Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
MTS has all free content, all the time. Find out how YOU can help to keep it running. Tell me how...

Wolfdude's Alcohol mod

by Wolfdude Posted 2nd Nov 2017 at 5:48 PM - Updated 8th Nov 2017 at 6:19 PM by Wolfdude

108 Comments / Replies (Who?) - 63 Feedback Posts, 44 Thanks Posts
Hide Thanks Posts for this thread (Show only feedback)
Page 2 of 5
Test Subject
Original Poster
#26 Old 6th Nov 2017 at 5:29 AM
Quote: Originally posted by Miss Puff
That makes sense to me, just have it like you have drunk > wasted, where buzzed > drunk only occurs if you keep drinking after you have the buzzed buff already.

Yeah, after thinking about it it does make more sense to have it like that so I'll be adding that to the changes I have planned for the next update!
Test Subject
Original Poster
#27 Old 6th Nov 2017 at 5:44 AM
Quote: Originally posted by cinthila
I tend to agree with everybody. I love this mod, I tried it yesterday and it's nice to finally see the consequences of my sims' heavy drinking tendencies. However, I do feel like drunk after just one drink is too quick. I drink, i would say, should have no effect just a happy moddlet 'cause a drink helps relax. Than, second drink, buzzed; third drink, maybe drunk or like very tipsy; fourth is drunk (if third was very tipsy) or wasted. And then, hangover !!
I also think that that the first moddlet should be a happy or energized, which is quite realistic i think for the 2 first drinks. Maybe the dazzed moodlet can show up after the 3rd drink, when the sim is actually drunk and can feel a bit weird.

Anyway, those are my thoughts on your great project and I hope you like them !

Yeah, it does make sense for it to take more drinks for the buzzed and drunk buff to kick in so I've come up with a solution to change that to something similar to what you stated and thus I'll be updating the mod soon!
Test Subject
Original Poster
#28 Old 6th Nov 2017 at 5:54 AM
Quote: Originally posted by ciarayoo
Someone add the strings for leniad's alcohol drinks cc! http://sims4studio.com/thread/6924/...upboard?page=10

Oooh, it would be pretty cool to add the buffs to their drinks! Although it would probably be best if they did it themselves because it would require modifying their cc instead of my mod to work. Maybe if people requested them to do so they'd consider it?
Test Subject
Original Poster
#29 Old 6th Nov 2017 at 6:16 AM
Quote: Originally posted by KyoSay
First, this is awesome! I can't wait to try it out. It sounds hilarious and simply fabulous, particularly with no bad consequences yet. I LOVE that there are stages to this. Adds nice detail that can lead to some fun variability. I did want to know, do you know if this will conflict with the "Drink, drank, drunk" mod by Candyd at all? I believe that it is also on MTS and is going for a better drinking experience with sims as well, so I expect that similar modification was needed of the drink files. Regardless, this is great. Can't wait for future versions. If you do make a death consequences version, could you also please make a no overdose version too. Just so my problem drinkers don't die when I'm not looking.

Yeah, unfortunately since it does modify the same files it probably would conflict with their mod. As for a deathless version, I'm not sure but I'll think about it at least! Especially because of how sims seem to love ordering lots of drinks autonomously at the bar!
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#30 Old 6th Nov 2017 at 10:34 PM
Hello! I just wanna thank you for the mod, and say that i'm very exited about it! I'd like to ask you to include the affects to the nectars, they kind look like wine, and could be pretty cool, and i'd like to suggest too, the possibility of using a funny walk style, like the one where the sims who have became young adults and had a bad emotional development have or any that is as funny as that! THANK YOU VERY MUCH, YOUR MOD IS VERY APPRECIATED!
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#31 Old 6th Nov 2017 at 11:20 PM
Awesome Mod!!!
Lab Assistant
THANKS POST
#32 Old 7th Nov 2017 at 6:38 AM
Seems awesome! Can't wait to try, kinda needed an upgrade from the 'drink drank drunk' mod
Field Researcher
#33 Old 7th Nov 2017 at 9:28 AM
Are they supposed to get drunk after just one drink?
Test Subject
#34 Old 7th Nov 2017 at 12:02 PM
lol! finally my drinking problem sims will be more realistic. i am so appreciative for all of you cc creators who add some realism/personality to the game
Test Subject
Original Poster
#35 Old 8th Nov 2017 at 6:36 PM
Quote: Originally posted by lioness21
Are they supposed to get drunk after just one drink?

For now yes, although I plan to change it soon so that it takes more drinks to get drunk.
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#36 Old 9th Nov 2017 at 12:38 AM
Love it! Does it work with the newest patch?
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#37 Old 9th Nov 2017 at 5:59 AM
So, my Sim has been pretty much nailing everything with legs for some time, but now, he's found THE ONE. He decided it was time to clean up his act, and get free of all his romantic entanglements, except for THE ONE. He threw a big party and invited every single Sim who had a thing for him in the world... and friend-zoned every one of them. It was a sacrifice he was willing to make for true love. The next day, he presented himself to his darling... and DARLING SHOT HIM DOWN. And the next day, and the next. Bereft, he went to a nightclub to drown his sorrows... he drank and he drank and he drank...
But NOTHING AT ALL HAPPENED! AUGH!
So thanks for this mod! My Sim can finally drink himself into a coma. Yer awesome! Can't wait for updates. <3
Lab Assistant
#38 Old 9th Nov 2017 at 9:17 AM
Quote: Originally posted by Wolfdude
I think you might've misunderstood me. The percentage is applied to the drinks, so rather than it being like different sims having different tolerances, it's more like every sim has a tolerance that fluctuates up and down so it'll end up taking different amounts of drinks every time to get drunk. However, I think I've thought up a decent solution! I can't believe it hadn't occurred to me before, but it's actually possible to make hidden buffs, which could be quite useful! For example, I could make it so that when a sim has the first drink, the hidden buff gets added (although maybe I could also just make a simple happy buff with no effects like Cinthila suggested) 100% of the time, but once a sim has a second or third drink it'll progress to just the buzzed buff by itself, and after another drink or two, progresses to the drunk buff. Also, if I can figure out exactly how to go about it, I could also maybe make another hidden buff that lasts for many days that gets added when a sim drinks frequently and makes it so that it takes more drinks for the sim to get buzzed and drunk to sort of make it like their tolerance increased, and it could probably be the precursor to addiction if the sim keeps on drinking a lot. Since all I have for the tolerance part is a general idea of how it would work it would probably be a while before it actually gets implemented though but hopefully, it will be a nice improvement to the mod when it does!

That would be the ideal thing to do. I have used another similar mod that get the sim drunk from the first drink itself but I had taken it out of my game because it was annoying. I don't always make my sims drink to get drunk. One drink makes a sim drunk is too excessive. maybe 3 or 4 would be ideal. Perhaps you can add sickness or vomiting to the hangover stage? Sickness is there in the game and vomiting animation is there too when the sim gets pregnant. I hope at least you can do things as you described them because that will make the mod super useful.
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#39 Old 9th Nov 2017 at 10:23 PM
Will this be updated?
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#40 Old 9th Nov 2017 at 11:46 PM
Why must people not thank the glorious mod creators?! THANK YOU for your time!
Test Subject
#41 Old 10th Nov 2017 at 1:45 AM
I think you might've misunderstood me. The percentage is applied to the drinks, so rather than it being like different sims having different tolerances, it's more like every sim has a tolerance that fluctuates up and down so it'll end up taking different amounts of drinks every time to get drunk. However, I think I've thought up a decent solution! I can't believe it hadn't occurred to me before, but it's actually possible to make hidden buffs, which could be quite useful! For example, I could make it so that when a sim has the first drink, the hidden buff gets added (although maybe I could also just make a simple happy buff with no effects like Cinthila suggested) 100% of the time, but once a sim has a second or third drink it'll progress to just the buzzed buff by itself, and after another drink or two, progresses to the drunk buff. Also, if I can figure out exactly how to go about it, I could also maybe make another hidden buff that lasts for many days that gets added when a sim drinks frequently and makes it so that it takes more drinks for the sim to get buzzed and drunk to sort of make it like their tolerance increased, and it could probably be the precursor to addiction if the sim keeps on drinking a lot. Since all I have for the tolerance part is a general idea of how it would work it would probably be a while before it actually gets implemented though but hopefully, it will be a nice improvement to the mod when it does!

People drink, no one whom I know gets drunk with one drink, even the sim equivalent of one beer gets my Sim dazed with a hangover, plus there are no benefits to your mod, people also drink in real life for benefits, Your mod doesn't address stress relief, happiness, just flirtiness a tiny bit, other than that,nada, just harmful impacts. I think you made this mod subconsciously being judgemental, possibly made to forewarn the children about the evils of alcohol. Uninstalling, hopefully someone will make a better, more realistic one.
Test Subject
#42 Old 10th Nov 2017 at 2:39 AM Last edited by llPrincessll : 25th Jan 2022 at 4:38 PM.
So happy I found this mod! Thank you!
Lab Assistant
#43 Old 10th Nov 2017 at 4:33 AM
Does this work with November 7 patch?
I think its not, my sims feel nothing
Test Subject
Original Poster
#44 Old 10th Nov 2017 at 7:36 AM
Quote: Originally posted by Lalata
Love it! Does it work with the newest patch?

Yeah! I did some quick testing and it works fine with both the patch and the Cats and Dogs pack.
Test Subject
Original Poster
#45 Old 10th Nov 2017 at 7:42 AM
Quote: Originally posted by SherwoodSpirit
So, my Sim has been pretty much nailing everything with legs for some time, but now, he's found THE ONE. He decided it was time to clean up his act, and get free of all his romantic entanglements, except for THE ONE. He threw a big party and invited every single Sim who had a thing for him in the world... and friend-zoned every one of them. It was a sacrifice he was willing to make for true love. The next day, he presented himself to his darling... and DARLING SHOT HIM DOWN. And the next day, and the next. Bereft, he went to a nightclub to drown his sorrows... he drank and he drank and he drank...
But NOTHING AT ALL HAPPENED! AUGH!
So thanks for this mod! My Sim can finally drink himself into a coma. Yer awesome! Can't wait for updates. <3

Haha, yes! I've had several similar moments where my sims not being able to get drunk just kills the mood of what's happening in the game. It's kinda part of what motivated me to make this mod!
Test Subject
Original Poster
#46 Old 10th Nov 2017 at 7:43 AM
Quote: Originally posted by zach615g
Will this be updated?

Yes, I do plan on updating it soon with several improvements!
Test Subject
Original Poster
#47 Old 10th Nov 2017 at 7:46 AM
Quote: Originally posted by halimali
That would be the ideal thing to do. I have used another similar mod that get the sim drunk from the first drink itself but I had taken it out of my game because it was annoying. I don't always make my sims drink to get drunk. One drink makes a sim drunk is too excessive. maybe 3 or 4 would be ideal. Perhaps you can add sickness or vomiting to the hangover stage? Sickness is there in the game and vomiting animation is there too when the sim gets pregnant. I hope at least you can do things as you described them because that will make the mod super useful.

I actually did attempt to make vomiting something that would occasionally occur during the hangover, although I'm not entirely sure what I did wrong because it didn't work. I can totally give it another shot though!
Test Subject
Original Poster
#48 Old 10th Nov 2017 at 8:39 AM
Quote: Originally posted by imJustMexoxo
Does this work with November 7 patch?
I think its not, my sims feel nothing

Hmm, that's odd. I tested it out myself and it works fine with both the patch and Cats and Dogs installed. Did you make sure that you re-enabled mods and that there aren't any other mods that might conflict with it?
Test Subject
Original Poster
#49 Old 10th Nov 2017 at 9:00 AM
Quote: Originally posted by edchuckndoug
People drink, no one whom I know gets drunk with one drink, even the sim equivalent of one beer gets my Sim dazed with a hangover, plus there are no benefits to your mod, people also drink in real life for benefits, Your mod doesn't address stress relief, happiness, just flirtiness a tiny bit, other than that,nada, just harmful impacts. I think you made this mod subconsciously being judgemental, possibly made to forewarn the children about the evils of alcohol. Uninstalling, hopefully someone will make a better, more realistic one.

Woah, ok now. First of all, like I said before, I made it so sims got drunk on the first drink because I hadn't yet figured out how to make it so that it would take several drinks to get drunk because in case you missed it, I'm new to modding. Heck, this is literally my second mod, my first one being nothing more than a very simple tuning mod.
Second of all, like I said in the description this is just a very basic version that I plan to add much more to. Yes, there's not really many benefits right now, but at the same time, the only real negative impacts the mod has at the moment are the increased bladder and energy decay, and the hangover.
Lastly, that last part of your comment makes absolutely no sense. I'm a social drinker myself, so what you're telling me is that I'm being judgemental towards myself and many of my friends? If anything the only one who seems to be judgemental here is you. Also, "forewarning the children about the evils of alcohol" is completely the opposite of what I stand for, which is that people should be taught about both the benefits and the risks from a non-biased viewpoint, how to avoid those risks and how to use alcohol responsibly using pure facts and 0 fearmongering, so how you got any of that from just my mod is beyond me. Anyway, if you really disliked my mod so much then fine, it doesn't bother me. I guess you can't really please everyone but what's important is to focus on those who appreciate my mod and are supportive of it, which I'm really deeply thankful for.
Lab Assistant
#50 Old 10th Nov 2017 at 3:16 PM
Woah, ok now. First of all, like I said before, I made it so sims got drunk on the first drink because I hadn't yet figured out how to make it so that it would take several drinks to get drunk because in case you missed it, I'm new to modding. Heck, this is literally my second mod, my first one being nothing more than a very simple tuning mod.
Second of all, like I said in the description this is just a very basic version that I plan to add much more to. Yes, there's not really many benefits right now, but at the same time, the only real negative impacts the mod has at the moment are the increased bladder and energy decay, and the hangover.
Lastly, that last part of your comment makes absolutely no sense. I'm a social drinker myself, so what you're telling me is that I'm being judgemental towards myself and many of my friends? If anything the only one who seems to be judgemental here is you. Also, "forewarning the children about the evils of alcohol" is completely the opposite of what I stand for, which is that people should be taught about both the benefits and the risks from a non-biased viewpoint, how to avoid those risks and how to use alcohol responsibly using pure facts and 0 fearmongering, so how you got any of that from just my mod is beyond me. Anyway, if you really disliked my mod so much then fine, it doesn't bother me. I guess you can't really please everyone but what's important is to focus on those who appreciate my mod and are supportive of it, which I'm really deeply thankful for.

Your mod is great, and you've finally done what many refused do to (at least when I asked). Same for a smoke mod.
If I may, I think you shouldn't pay attention to ppl criticizing your wor, 'cause in this case it's useless. No one is forced to download the mod, so if you don't like it, it's fine ! Also, reading the comments and what is being said could have prevented such outburst... Obviously, the point is not to make a judgy mod, and y'oure actually doing your best to improve it to our (users) liking.
So carry on, you're doing great and i'm very grateful 'cause even though you're a beginner, you're doing more than most.
Page 2 of 5