Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Test Subject
Original Poster
#1 Old 2nd Apr 2013 at 3:58 PM
Import a Neighborhood from Mansion and Garden Stuff to Appartment life?
Hey. I have a Question. It seems that Mansion and Garden Stuff is saving Neighborhoods in a different way than appartment life does so I can't play them on there :/ Is there a way to made a neighborhood from Mansion and Garden Stuff work in Appartment life?
Advertisement
Site Helper
#2 Old 2nd Apr 2013 at 4:29 PM Last edited by Mootilda : 2nd Apr 2013 at 5:08 PM.
There's no easy way to do this. You might be able to copy individual things over, but there's no tutorial available, so you're on your own.

My first attempt would be to generate a temporary neighborhood in Apartment Life and use SimPE to copy the VERS record from the AL neighborhood to the M&G neighborhood. If you haven't used any of the M&G features, then there's a (slight) possibility that this will work.
Scholar
#3 Old 2nd Apr 2013 at 4:34 PM
What ????? M & G stuff pack does not come with a neighborhood.
When I was buying stuff/exp. packs a while back now , M & G was the last one I installed ; after Apt. Life. Then I tried to play my sims2 using the Apt. Life disc.... but received an error message.
My pc was reading the last disc installed as the disc the game needed to be played on.... so I just switched to M & G for gameplay.

Not sure if this is what you meant ? If you go on the thread for Apt. Life in this forum ; there's alot of help and tips for running your apartments.
EA shippped A.L. with a few bugs that have been fixed by now ; by the talented, 'techie' people here !

" Inama Nushif "
Site Helper
#4 Old 2nd Apr 2013 at 5:26 PM
Every single EP changes the internal data format for the neighborhood and lots and (often) sims.

M&G may be classified as an SP, but it behaves like an EP. If you look, the EXE is even named EP9, not SP9.

When playing neighborhoods, the standard rule is that you must have all EPs which were installed the last time that you played the neighborhood. Even if you have done absolutely nothing but look at the neighborhood, any files which are saved are saved in the new format.
Test Subject
Original Poster
#5 Old 2nd Apr 2013 at 6:13 PM
That is crap do nyou know how I can import families?
Banned
#6 Old 2nd Apr 2013 at 6:19 PM
Why not just play on the M & G disk?
Site Helper
#7 Old 2nd Apr 2013 at 7:03 PM Last edited by Mootilda : 2nd Apr 2013 at 7:18 PM.
I assume that you tried my suggestion about the VERS record and that it didn't work?

To recreate a neighborhood from scratch:
- Neighborhood terrain: Use my HoodReplace program to copy your terrain from M&G to AL
- Lots: backup your AL neighborhood, since lots may not be portable. Package all of your M&G lots and use the Clean Installer to install them into your AL neighborhood. Delete anything that crashes; you'll have to remake those lots.
- Sims: Use "the Easy Way" from this FAQ: Game_Help:Moving_Simswiki. Then, you can add back family ties, relationships, skills, etc. using any of a number of tools: SimPE, SimBlender, etc.

I cannot recommend using "the Hard Way". Moving occupied lots is intrinsically unsafe and even extensive testing cannot guarantee that adding an occupied lot to a neighborhood will not corrupt the neighborhood.
Test Subject
Original Poster
#8 Old 4th Apr 2013 at 1:26 AM
Thanks