Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Test Subject
Original Poster
#1 Old 9th Jul 2009 at 8:05 PM
Default NPCs
I really think NPCs should live in the neighborhood. I mean, after all, we can have relationships with them.

It just seems to unrealistic to have a maid, a paper boy, handyman, policeman, etc. that don't live in the town that I'm living in. You can't possibly be saying that the paper boy lives in SimCity and takes a bus here to deliver newspapers.
Advertisement
Instructor
#2 Old 9th Jul 2009 at 8:10 PM
If they lived in the neighbourhood they wouldnt be NPC's. WE would be able to click on their house and play them. Defeating the whole NPC purpose.

^_^
Scholar
#3 Old 9th Jul 2009 at 8:58 PM
They could have made a rabbit hole, a apartment house where all the NPC's live and you could see them come and go.
Then our sims could visit those they know with options depending on their relationship.
Lab Assistant
#4 Old 9th Jul 2009 at 9:14 PM
i tried to impregnate a maid once, but it said i couldn't because her household was full lol. i tried looking for it but i couldn't find it lmfao... they should live in the town !!

hello (:
I Fang Bang baby
House of Stark
GoldfishSparxXx aka SarahSparxXx aka SimmySparxXx aka SparxXx aka Soursparks
Field Researcher
#5 Old 10th Jul 2009 at 4:44 AM
I find it to be realistic that Sunset Valley is so upscale a neighbourhood in general that the NPCs do commute in from elsewhere. Granted, there are a few very cheap homes but overall, it emulates the real life situation -- we're playing Beverly Hills, and the NPCs commute in from South Central to wash our floors and repair our toys.
Lab Assistant
#6 Old 10th Jul 2009 at 4:55 AM
You can,just get the testingcheatsenabled true cheat,hold shift,click on the npc,click add to active household