Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#26 Old 1st Oct 2014 at 2:56 PM
Quote: Originally posted by joandsarah77
Are you downloading lots from here? Stairs for example normally go into the scriptorium: http://modthesims.info/d/192613 Getting a blue flashing item in a lot isn't unusual sometimes things don't come over in the file when a lot gets packaged, but you shouldn't be getting lots of them. Do you have a link to a lot giving trouble? Are the files showing up in CI?

Some of the best cc for sims 2 has come out in the last 3 years, the stuff made 10-8 years ago was mostly rubbish.

Yes, I've downloaded a few lots from here but I can't remember if any of them gave me trouble. See I've been trying to make a more urban neighborhood so I've been downloading from http://simsurbania.com/index.php?board=25.0 And whatever she doesn't have included, she has a "necessary downloads" in the description and those things I download separately from the actual lot. Like for example 2802 http://simsurbania.com/index.php?topic=138.0 in the beginning I downloaded this lot and the only things flashing blue were these planks type things on the front of the building, but it fixed once I went into build mode and left out. But now since I reinstalled, I'm getting a bunch of other things like lots of maxis objects. Maybe because some of her other lots that I downloaded has the objects in the files which are needed for this lot. Idk

As far as Scriptorium goes, Idk how that works. I did install that at some point before. I don't know if there are certain folders that items should go into or not. If so, idk where the folders are.
Advertisement
Needs Coffee
retired moderator
#27 Old 1st Oct 2014 at 10:58 PM
You should see the Scriptorium files inside your Download folder. Then I place the file onto it and the Scriptorium takes it and places where it needs to go. That's how I've been using it anyway and it works.
Personally I would be very careful about downloading lots outside of MTS unless you know the creator knows how to package a lot properly. Also before grabbing lots from anyplace make sure you have BO's No Sim Loaded in your download folder to prevent the possible Super Duper Hug. This is game code, but people do not always realize it is active in their game and can spread it to others via lots. The Super does not show up in CI.

"I dream of a better tomorrow, where chickens can cross the road and not be questioned about their motives." - Unknown
~Call me Jo~
The Great AntiJen
retired moderator
#28 Old 1st Oct 2014 at 11:15 PM
SimsUrbania is ok though. I've DL plenty of her lots.

I no longer come over to MTS very often but if you would like to ask me a question then you can find me on tumblr or my own site tflc. TFLC has an archive of all my CC downloads.
I'm here on tumblr and my site, tflc
Needs Coffee
retired moderator
#29 Old 1st Oct 2014 at 11:25 PM
Good to know. Nearly anytime I have grabbed a lot from any other place I have faced a million mail box recolours and even hacks inside of CI so I am wary. .

"I dream of a better tomorrow, where chickens can cross the road and not be questioned about their motives." - Unknown
~Call me Jo~
The Great AntiJen
retired moderator
#30 Old 1st Oct 2014 at 11:39 PM
And you're right to be that. I will say she uses a lot of CC though. Having said that, I've never found CC in the lot files that hasn't been used on lot.

I no longer come over to MTS very often but if you would like to ask me a question then you can find me on tumblr or my own site tflc. TFLC has an archive of all my CC downloads.
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#31 Old 2nd Oct 2014 at 4:59 AM
I'm looking into the Bo's no sim loaded. I'll check it out tomorrow.

The lots that I have downloaded seem to have worked at first. My problem is with the modular stairs. I have scriptorium but I guess idk how to really work it. I thought if I installed it normally, everything would fall into place?

Question, do downloaded sims go into downloads for ultimate collection? Before I uninstalled, I had my custom sims in my downloads folder...they showed in game. But I just want everything to be right this time around.
Needs Coffee
retired moderator
#32 Old 2nd Oct 2014 at 6:01 AM
Modular stairs won't show up if placed in the download folder, they go into the installation files which is why people use the Scriptorium.
Sims go into the Saved Sims folder. Unless the UC is set up differently but that is how it works in my game.

~Call me Jo~
The Great AntiJen
retired moderator
#33 Old 2nd Oct 2014 at 9:59 AM
In fact sims can go into the Downloads folder though they're usually saved in Saved Sims by Bodyshop. In fact, you can put CC more or less anywhere in The Sims folder and it'll show up in game. Best to keep it all in Downloads though. The Scriptorium as I remember it (and it's been a while) is a system of shortcuts which allows you to put your files in the right place - i.e. those links in the Downloads folder take you to the game files. Like nearly every other tool for TS2, it's likely you will need to set up new filepaths for the UC.

Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#34 Old 2nd Oct 2014 at 1:54 PM
Okay thanks so very much for everything! You all have been soooo helpful. I've been playing my game with no wallpaper issues. So I'm happy!
Theorist
#35 Old 6th Oct 2014 at 12:16 AM
I have UC and just discovered a few missing walls from a downloaded house. It took awhile to figure out where they went. First of all, I checked to see what the walls were called and couldn't find them in walls & floor folders. I also change prices but did not do them after adding the house through clean installer, so that wasn't the problem. I did update UC and did the fix game options before starting up the game. I also looked through Wallcrafter to see where the walls might be and didn't find them listed. Later, I found the Download folder EA creates in the same folder with UC and there were about 15 items they removed from the game into that folder. As there was also some CC that hadn't showed up, I figured out what the problem with missing items was, but not the reason for them to remove. I added them back in with no problems. Although I did find 2 of those items were duplicates once I started adding them to my download folder.

I really dislike the way they update and fix things with no explanation on why or what they're doing. If we make a mistake, how do we avoid it again if they're not letting us know what it is . .

When you forgive, you heal. When you let go, you grow.
Page 2 of 2