Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Scholar
#1851 Old 2nd Dec 2016 at 11:23 AM Last edited by ieta_cassiopeia : 3rd Dec 2016 at 11:14 PM.
Quote: Originally posted by meginmd
After the "the airport van will be here soon" pop up: "Uh, who's going on vacation? To where?"

(said after a long absence from my legacy family)

This is why I never let my Sims book a vacation without putting an indicator on their house, visible from neighbourhood and neighbouring lot views, of when they are due to go on holiday. I generally remember not to try playing the home lots of Sims on holiday but am often surprised when the airport van turns up (and some of my Sims are at work or abducted or something...)

Edit to avoid double-posting: today, I told two Sims, "well, dancing through each other is a novel way of getting out of someone else's way. If only you'd done it to one side and not right in the middle of the path between the fridge and the wall, that way the other Sim might see you're trying to help and not think you're just plain mocking them!"
Advertisement
Inventor
#1852 Old 4th Dec 2016 at 7:05 PM
"Holy crap, that is dark." Finally got around to reinstalling Scriptorium and the Radiance mod with it. I saw the darker unlit rooms option and remembered how unlit rooms had seemed way too light in my game. So I chose it, resulting in the inability to see anything at all without lights at night Had to go back out and choose the other option. Also had to slap up a few extra fixtures in general. I'd forgotten how much the mod changes the lighting in the game!
Field Researcher
#1853 Old 5th Dec 2016 at 1:59 AM
"Now why aren't you doing what I told you to d.... Oh, hang on, might help to unpause the game..."
Mad Poster
#1854 Old 5th Dec 2016 at 5:02 AM
"Don't play in the puddles outside while it's thunder-storming! You'll be hit by lightning!"

"Oh, go take a bath and get cleaned up, you fool. I told you not to do that-and you ignored me-you're lucky you survived! Serves you right!"

Receptacle Refugee & Resident Polar Bear
"Get out of my way, young'un, I'm a ninja!"
Grave Matters: The funeral podium is available here: https://www.mediafire.com/file/e6tj...albits.zip/file
My other downloads are here: https://app.mediafire.com/myfiles
Test Subject
#1855 Old 5th Dec 2016 at 5:39 AM Last edited by AwesomeSwagGoodra77 : 6th Dec 2016 at 11:24 PM.
YOU CAN'T DO THAT ACTION BECAUSE YOUR FUN NEED IS LOW!
IT'll TAKE HALF A DAY TO GET THAT FUN NEED UP!
STOP RINGING MY ****ING DOORBELL
I DON'T CARE THAT MY SIM IS LOSING ENTHUSIASISM IN THAT TOPIC!
NO! YOU'RE NOT GOING TO "Become a Werewolf"! YOU'LL STAY A SIM AND YOU'LL LIKE IT!!
GREAT! MY PET GOT TAKEN AWAY BECUASE HE WOULDN'T EAT FROM HIS BOWL! IT LOOKED LIKE IT STILL HAD FOOD IN IT TOO!!! NOW MY SIM GOT FIRED! GREAT! *Rage Reset*
STOP LOOKING OUT THE WINDOW TO SEE IT SNOWING!!!
Mad Poster
#1856 Old 5th Dec 2016 at 1:57 PM
You really need to relax.

"Bad idea, honey."

Ugly is in the heart of the beholder.
(My simblr isSim Media Res . Widespot,Widespot RFD: The Subhood, and Land Grant University are all available here. In case you care.)
Test Subject
#1857 Old 5th Dec 2016 at 3:11 PM
@AwesomeSwagGoodra77 chill bro

Me on the other hand:
"STOP WATCHING TV!"
"STOP PLAYING SSX3 ON THE PC!"
"CLEAN YOUR DAMN PLATE"
"BE MORE PRODUCTIVE !!!"

meanwhile:
Scholar
#1858 Old 5th Dec 2016 at 3:27 PM
@peevpee That gives a nice perspective on your priorities. Only slightly worse than my place...

As for the sims issues: maybe you would benefit from installing Pescado's Autonomy Control
Mad Poster
#1859 Old 5th Dec 2016 at 3:50 PM
Quote: Originally posted by AwesomeSwagGoodra77
YOU CAN'T DO THAT ACTION BECAUSE YOUR FUN NEED IS LOW!
IT'll TAKE HALF A DAY TO GET THAT FUN NEED UP!
STOP RINGING MY ****ING DOORBELL
I DON'T CARE THAT MY SIM IS LOSING ENTHUSIASISM IN THAT TOPIC!
NO! YOU'RE NOT GOING TO "Become a Werewolf"! YOU'LL STAY A SIMS AND YOU'LL LIKE IT!!
GREAT! MY PET GOT TAKEN AWAY BECUASE HE WOULDN'T EAT FROM HIS BOWL! IT LOOKED LIKE IT STILL HAD FOOD IN IT TOO!!! NOW MY SIM GOT FIRED! GREAT! *Rage Reset*

I thought I had temper problems...

For that last one, make sure a) the bowl isn't turned against the wall and b) the pet is trained to eat from a bowl. If it's the Critturs, drop a pancake or something on the floor and scold them when they start eating from it and after that they'll be able to eat from the bowl.

I'm secretly a Bulbasaur. | Formerly known as ihatemandatoryregister

Looking for SimWardrobe's mods? | Or Dizzy's? | Faiuwle/rufio's too! | smorbie1's Chris Hatch archives
Scholar
#1860 Old 5th Dec 2016 at 4:17 PM
"Wait, shit, that was the default pollination technician."
"SHE LOOKS NOTHING LIKE HER."
"Hello, firstborn syndrome..."
Test Subject
#1861 Old 5th Dec 2016 at 5:11 PM
Quote: Originally posted by BoilingOil
@peevpee That gives a nice perspective on your priorities. Only slightly worse than my place...

Of course that's not my actual room...

This is my actual room
Scholar
#1862 Old 5th Dec 2016 at 5:21 PM
@peevpee Nice try. I don't believe you!
Alchemist
#1863 Old 6th Dec 2016 at 8:09 PM
So, this weekend Angela burned dinner and set the kitchen on fire.
Me: *sigh*
I'm about to click on Angela and tell her to call the fire dept (I rarely use fire alarms), then:
Me: Wait a minute... I could kill Daniel. That's just the drama they need!
About five minutes later...
Me: Why aren't you dead yet?!
A burned stove, fridge, and a couple of counters later:
Me: Crap, you survived that?!
Pop up saying that Mary-sue (outside) is having pregnancy complications:
Me: What the hell is wrong with you? You're perfectly--
Checks needs panel, sees hunger and energy dangerously low.
Me: Oh. Yeah, okay. Guess I shouldn't of told you to snowball fight with Herb, then, huh?
Looks for simblender and maxes Mary-sue's needs, but too late; she miscarries.
Me: *sigh* Fine, I own that one. My fault. Don't think that means you get to live, Daniel.
Some more minutes pass:
Me: Will you just run into the stupid fire, stupid? Geez, this is taking forever. No, Dirk, don't go into the kitchen, go home! Yeah, okay, whatever. Freak out while your needs tank. Coral, I see you! Don't you dare step foot in there! ....That's right, you better go to the bathroom...
A slightly less amount of minutes pass:
Me: Uggh, just die alrea--Thank you! Didn't think it'd cost me half a kitchen to set you on fire. *Grumble*
After the fire is dies down:
Me: Stop crying and go to the bathroom already!

"May the sunlight find you, thy days be long, thy winters kind, thy roots be strong." -Grand Oak Tree, DAO

XPTL Mod Archive | Change a Mod's Mesh into a CC Object | Increasing the Game Difficulty | Editing ACR 4 Your Age Mod
Bored? Read an unfinished legacy or sim story. | aka Kelyns | she/her
Scholar
#1864 Old 7th Dec 2016 at 8:51 AM
And that's why I usually install a sprinkler... Not as much drama, but at least the kitchen stays more or less intact.
Alchemist
#1865 Old 7th Dec 2016 at 2:12 PM
And that's why I usually install a sprinkler... Not as much drama, but at least the kitchen stays more or less intact.

But if I'd used a sprinkler, Daniel would still be alive... I was trying to kill him.

In my game, sprinklers are for fireplaces. When I use those I'm usually not trying to get rid of anyone. Kitchens are alarm and sprinkler-free zones for any bouts of sim-killing whimsy I might have. The only exceptions are apartments, since the fire dept comes as soon as a fire breaks out anyway. It's kind of annoying actually.

"May the sunlight find you, thy days be long, thy winters kind, thy roots be strong." -Grand Oak Tree, DAO

XPTL Mod Archive | Change a Mod's Mesh into a CC Object | Increasing the Game Difficulty | Editing ACR 4 Your Age Mod
Scholar
#1866 Old 7th Dec 2016 at 2:18 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Phantomknight
But if I'd used a sprinkler, Daniel would still be alive...

I know! That's why I said: not as much drama!

Quote: Originally posted by Phantomknight
I was trying to kill him.

Yeah, I agree: in THIS one specific instance, the sprinkler would not have helped... So sue me

In most cases, if I want to get rid of a sim, I just artificially age them up a 'little', so they naturally pass away not too long after. Also less drama...

As you can probably see, I'm not much for drama in my game
Alchemist
#1867 Old 7th Dec 2016 at 2:38 PM
@BoilingOil I like the spontaneity of the fire. I don't always have a plan to kill off my sims but sometimes, when the opportunity presents itself...

But yeah, I suppose I do like drama.

Mad Poster
#1868 Old 7th Dec 2016 at 4:59 PM
But if all your untimely deaths are from kitchen fires, that becomes less dramatic over time. Don't you think it would be more interesting to throw in some drownings, heart attacks, "car accidents," and murders for variety?

"That's what I was afraid of!" Newlyweds Angel and Ash Greenman attended a cross-Greek wedding also attended by Angel's ex-friend-with-benefits Ricky Cormier. Last time Angel saw Ricky, he got bent out of shape at her for kissing Ash; but Angel is much too agreeable and friendly for her own good, and in the middle of the reception she remade best friends with him and kissed him. Ash was not pleased. I think they're going to weather it, though.

Ugly is in the heart of the beholder.
(My simblr isSim Media Res . Widespot,Widespot RFD: The Subhood, and Land Grant University are all available here. In case you care.)
Scholar
#1869 Old 7th Dec 2016 at 6:41 PM
Indeed... on the one hand, fire *is* more spontaneous, but on the other hand one should not overdo that. Anyway, I see the point. :P
Alchemist
#1870 Old 7th Dec 2016 at 7:29 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Peni Griffin
But if all your untimely deaths are from kitchen fires, that becomes less dramatic over time. Don't you think it would be more interesting to throw in some drownings, heart attacks, "car accidents," and murders for variety?

I don't think all my untimely deaths are from kitchen fires, but I'm going to start taking note of it now, just to see I have a particular affinity for fire. Anyway, fires, for me at least, are the easiest death to orchestrate. Drowning takes so long and requires me to get rid of pool ladders--though now that I think about it, most of my sims don't have a pool. Starvation and sickness take a while too; I have the real sickness mod but I never make my sims sick on purpose, so that's not really good for spontaneity. Cow plants are usually in low supply in my hoods and sims never get struck by lightning when you want them to. I do, however, orchestrate some electrocution deaths, especially if there are broken appliances around. Those are easy to set up with an unskilled sim and tinker.

Anyway, car accidents, heart attacks, and murders are for story deaths. Those I plan out. Fires are more for the "hmm, I hadn't really thought of that, but it could be interesting--let's go with it" type deaths.

Mad Poster
#1871 Old 7th Dec 2016 at 7:35 PM
Buck Grunt actually died thanks to an improperly placed pool ladder (yay, moveobjects) but Grim got stuck and I had to quit without saving.

I'm secretly a Bulbasaur. | Formerly known as ihatemandatoryregister

Looking for SimWardrobe's mods? | Or Dizzy's? | Faiuwle/rufio's too! | smorbie1's Chris Hatch archives
Scholar
#1872 Old 7th Dec 2016 at 7:51 PM
I once had Don Lothario throw a party for all his lovers - Cassandra Goth, Kaylynn Langerak, and both Caliente sisters.
Once the girls had all arrived, I sat back and watched the drama unfold...

At some point, after he had alienated all four of them, he decided to join Kaylynn Langerak in the hot tub. So far, there's nothing wrong, right?

Wrong! Problem is, it was raining.

Lightning struck as Don was going to sit down.

Don immediately needed to go to the little boys room.

Lightning struck again as he was climbing out.

Nobody grieved for Don.
Theorist
#1873 Old 7th Dec 2016 at 9:04 PM

This message made me remember that there are sprinklers for the first time in years and start to add them to my households.
Instructor
#1874 Old 7th Dec 2016 at 9:35 PM
HOLY CRAP THAT'S CRISP!

(Having just got Ultimate Collection via Origin working on my Win-10 desktop with GT 705 at 1440x900 on a 22" HDTV compared to BV on CD my on old XP laptop with integrated Intel chipset at 1600 x 1024 on a 17" screen)

Just call me William, definitely not Who-Ward
Scholar
#1875 Old 8th Dec 2016 at 12:11 AM
Sometimes it's too crisp, from my experience!
Page 75 of 167