Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Quick Reply
Search this Thread
Test Subject
Original Poster
#1 Old 28th Jul 2016 at 10:49 PM
Default No adopt a child/baby want?
Is there a problem in the game where sims will never get a want to adopt a baby/child? (whatever the want is called)

I've had several gay couples across several neighbourhoods and I've still never had a single sim with the want to adopt anyone. The sims have had aspirations where I'd expect to see it, including family aspiration, but it's never come up. I've seen it in other people's games and know it exists but I've still yet to see it. Can anyone think why this might be? (I'm sorry if this thread is posted in the wrong place, and if so please feel free to move it)
Advertisement
Instructor
#2 Old 29th Jul 2016 at 12:20 AM
You don't by any chance have the last mod on this page, do you?

If you don't already have that one, downloading both that mod and the mod directly above it might help your situation. You might never see the adoption want, but at least you'd be able to fulfill the have a child want through adoption.
Instructor
#3 Old 29th Jul 2016 at 3:02 AM
I had the same problem and tested it with a lesbian couple, both Family Sims, who were about to marry. It was only after I put 3 of TwoJeff's mods together in my game that they rolled baby wants:
Baby Wants Fix
Havechildnotadopt
Same Sex Marriage
All three are found on the page Jojoa777 linked to. I didn't want pregnant males (except for alien pregnancy) or females getting pregnant with another female's child, so I didn't try that one.
Test Subject
Original Poster
#4 Old 31st Jul 2016 at 3:41 PM
Thank you both! I downloaded the mods you suggested and now my sims are getting the have a child want now, and I can still fulfil it by adoption!