Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Quick Reply
Search this Thread
Test Subject
Original Poster
#1 Old 28th Jun 2014 at 3:04 PM
Default Good RPG/Simulators?
Hi, I love RPGs and Sim games, but I think I've broken my Sims games after installing over 10GB and wasting a lot of harddrive space, so I can't play it.
I was wondering if anyone knew some good games for me that I could play? I've got all the Elder Scrolls Games on Xbox and PS3, and my netbook won't play any of them anyway. I haven't tried Dragon Age on here but I doubt it would run.

Just for your information,
I have a Dell Inspiron Mini, 0.99GB ram, 160GB HD. :P
Also I can run Fable: The Lost Chapters on min settings. ^_^
Advertisement
Top Secret Researcher
#2 Old 28th Jun 2014 at 3:36 PM
I recommend RollerCoaster Tycoon and SimCity (SimCity 4, of course). Those games were simply amazing, and excellent time wasters killers!
Scholar
#3 Old 28th Jun 2014 at 5:49 PM
Hiya, this is a bit off topic, since I can't recommend any games, but I read your other thread about installing M&G. I'm no sims expert, so I can't actually help, but I can't help thinking it would be such a shame if you gave up playing the sims altogether. Surely there must be way to uninstall your EP's and SP's and start again? Yes, you would lose your saved game, but you could start all over again and make new families.

I've got a crappy computer (integrated graphics), so I only have the base game, Nightlife and Pets, and I've got 2 or 3 years out of it so far. The less EP's you have, the better.

Sorry if it's none of my business, but I felt a bit sad reading your post, thinking that you'd have to stop playing sims.
Inventor
#4 Old 28th Jun 2014 at 6:26 PM
Goat Simulator, duh!

Serious answer: Game Dev Tycoon. This indie company literally made their first game a game about making games. It's pretty cheap on steam.
Also Smooth Operators which is a PC port of an iOS game. It's on Steam and the apple app store for $2.99 USD. Good for killing time.
Lab Assistant
#5 Old 28th Jun 2014 at 7:38 PM
I play a lot of indie horror RPGs like Ib, Mad Father, etc., . They don't take up much room, they're cool to play, and almost always do not have to install on my computer. I guess those would count.
Theorist
#6 Old 29th Jun 2014 at 7:25 PM
Speaking of App games, they came out with Farmville 2 a while back. It's a cute game. I just wish my tablet would stop mooing at me several times a day to "remind" me to come back and play it.

The first time it happened, my tablet was on my night stand and I was just about to drop off to asleep. It scared the crap out of me because I had no idea what it was.

¢¾ Receptacle Refugee ¢¾ ~ Where are we going, and why am I in this handbasket!? ~
Laura's Legacy
Department of Post-Mortem Communications
#7 Old 26th Jul 2014 at 12:31 AM
If you're into old school RPGs then both Baldur's Gate and Baldur's Gate 2 have been rereleased and updated to some degree. Spec-wise they shouldn't be any problem at all as they both work on old PCs and even tablets. I've always preferred this kind of story-driven RPGs over the hack-and-slash of Diablo, which I really dislike.
A more up-to-date return to old-school RPGs is Divinity: Original Sin which was released a few weeks ago and does look a bit less old-fashioned than Baldur's Gate.
Test Subject
#8 Old 30th Jul 2014 at 2:58 AM
Quote: Originally posted by KristiMassacre
Hi, I love RPGs and Sim games, but I think I've broken my Sims games after installing over 10GB and wasting a lot of harddrive space, so I can't play it.
I was wondering if anyone knew some good games for me that I could play? I've got all the Elder Scrolls Games on Xbox and PS3, and my netbook won't play any of them anyway. I haven't tried Dragon Age on here but I doubt it would run.

Just for your information,
I have a Dell Inspiron Mini, 0.99GB ram, 160GB HD. :P
Also I can run Fable: The Lost Chapters on min settings. ^_^

RPG:
Fallout 3
Fallout New Vegas

Sim:
Simcity 4
Cities XL
Tycoon City New York
Game Dev Tycoon
The Urbz
Lab Assistant
#9 Old 29th Aug 2014 at 2:33 PM
:lovestruc I love rpg, if you like the old ones, there are 2 new that I also like a lot. The child of light, and the The Legend of Heroes - Trails in the Sky, the child of light is 2d but it has dreamy scenery, the other is real rpg, from japan. Hope you like them...
#10 Old 1st Sep 2014 at 10:29 PM
I don't know if they still make it now or if it'll even work on your computer, but I used to play Zoo Tycoon 2. But then I lost the CD...

Life is paradoxically coincidental to the ironical tyranny applicable to the unparalleled definition of reverse entropy.

"A thunderstorm breaks the wall of darkness." - Lyrics to Storm

"Meh." - me
Field Researcher
#11 Old 1st Sep 2014 at 11:39 PM
Zoo Tycoon 2 works on Windows 8.1 I think

I am MOHAAPlayer on Discord
Instructor
#12 Old 2nd Sep 2014 at 1:51 AM
Euro Truck Simulator 2. Seriously. It's one of those games that you think everyone is joking about being really good, until you actually get it. I can't really describe why it's so good but if you play other "job simulator" type games then it's one of the best.

For RPGs someone else mentioned New Vegas so seconding that...Also maybe the Mass Effect trilogy?

my tumblr - sim pics and downloads
my dreamwidth - ts2 downloads
linkdecrypter - bypass adfly and other harmful pay per click download link hiders
Field Researcher
#13 Old 2nd Sep 2014 at 8:38 AM
Quote: Originally posted by Legislacerator
Euro Truck Simulator 2. Seriously. It's one of those games that you think everyone is joking about being really good, until you actually get it. I can't really describe why it's so good but if you play other "job simulator" type games then it's one of the best.

For RPGs someone else mentioned New Vegas so seconding that...Also maybe the Mass Effect trilogy?
What's your steam name? I have ETS2 with the MP addon!

I am MOHAAPlayer on Discord
Test Subject
#14 Old 2nd Sep 2014 at 8:26 PM
Try the earlier Fallout games, they are available cheaply as a collection now,
also Zoo Tycoon 1, Neverwinter Nights, Icewind Dale 1 & 2.
Field Researcher
#15 Old 4th Sep 2014 at 5:34 AM
I recommend the Phantasy Star series. Amazing games.

I'm thinking all through the night
I could be yours just like before
Rewrite another try
'Cause we've had the loneliest time
Lab Assistant
#16 Old 7th Sep 2014 at 3:15 AM
Even if your computer won't play dragon age, you can get it and its successors for the 360. It's definitely worth the cash, even has replay value if you ask me. It's my favorite RPG of all time. Another really good option for the 360 is Kingdoms of Amalur: Reckoning. Absolutely expansive world. Rivals Skyrim. Bit easier to play though.
#17 Old 7th Sep 2014 at 5:59 PM
Quote: Originally posted by withoutmywings
Even if your computer won't play dragon age, you can get it and its successors for the 360. It's definitely worth the cash, even has replay value if you ask me. It's my favorite RPG of all time. Another really good option for the 360 is Kingdoms of Amalur: Reckoning. Absolutely expansive world. Rivals Skyrim. Bit easier to play though.

Forgot to mention Kingdoms of Amalur and Skyrim, but they're both really good games. I have both for 360, though I haven't been playing Kingdoms of Amalur as much since I got Skyrim. My thoughts: Skyrim is pretty addictive, and if you do get the game, I don't recommend doing all the quests at once.

Life is paradoxically coincidental to the ironical tyranny applicable to the unparalleled definition of reverse entropy.

"A thunderstorm breaks the wall of darkness." - Lyrics to Storm

"Meh." - me