Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Quick Reply
Search this Thread
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#1 Old 28th Jun 2015 at 1:44 AM
Is there a way to manipulate an unborn sim's supernatural status?
I got Supernatual a little while ago, had a witch and faery get married, so far they've had two kids, both are faeries. I'd really love for them to have a witch too, but I'm worried that they'll just end up with another faery. Is there a way to manipulate what type of supernatural the baby will be, like how you can manipulate gender with watermelons or apples?

Icon made by me!
Advertisement
Mad Poster
#2 Old 28th Jun 2015 at 2:11 AM
Master Controller plus the cheats module.

They won't help you set an unborn's baby occult status, but it will let you manually change it yourself once the kid's born, regardless of age. Just click the Sim and then:

NRAAS > Master Controller > Intermediate

There will be an option to remove occult statuses, so you'd have to take the fairy one off first, and then add witch straight after. Unless of course you decide to go fuck it, let's have fairy witches, which will require Hybrid.

...God I have no life.
Mad Poster
#3 Old 28th Jun 2015 at 2:57 AM
There's also a way to impregnate a sim with a specific type of supernatural using the Door of Life and Death (which is also great for killing unwanted paparazzi visitors).
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#4 Old 29th Jun 2015 at 6:43 AM
Thank you! Thankfully I got lucky and the 3rd baby came out as a witch without me having to do anything. Does Hybrid make all children of two seperate occults hybrids, or is it sort of a random chance that they might be a hybrid? Is the Door of Life and Death a mod or can it be summoned with a cheat, like the tombstone of life & death in TS2?

Icon made by me!
Mad Poster
#5 Old 29th Jun 2015 at 7:00 AM
Hybrids can be formed by parents of mixed occult states (or those who have grandparents with occult states) if you use NRaas StoryProgression. The chance setting is zero by default since not everyone wants those. I have mine set to 50. Triple and quadruple hybrids are awesome to play!

They can also be formed on demand by using MasterController or all on their own if the game glitches, which can happen.

What the Hybrid mod does is make hybrids formed by any of these methods be more playable. It unlocks the special menus for all occult states that a sim has and, if relevant, splits the power meter so that you can see, for example, a witch-fairy's power levels for either type of power. Under EA standard, one of the occult states would otherwise win out. But all by itself, the Hybrid mod does not foster or prohibit the formation of hybrids.

The Door of Life and Death is EA store content that originally came with Grim's Ghastly Manor.
http://store.thesims3.com/productDe...&section=UpSell
Mad Poster
#6 Old 29th Jun 2015 at 7:20 AM
Quote: Originally posted by igazor
Hybrids can be formed by parents of mixed occult states (or those who have grandparents with occult states) if you use NRaas StoryProgression. The chance setting is zero by default since not everyone wants those. I have mine set to 50. Triple and quadruple hybrids are awesome to play!

omg I did not know this please tell me more

A hell of a lot of StoryProgression I don't touch because that shit's complicated.
Mad Poster
#7 Old 29th Jun 2015 at 7:48 AM
Quote: Originally posted by BL00DIEDHELL
omg I did not know this please tell me more

A hell of a lot of StoryProgression I don't touch because that shit's complicated.

Heck, I'm afraid of half of it myself. (just kidding, and I have no life either...)

If NRaas SP is in control, that is if its progression is activated, then it's just on City Hall or an in-game computer
NRaas > SP > General Options > Options:Pregnancy > Chance of Hybrid Offspring (default is 0)

So a value of 50 here would mean that a witch-fairy coupling, leaving out the grandparents for the moment, would have a 25% chance of being a witch, 25% of being a fairy, and 50% of being a witch-fairy hybrid. I use a large value there because most of my worlds don't have many occults in them. This might be overkill for a world like Moonlight Falls.

This is not to be confused with Chance of Occult Mutation, on the same menu level. That one would be the percent chance that the offspring of one or two occults would pick up an entirely different occult state, one that isn't on the family tree at all to begin with. So a witch-fairy couple might give birth to a werewolf. Or a witch-werewolf hybrid, if you use both options. I don't like this one and keep it at its default of 0.
Mad Poster
#8 Old 29th Jun 2015 at 10:28 AM
That's super useful, thank you!
Lab Assistant
#9 Old 29th Jun 2015 at 3:35 PM
Thanks igazor for explaining that again. SP is truly one of the greatest mods ever written but the sheer volume of the possible ways to adjust the settings is overwhelming at times. Definately worth it IMO but sometimes a little scary to try out a new option. So I am always glad when someone explains another way to tweak SP in my game.
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#10 Old 3rd Jul 2015 at 7:53 AM
Thank you for explaining, igazor! I am playing in Moonlight Falls, I wonder if 10% chance of a hybrid would be too much or not enough. I don't want the town to be overrun by them, but I think it'd be cool to have a few. If I understand right, there'll be a 10% chance of a hybrid and a 45% chance of each parent occult. Going deeper, with fairy/witch parents and fairy, non-occult, witch and vampire grandparents for example, there'd be a small chance of vampire or non-occult, a higher chance of fairy or witch and a 10% chance of some sort of hybrid involving two of or all three, right? How many generations back does it figure occult states in? Just to grandparents, or all the way up the family tree? Will I get a fairy 5 generations from now solely because one of their ancestors was a fairy? It seems to get very confusing once you look past just the parents.

Icon made by me!
Mad Poster
#11 Old 3rd Jul 2015 at 9:58 AM
I don't actually know how the formula goes when grandparents are involved. That's why I tried to sidestep the question as neatly as I could back there (ah well, can't win 'em all). I just try to believe that genetics from grandparents that skip a generation have a lower chance of being passed onto the grandchildren than those from the parents as they are recessive genes. No genetics go back any further than grandparents, but you can still have surprises. This doesn't have anything to do with occults, but with SP's Advanced Genetics (or maybe even by EA standard, can't remember now), breast slider data does get passed down to males even though they don't look any different when this happens. If you have a few generations of all male offspring and suddenly a girl is born, she may well appear to inherit the slider data from her great great grandmother -- actually it was passed down through all of them but you just wouldn't see it unless you looked at the males' CAS slider values very closely.

In your example, if one parent is a witch and one is a fairy (is this what you meant?), and mutations are not in play, then their offspring are going to pick up one, the other, or both of those states. There will be a 10% chance that each one is a hybrid of some kind, including the possibilities of fairy-vamp, witch-vamp, and triple fairy-witch-vamp because of one of the grandparents. It sounds like non-occult and vampire-only would not be possibilities in that case. Those would be if one of the parents were non-occult. Of course, once hybrids start having children and grandchildren of their own, it gets even more interesting.

And there is yet another setting on the same Options menu I neglected to mention that shows up when you allow Hybrids, namely Maximum Newborn Occult Types (default = 2; I have mine set to 4). Not really sure I want to play or even see a vampire-witch-fairy-werewolf-genie-mermaid-alien-unicorn (last one not possible, just threw that in for fun) or if they would even be able to function as a sim. And for heaven's sake, keep them away from the Forbidden Fruit or they may become a PlantSim as well. At least, I think PlantSims can be hybrids. Maybe this needs more research.

So on your what's a good setting for allowing hybrids question? Up to you, of course, but if you have a lot of mixed occult couplings happen think of 10% meaning on average only one in ten of the offspring of those couples will be hybrids. I might go a bit higher even in MF, depends on how special you want hybrids to be in the next generations.

And for next week's lecture, we will cover the SP immigration of hybrids which can be yet another source if you allow for it.