..did that..deleted everything..final search come up empty..
(2) did another factory restore..
(3) did another search came up empty..that's a good thing
(4) Got my firefox, AVG, Origin, my sites, MTS all on here
(5) Downloaded The Sims2 Ultimate Collection
(6) Went into the game everything looked good
(7) Added the Downloads folder
(8) Added a few Body Shop and CAS faces, hairs, and clothes
(9 ) Went into the game and CAS..NOT A STUPID THING
(10) Went into Body Shop..NOT A STUPID THING

I have NO mods yet downloaded..just a few Body Shop and CAS stuff..

Now I am starting to shake I'm so mad and about ready to cry..
Mad Poster
#23 Old 17th Jul 2016 at 10:27 PM
Have you tried this?
In Origin, do a "fix game". Then delete the Downloads (save the CC you want to keep first) and SavedSims folders, and the cache files. Open Bodyshop, make any recolor item, import to the game, and see if that shows up in Bodyshop and ingame. In some cases this might trigger the game to recognize CAS items. At the very least you'll discover which folder your game actually reads, and whether or not it reads the SavedSims folder. If it does, you can try to put your CAS CC in the SavedSims folder and see if that works (put meshes in Downloads).

For some bizarre reason, the newer versions of Windows make two "EA Games" with "The Sims 2" folders, where one is empty and doesn't work. It could be that your game for some reason tries to read the wrong one for the CAS content, although I doubt it's the case.
Instructor
Original Poster
#24 Old 17th Jul 2016 at 11:20 PM
I don't know how to recolor, create, mesh or any of that..I just use other awesome creators stuff..

I have a 2008 Windows Vista computer..so my computer is old lol..but up until almost 3 weeks ago was able to play with minor things wrong that I was able to fix..not this time around..

Windows is showing me I have "Origin Games" not EA Games or The Sims2 folders..

I have done the "fix game"

Thank you simmer22 for your help
Mad Poster
#25 Old 17th Jul 2016 at 11:28 PM
You don't need to make anything awesome. Just make a new project, draw something on the texture (so you recognize it), import to game, and see if it shows up. You can delete it later. It's just to see if CC items you make will show up, and to see where they show. Done correctly, a file should pop up in SavedSims and show in CAS and Bodyshop.

I have the CD version, and get the double folders, which is why mentioned it. Not sure if it happens with the Origin version (but I don't think so).

Oh, and (stupid question - but I can't see if you mentioned it, and doesn't hurt to redo) but you did enable CC, right? Tick the "show custom content in catalog" button, then restart game ans check if it shows?
Page 1 of 3