Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Theorist
Original Poster
#1 Old 25th Jul 2016 at 9:30 AM
Default How do I change ears only for an in-game sim?
So, my fay nation is thinning out. I thought to add some fay ears (elf ears) to a few more sims in the game. But how? I tried the show business reward, but you can't change ears only with it, you can only change the whole face. Any ideas?
Advertisement
Mad Poster
#2 Old 25th Jul 2016 at 11:21 AM
Field Researcher
#3 Old 25th Jul 2016 at 11:28 AM
Not sure it's possible without changing the entire face template.
Lab Assistant
#4 Old 25th Jul 2016 at 5:07 PM Last edited by beafish123 : 25th Jul 2016 at 9:43 PM.
Maybe clone the desired sim in Sim PE, alter the sim in bodyshop to how you'd like, put that sim in you game, exit the game, then use sim surgery in SimPE?

I haven't done it but I'd think it would work?

EDIT: With the plastic surgery reward, you can left-click to make the face a little more like the templates. It would change the face, but not as severely as the whole template

EDIT^2: Ather pointed out that right-click is what alters the face just a little. That is what I meant, I am perpetually awful at directions.

"A man who carries a cat by the tail learns something he can learn in no other way." -Mark Twain

LJ Tumblr
Forum Resident
#5 Old 25th Jul 2016 at 5:12 PM
Bea, perhaps you meant right-click? I believe left-click would change to the entire template.

"God created dinosaurs. God destroyed dinosaurs. God created Man. Man destroyed God. Man created dinosaurs.

Dinosaurs eat man...Woman inherits the earth."

- Michael Crichton, Jurassic Park

My Simblr | Hadi Family Tree
Mad Poster
#6 Old 25th Jul 2016 at 8:55 PM
I made a Sim in bodyshop, not realizing the template had elf ears until I was done (hair covered it), and since I don't do unnatural in my game I tried to find a way to remove the ears. I could not find a way to change ears only, but perhaps you'll have better luck

If you can't find a way to do it on existing Sims, I'd find a story way to implement new Sims. I solved my situation by creating a backstory where the Sim was caught in a fire, and the burns lead to reconstructive surgery that caused the pointy ears. If I for some reason wanted to add more elf ear Sims, I'd either create Sims with that template and send into the adoption pool, or I'd come up with some kind of plot where a group of people from a different place come. Perhaps a natural disaster in an area inhabited by elf eared people, causing a group of fugitives to come to this town looking to build a new life. Or just a good old group of travelling people who live on the road, that happen to settle here for some reason.

Creations can be found on my on tumblr.