Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Test Subject
Original Poster
#1 Old 8th Jan 2018 at 10:23 PM

This user has the following games installed:

Sims 2, University, Nightlife, Open for Business, Pets, Seasons, Bon Voyage, Free Time, Apartment Life
Default Reshade and Sims 2 Ultimate Collection - Help/Advice needed...
Hey there!

It's been a while since I've played Sims 2, and I'm slowly easing myself back into it. I seem to have the game running very well, I've done all the pre-maintenance for playing TS2 on a modern pc. My computer is capable of handling those nifty special effects, so it was only a matter of time before I wanted to test out Reshade; and that's where the problem lies.

I have the latest installation of Reshade, [3.1.0] and have tried different settings to get it to work properly- but to no avail. My game loads Reshade only on the DirectX9 setting and crashes when it's about to load into the neighborhood. [using opengl or directx10 instead only results in Reshade not loading at all.] I tried installing the earlier components for directx from the Microsoft website, but that didn't seem to help either. I know Reshade IS possible with Sims 2, I just can't seem to get it to work properly with my setup. There are others in the simblr community that are having similar problems, so it's not just my computer/setup that's gone funky.

If anyone could help, or lend some friendly advice on this, would be very, VERY appreciated.

If you need anything from me in the meantime, I'll upload it. [I'm not sure if any config files would be helpful in this particular case.]

Thank you!
Advertisement
Lab Assistant
#2 Old 5th Mar 2018 at 2:50 AM
Hi, I am also dealing with this problem too. Reshade used to work with sims 2 when I had a previous version (2.1) so I do think this may be something to do with the 3.1.0 version.
Test Subject
#3 Old 7th Mar 2018 at 1:39 AM
Hi hyakkichan and Chrystali8!

I'm in the same boat...

Last year I was playing fine with Reshade, then I stopped for a while and when I came back it didn't work anymore. At that time I had the older version of the Ultimate Collection installed, then I formatted my PC and now I have this new version where you have to be connected to Origin to play, so I think this update may be the cause or maybe a Windows 10 update. My computer is capable of running the game at max settings and I tried to load the game with the directx9 just like you and it crashes everytime.

Maybe someone playing with Reshade can confirm if it's running fine in the updated Ultimate Collection version.
Test Subject
#4 Old 7th Mar 2018 at 2:39 PM Last edited by Vinicius : 7th Mar 2018 at 4:38 PM.
Hey guys, I found a way for Reshade to work in the Ultimate Collection.

I downloaded a program called Xenos Injector and used the 32 bits version to inject the dxgi.dll when the game starts.

I wanted to post a guide here but I couldn't find a clean Xenos Injector exe... My antivirus blocked the file so I had to manually allow it.

Send me a PM if you still need help.
Forum Resident
#5 Old 24th Mar 2018 at 7:28 AM
no menu appear for sims 2 when using reshade 3.0
Lab Assistant
#6 Old 22nd Apr 2018 at 8:38 AM
Default How to add Reshader on Sims 2 Uilmate Collection
1. Open Up Reshader 2.0

2. Press 'Select Game' and find "Sims2EP9" in Origin Games\The Sims 2 Ultimate Collection\Fun with Pets\SP9\TSBin

3. Then Press Driect3D 10+.

4. Try open up The Sims 2 and you should see in the top right some debug stuff about Reshader.

I hope this help you all for trying to use it
Lab Assistant
#7 Old 22nd Apr 2018 at 8:39 AM
Quote: Originally posted by ticklish
no menu appear for sims 2 when using reshade 3.0

You need to press Shift and F2 to use the menu