Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Scholar
Original Poster
#1 Old 18th Sep 2011 at 2:11 PM
Default Family Fun Stuff = Mini EP
What's new in FFS until it can be described as a Mini EP? I got it yesterday, and I can't find any new gameplay, not like M&G. So, what makes it different with other SP? Other than being the 1st complete SP?

Hey there! :)
Advertisement
Instructor
#2 Old 18th Sep 2011 at 2:23 PM
Usually, Stuff Packs don't come with new gameplay (hence their name). The only stuff packs that had new gameplay additions were M&G and HHS.
Scholar
Original Poster
#3 Old 18th Sep 2011 at 3:09 PM
Really?
But someone, or maybe, some websites, calls FFS as mini EP.
Why???
T_T

Mad Poster
#4 Old 18th Sep 2011 at 3:38 PM
Maybe you should track down someone who's said that, and ask them?

Ugly is in the heart of the beholder.
(My simblr isSim Media Res . Widespot,Widespot RFD: The Subhood, and Land Grant University are all available here. In case you care.)
Scholar
Original Poster
#5 Old 18th Sep 2011 at 3:44 PM
Peni...
I felt too stupid to be a human.
YES! I can do that way.
Stupid me...

Field Researcher
#6 Old 18th Sep 2011 at 3:58 PM
The reason some refer to FFS as a mini EP is because, normally, SPs don't effect other EPs. But this one did. It broke many things in OFB much like when you install a badly coded EP that breaks previous patches, or EPs and needs a patch.
If you kept a copy of the FFS patch notes you could see how much damage it did to OFB and other parts of the game. That is why it 'behaves' like an EP.
Scholar
Original Poster
#7 Old 18th Sep 2011 at 5:21 PM
So, the behaviour is not adding, but broking (a word???)? BAD SP!

Mad Poster
#8 Old 18th Sep 2011 at 5:54 PM
I believe "borked" is like "pwn," a common typo taken over as jargon by a particular community. So the word you want, in proper English, is:

v: to break: I break, you break, he breaks, they break; I am you are he is breaking; I you he they broke
adj: Broken; It is broken

Thus endeth the English grammar lesson for today.

(My simblr isSim Media Res . Widespot,Widespot RFD: The Subhood, and Land Grant University are all available here. In case you care.)
Site Helper
#9 Old 18th Sep 2011 at 6:32 PM
The earliest SPs actually had their own game engines. Then, EA got smart and decided to use EP game engines for SPs. See here: http://www.simbology.com/smf/index.php?topic=1228.0

Although FFS and GLS were supposedly based on the OFB engine, they actually contained game engine changes. I suppose that might make them "mini-EPs" in some way.
Scholar
Original Poster
#10 Old 18th Sep 2011 at 11:53 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Peni Griffin
I believe "borked" is like "pwn," a common typo taken over as jargon by a particular community. So the word you want, in proper English, is:

v: to break: I break, you break, he breaks, they break; I am you are he is breaking; I you he they broke
adj: Broken; It is broken

Thus endeth the English grammar lesson for today.

Oh yeah, great. Another f***ing grammar lessons. But thanks, though.

Mad Poster
#11 Old 19th Sep 2011 at 12:09 AM
Quote: Originally posted by haricots
Oh yeah, great. Another f***ing grammar lessons. But thanks, though.

You did ask.

ETA: Grammar lesson (singular), btw, unless you wanted to say "More grammar lessons". :P
Scholar
Original Poster
#12 Old 19th Sep 2011 at 9:51 AM
You see what my posts done before. Too much, not just many, grammar mistakes in my words. And today is a tiring day, coz I got 4 tests in one row. Stupid school...
Forgive me for any mistake here (do I need to put this sentence in my sigs?).

Site Helper
#13 Old 19th Sep 2011 at 5:09 PM
Your mistakes are not really an issue, except that it often makes it difficult to understand you. When people correct you, they are also helping those of us who find some of your posts incomprehensible. MTS asks that you try to use correct spelling and grammar so that it is easier for everyone to understand all of the posts.
world renowned whogivesafuckologist
retired moderator
#14 Old 19th Sep 2011 at 5:13 PM
Well, actually, we just ask that you make some effort to type vaguely properly and dont typ li3k dis bc it iz stoopid u no?

my simblr (sometimes nsfw)

“Dude, suckin’ at something is the first step to being sorta good at something.”
Panquecas, panquecas e mais panquecas.
Mad Poster
#15 Old 19th Sep 2011 at 5:23 PM
I wouldn't have posted the exposition about borked/broken if the world in general hadn't been asked, and certainly didn't mean to criticize anyone. I'm a word person and am happy to inflict that on anybody who'll sit still for it. It happens to be easy for me (but you should see my basic arithmetic fails), while I know a lot of people out there have English as their second language, or never had a good grounding in the mechanics of language, so I like to be helpful if I can and trust that they'd help me with my math if I need it.

And everybody has mistakes they can't seem to get past, and makes mistakes when tired; plus dyslexics want to talk about SIms, too. It doesn't pay to be too picky online.