Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Quick Reply
Search this Thread
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#1 Old 27th Jun 2016 at 12:19 AM
Default Eodsy's 18th Century Set (gowns, hats) - working, valid file
Hi All,

So I wasn't really sure where to put this. You see, I already have Eodsy's 18th century set and the Medieval gowns. I downloaded it from the Asylum's Mediafire link but I cannot find the dresses and the hats in game. I went searching through the web (on the old site, simscave, here etc. etc.) but no one seems to have the problem I'm having. I even tried extracting the pack files into packages but that didn't work either. The Medieval gowns are in there, but not these?? Do they require a certain EP? What am I doing wrong?

Or if anyone has the dresses and actually got them to work in game, would you mind sending me a working pack/package file? Or tell me what you did? Do you have to tap dance under the full moon while patting the left side of your neck with your first two fingers?

Thank you!
Advertisement
Mad Poster
#2 Old 27th Jun 2016 at 2:56 AM
I never got around to trying them, but they should be under Necklaces, for both genders, and all categories.
I don't see where you should need any EPs, as Eodsy used the Hoop Earrings to clone them but IDEK.
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#3 Old 27th Jun 2016 at 8:38 AM
Hmm, okay. I'm working on a medieval/historical world for TS3 so I use accessories a lot but maybe I wasn't paying enough attention. I'll have a look when I fire the game back up.

Did you have any trouble finding the dresses?

and oh crap! I just realized I never posted the pictures. >< That might have been helpful. Sheesh...
Screenshots
Mad Poster
#4 Old 27th Jun 2016 at 9:30 PM
I can't remember if Eodsy made that set before or after Pets came out. Don't quote me on this, but the whole disappearing act might very well be because the Pets Patch of Doom broke it. (Wouldn't be the first time. )
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#5 Old 28th Jun 2016 at 5:08 AM
Hmm, I've never heard of it or had that happen before. I admit it could be possible... is there anyway to fix it?

And no, neither the hat or dresses (full outfits, not separates as mentioned on SimsMiracle) work.
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#6 Old 29th Jun 2016 at 3:46 PM
Update -- the Pets patch doesn't cause the issue. The dresses are showing up in CAS for some, we're unable to figure out why. The only difference between my game and someone (who was graciously kind enough to test the files for me) was Generations but I installed Generations and they still don't show up in CAS.

Does anyone have a suggestion for trying to fix it? Is there a mod that can tell you what requirements a specific item of cc needs? I've run it through S3PE and it all shows perfectly well and in order. I'm at a complete loss.
Field Researcher
#7 Old 29th Jun 2016 at 5:51 PM Last edited by sirrena : 29th Jun 2016 at 6:11 PM.
Hello!!
I am not sure if i found a solution to your problem or not but when i tried to check the sets (all 3 of them) with S3OC it says it the CASP is cloned from Fast lane stuff expansion.I do own FLS and the dresses do show up in my game and they also have FSL icon.So maybe that is your problem , again i am not 100% sure but i believe if you dont own that expansion that's propably the reason you cant see them in your game.
Pics or it didnt happend! :
https://s32.postimg.org/ed1fqt3lx/ddd.png
https://s31.postimg.org/54kt3wmd7/ssada.png
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#8 Old 29th Jun 2016 at 7:36 PM
OMG! Thank you! Cue the confetti and trumpets! A thousand cookies to you!! That was the thing. Finally, the mystery is solved. I don't have S3OC so I couldn't check it through that. They work now! ^_^
Field Researcher
#9 Old 29th Jun 2016 at 7:56 PM
Oh my a thousand cookies?!Worth solving every mystery ever!Glad i helped have fun with them.. ^^
Test Subject
#10 Old 6th Nov 2016 at 6:06 AM
Default Hi where can i find these dresses that you are speaking about?
Hi where can i find these dresses that you are speaking about?
Quote: Originally posted by LovethMia
Hi All,

So I wasn't really sure where to put this. You see, I already have Eodsy's 18th century set and the Medieval gowns. I downloaded it from the Asylum's Mediafire link but I cannot find the dresses and the hats in game. I went searching through the web (on the old site, simscave, here etc. etc.) but no one seems to have the problem I'm having. I even tried extracting the pack files into packages but that didn't work either. The Medieval gowns are in there, but not these?? Do they require a certain EP? What am I doing wrong?

Or if anyone has the dresses and actually got them to work in game, would you mind sending me a working pack/package file? Or tell me what you did? Do you have to tap dance under the full moon while patting the left side of your neck with your first two fingers?

Thank you!
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#11 Old 8th Nov 2016 at 1:05 AM
Hi -- just want to update this for anyone still looking and then it can return to the Land of Old Threads.

You can find the dresses and hats here: https://www.mediafire.com/?llvh99mjqeuv2

Fast Lane Stuff is required for the dresses. I never did get the hats working : / You can install Fast Lane Stuff or edit the CASP parts using S3PE or I assume S3OC (which I don't have). A tutorial for editing CASP parts can be found here: http://modthesims.info/t/491174 in post #3. Good luck and happy simming~