Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Quick Reply
Search this Thread
Instructor
Original Poster
#1 Old 2nd Jul 2015 at 4:17 PM
You know this site has some great fans
I mean it I only got into the game a few months ago and you have all been very helpful, and what is more you continue to post mods that make the game better.

As someone who can only do the most basic programing I would just like to say I am very impressed.

I know this may seem off topic but I decided to get my little sister a copy of The Sims 3 for her birthday at the end of the month and right now I am burning all the mods I think she uses on my copy to a disc and until this moment I had no idea just how many mods I am using and yet they all seem to work together well and make the game much more fun.

I don't know if there is a section where I can thank the makers of these mods but I just wanted to say thanks. I struggle with depression and when it gets too bad one of the things I can do is sit down and play this game and it helps me calm down and not have a panic attack and my little sister likes having a game where she doesn't have to shoot things. I mean don't get me wrong she kicks my butt in Halo, but she likes having variety and the mods add even more of it to the game.

I would just like to say that I really enjoy all of your work and I love trying new mods. Just because the game is old doesn't mean there are not new players out there who love it.

Thanks for working so hard to make a good game better.
Advertisement
Spice Pony
#2 Old 2nd Jul 2015 at 4:30 PM
I'm not a CC creator, but I have struggled with depression, so I'm glad to hear the game helps. Anyway, there is a thanks button on every piece of CC on the site, up in the corner.
Instructor
Original Poster
#3 Old 2nd Jul 2015 at 4:48 PM
Okay, I will use that from now on.

Just wanted to let the programers know that I do enjoy the stuff they work on. I write fan fiction myself and it is always great to get feedback from people who enjoy my work.

This game because it is so simple and fun whenever I am feeling completely overwhelmed if I play it for a little while it doesn't tress me out and it helps me focus on one problem at a time so when I am done I find it easier to handle my real life problems that way.

Thanks to Maxis and the Modders for making this game, it is a lot of fun and a big help to me.
Alchemist
#4 Old 2nd Jul 2015 at 5:41 PM
Yeah, the people here are seriously amazing - both the modders and those who do not create mods or CC themselves

I find MTS a very welcoming place in general. It looks clean, which I really appreciate after seeing a lot of smaller forums full of 300x600 px glittery seizure-inducing GIF sigs. So, thanks to the people who coded, maintain and moderate the site. The downloads section has a lot of stuff for everyone and people respond fast in the WCIF forum when you can't find that particular mod/piece of CC. So, thanks to the CC creators and modders who make it possible for TS3 to be even better, more customizable and more diverse in terms of playability.

And thanks to the people who can throw around a curse word or two when the time is right, without it coming across as cheap. They make everything tons of fun when you don't have to censor what you say or "play nice" excessively. Thanks for maintaining an atmosphere where, despite the site being called "Mod the Sims", players aren't shamed for not using mods and there's a really healthy attitude towards discussing the more technical side of TS3, like improving performance and specific parts of modding.

So, all in all, thanks everyone at MTS who made it into such a good platform of communication within the community *throws glitter everywhere*

P.S. And thanks for making this thread, GoodMcLovableSim2015
Mad Poster
#5 Old 2nd Jul 2015 at 6:10 PM
Depressed Simmers REPRESENT!

Quite honestly I probably would've gotten way too bored of the game to play much if it weren't for mods - especially NRAAS mods, holy shit. You modders are the tits <3.

*Covered in glitter*
Top Secret Researcher
#6 Old 2nd Jul 2015 at 8:32 PM
Quote: Originally posted by EvilMcNastySim2015
...I know this may seem off topic but I decided to get my little sister a copy of The Sims 3 for her birthday at the end of the month and ...

Somebody has an older sibling who cares about her! Which is a big deal, as my Sim can testify

Quote: Originally posted by BL00
Depressed Simmers REPRESENT!

I'm a Simmer with depression. In my case the disease will probably be something I deal with all my life, but on the positive side, I'm quite sure the Simming will be lifelong as well! :lovestruc
Mad Poster
#7 Old 2nd Jul 2015 at 8:37 PM
Yeah, this site is certainly a diamond in the rough amongst the Sim community.

Because the earth is standing still, and the truth becomes a lie
A choice profound is bittersweet, no one hears Cassandra Goth cry

Alchemist
#9 Old 2nd Jul 2015 at 10:21 PM
Quote: Originally posted by nitromon
Sounds like you are struggling with some anxiety and OCD?

Mental illnesses: TS3 edition
*game show music plays in background*

ADHD: starts new game, renovates houses, gets bored after IRL day 3, starts new game, renovates houses...

Anxiety: pls pls pls no Error 12 or crash to desktop this time, I know I played a little too long but please God/Buddha/mom let it save
Anxiety (alternate): omg I had to take a piss/dump and accidentally left the game unpaused and wtf did they do why the hell is grandpa flirting with his grandson's wife??

Bipolar: plays teens, fulfills all their "beat up X", "woohoo with X", "move in with X", "divorce X", "flirt with X" wishes...because their sims roll them in that order
Bipolar (alternate): plays half a generation of model citizens, switches midway to hookers/serial killers, then drops meteors on everyone's ass and resurrects everyone

Depression: I'm bored of everything... Don't feel like making sims pop out another generation... Maybe I should just delete everything....

OCD: there's a mixologist sim I never see but I might see him if I ever decide to visit that bar so omg his shirt must match his shoes
OCD (alternate): *faints when seeing yet another male sim with the female pigtails, or one in a sweater, swim shorts and flippers*
OCD (alternate 2): must get every piece of CC out there because I'll surely use it in the future!

Schizophrenia: spends hours trying to kill the elevator sounds that can inexplicably be heard despite muting everything in the game options*
Schizophrenia (alternate): becomes convinced that the sims are sentient, especially when waving their arms and routestomping, and deletes savegame
*speaking from experience, this is currently plaguing my game

Sociopathy: plays hooker or serial killer sim, bonus if 100 baby challenge

Normal player: breeds sims, gets bored, kills sims, starts new game

Edit: and I just realized I left the game unpaused while typing this. Fuck.
Needs Coffee
retired moderator
#10 Old 2nd Jul 2015 at 10:21 PM
If you really want to put a smile on a creators face, not only click the thanks button but leave a comment. Most creators are lucky to get 10% thanks compared to downloads and comments are way below that.

"I dream of a better tomorrow, where chickens can cross the road and not be questioned about their motives." - Unknown
~Call me Jo~
Mad Poster
#11 Old 3rd Jul 2015 at 2:04 AM
Quote: Originally posted by r_deNoube
I'm a Simmer with depression. In my case the disease will probably be something I deal with all my life

Sounds like you are struggling with some anxiety and OCD? That would probably describe 90% of sims players, hahaha. I use CAS edit on every single sim in the town, everyone must dress properly!

Jesus cock you have way more patience than I do, I tend to let the puddings look as shit as they did when first spawned.
Instructor
Original Poster
#12 Old 3rd Jul 2015 at 2:10 AM
Sounds like you are struggling with some anxiety and OCD? That would probably describe 90% of sims players, hahaha. I use CAS edit on every single sim in the town, everyone must dress properly!

Yeah that is me, I take meds for it and I am fine most of the time but some times I just feel like too much is happening at once and this game helps with that. It's something interactive I can do that doesn't require fast relexes and lot of restarts.

I do tend to flip out of I see that a room is not perfectly square, That clearly makes me OCD
Alchemist
#14 Old 3rd Jul 2015 at 7:49 AM
Quote: Originally posted by EvilMcNastySim2015
I do tend to flip out of I see that a room is not perfectly square, That clearly makes me OCD

You would love my earlier builds. Best pink-wallpaper-on-the-outside boxes in the damn town!

It's more like an itch. I've tried ignoring it... but the more I do, the more I want to scratch.

Easy: let's switch computers. It'll cure your OCD right away when there's a 70% chance of Error 12 after a CAS trip

Quote: Originally posted by r_deNoube
I'm a Simmer with depression. In my case the disease will probably be something I deal with all my life, but on the positive side, I'm quite sure the Simming will be lifelong as well!

Hang in there. Your comics are awesome, by the way. I would genuinely like to hang out with your sims
Top Secret Researcher
#15 Old 4th Jul 2015 at 12:28 AM
Quote: Originally posted by sweetdevil
Hang in there. Your comics are awesome, by the way. I would genuinely like to hang out with your sims

Well, aren't you a sweet Devil! Thank you!

Janet's pointing out how long it's been since I've put up a new Comic, and telling me I ought to get on it. And I agree -- although I suspect she's motivated partly by a hope of dating your avatar.