Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
MTS has all free content, all the time. Find out how YOU can help to keep it running. Tell me how...

Wolfdude's Alcohol mod

by Wolfdude Posted 2nd Nov 2017 at 5:48 PM - Updated 8th Nov 2017 at 6:19 PM by Wolfdude

108 Comments / Replies (Who?) - 63 Feedback Posts, 44 Thanks Posts
Thanks are currently OFF: Show Thanks Posts for this thread
Page 3 of 5
Lab Assistant
THANKS POST
#51 Old 11th Nov 2017 at 4:16 AM
I love the mod! Can't wait to try it out, and is it still working fine after the Cats and Dogs patch?
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#52 Old 11th Nov 2017 at 7:14 AM
This is awesome! I can't mod to save my life, so I'm happy that you were able to come up with something like this that makes the game feel a bit more realistic.
Test Subject
Original Poster
#53 Old 11th Nov 2017 at 8:07 AM
Quote: Originally posted by cinthila
Your mod is great, and you've finally done what many refused do to (at least when I asked). Same for a smoke mod.
If I may, I think you shouldn't pay attention to ppl criticizing your wor, 'cause in this case it's useless. No one is forced to download the mod, so if you don't like it, it's fine ! Also, reading the comments and what is being said could have prevented such outburst... Obviously, the point is not to make a judgy mod, and y'oure actually doing your best to improve it to our (users) liking.
So carry on, you're doing great and i'm very grateful 'cause even though you're a beginner, you're doing more than most.

Thank you for the kind words, and yes you're right. Looking back at my response I think I spent way too much time typing it out. Maybe even replying at all in the first place was a waste of time. Like I said, you can't please everyone so of course there's going to be people who won't like it, so my main focus should be providing a satisfying experience for both myself and the people who enjoy my mod.
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#54 Old 11th Nov 2017 at 8:55 AM
genio gracias
Test Subject
#55 Old 12th Nov 2017 at 3:54 PM
Super mod! Unfortunately with a cat and a dog it does not work. When to wait for the update?
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#56 Old 13th Nov 2017 at 7:47 PM
Thank you so much for this great mod. I've been enjoying trying this out in my game. I love watching my sim's eyes when they get a bit sloshed. As I can't mod to save my life I'm grateful to modders like you who put the time and effort in to add an extra bit of zing to our games. The updates you mentioned sound brilliant. Once again, thank you.
Lab Assistant
THANKS POST
#57 Old 13th Nov 2017 at 9:20 PM
so this works with nov patch then? i hope so..I'm not getting the pets anyway s o should be ok!
Lab Assistant
#58 Old 14th Nov 2017 at 6:56 AM
Quote: Originally posted by Wolfdude
I actually did attempt to make vomiting something that would occasionally occur during the hangover, although I'm not entirely sure what I did wrong because it didn't work. I can totally give it another shot though!

That would be great! I hope you succeed.
I am going to install the mod now because right now it sounds very interesting. Well done.
Lab Assistant
#59 Old 15th Nov 2017 at 12:34 PM
The mod has been working for me since the patch, no issue. I don't have pets though so I can't confirm that there is no issues with the new EP.
I did realize, however, that my sims go straight to being sh*t faced after one single drink, whereas before I do believe it was gradual...
It's too much cause they get a hangover the next day even though they had one drink
Test Subject
#60 Old 16th Nov 2017 at 3:19 AM
I am very interested in downloading this mod but with reading the comments I want to wait for when you update it a little more. Do you have any idea when that will be? And thank you so much for taking the time to make this! Such a good idea and the negative comments obviously don't know how much work this takes and they need to be more thankful or just make their own stuff.
Lab Assistant
THANKS POST
#61 Old 16th Nov 2017 at 4:04 AM
Fantastic mod!!! Thank you!

Question...I created a few trait mods, but they are not showing up in the game though Script mods are enabled. How does one go about "updating" a trait mod? I apologize if this is a stupid question, but I am brand new to this CC stuff. Any help would be great
Instructor
#62 Old 16th Nov 2017 at 6:15 AM
Quote: Originally posted by Kylierenee27
I am very interested in downloading this mod but with reading the comments I want to wait for when you update it a little more. Do you have any idea when that will be? And thank you so much for taking the time to make this! Such a good idea and the negative comments obviously don't know how much work this takes and they need to be more thankful or just make their own stuff.

EXACTLY! Some people's comments are really pointless. Nobody is forced to download anything. You guys better learn how to appreciate and give more credit to the modders whether you like a mod or not because after all it is a lot of time/work input. Lots of modders quit because of rude ppl like you!
Lab Assistant
#63 Old 16th Nov 2017 at 11:26 PM
Quote: Originally posted by edchuckndoug
People drink, no one whom I know gets drunk with one drink, even the sim equivalent of one beer gets my Sim dazed with a hangover, plus there are no benefits to your mod, people also drink in real life for benefits, Your mod doesn't address stress relief, happiness, just flirtiness a tiny bit, other than that,nada, just harmful impacts. I think you made this mod subconsciously being judgemental, possibly made to forewarn the children about the evils of alcohol. Uninstalling, hopefully someone will make a better, more realistic one.

If you can do better, make one yourself. Wow, that was something else! Does every mod need to have a "benefit"? And maybe you need to know more people. There ARE some people who get tipsy with one drink. But the fact is, even if there aren't, this is a game, and this mod creator is simply doing his/her best to create a mod to improve the game in a way that needs some improvement. If the mod isn't for you, then don't install it and move on. Your negativity is frankly just RUDE.
Lab Assistant
#64 Old 16th Nov 2017 at 11:54 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Wolfdude
Woah, ok now. First of all, like I said before, I made it so sims got drunk on the first drink because I hadn't yet figured out how to make it so that it would take several drinks to get drunk because in case you missed it, I'm new to modding. Heck, this is literally my second mod, my first one being nothing more than a very simple tuning mod.
Second of all, like I said in the description this is just a very basic version that I plan to add much more to. Yes, there's not really many benefits right now, but at the same time, the only real negative impacts the mod has at the moment are the increased bladder and energy decay, and the hangover.
Lastly, that last part of your comment makes absolutely no sense. I'm a social drinker myself, so what you're telling me is that I'm being judgemental towards myself and many of my friends? If anything the only one who seems to be judgemental here is you. Also, "forewarning the children about the evils of alcohol" is completely the opposite of what I stand for, which is that people should be taught about both the benefits and the risks from a non-biased viewpoint, how to avoid those risks and how to use alcohol responsibly using pure facts and 0 fearmongering, so how you got any of that from just my mod is beyond me. Anyway, if you really disliked my mod so much then fine, it doesn't bother me. I guess you can't really please everyone but what's important is to focus on those who appreciate my mod and are supportive of it, which I'm really deeply thankful for.

Wolfdude - I applaude you for such a mature and well thought out response to this (closing my mouth - sitting on my hands to avoid saying what I'm REALLY thinking) person's reply. I wish I could say that I had the same type of mature response as you did. I really can't stand people who act out in such a manner as they did, and it came spilling out when I read it. I just realized I forgot to tell you 'THANK YOU' for your hard work and a job well done on this mod. Especially since it's only your 2nd mod! Great work! I'll look forward to seeing what else you come up with in the future! :D
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#65 Old 17th Nov 2017 at 1:25 AM
Thank goodness for out-of-the-box modders! This is the type of mod that actually brings back depth of character to the sims again. I'll be eagerly waiting for updates and more content!
Test Subject
#66 Old 17th Nov 2017 at 2:43 AM
Quote: Originally posted by edchuckndoug
People drink, no one whom I know gets drunk with one drink, even the sim equivalent of one beer gets my Sim dazed with a hangover, plus there are no benefits to your mod, people also drink in real life for benefits, Your mod doesn't address stress relief, happiness, just flirtiness a tiny bit, other than that,nada, just harmful impacts. I think you made this mod subconsciously being judgemental, possibly made to forewarn the children about the evils of alcohol. Uninstalling, hopefully someone will make a better, more realistic one.

What kind of soapbox, public service announcement horseshit is that. You're not going to get every detail of real life with a mod because the "good people" at EA didn't set it up to be that way. These modders gotta use what is available in the engine of the game to make it work.

And I do believe that this mod works with Leniad's liquors because I tested it on a few Sims and they were getting drunk as f-ck off some Applejack and Moonshine so the buffs were showing up even with that liquor.

Go on back to playing your socially conscience bullshit game. I want an adult game and thanks to Wolf's mod I got drunks, with Base I got drinking and drugs, turbo I got drunk hookers and other seedy underworld stuff, and with Sacrificial I get to have people beat the hell out of some drunks. Now because of Cats and Dogs I'm gonna have Rots and Pitbulls biting people and mauling their asses.
Lab Assistant
THANKS POST
#67 Old 17th Nov 2017 at 9:43 PM
I didn't know I needed this! I'm greatly excited about the future installations of this mod!
Lab Assistant
#68 Old 20th Nov 2017 at 9:03 PM
Quote: Originally posted by DakMamba88
What kind of soapbox, public service announcement horseshit is that. You're not going to get every detail of real life with a mod because the "good people" at EA didn't set it up to be that way. These modders gotta use what is available in the engine of the game to make it work.

And I do believe that this mod works with Leniad's liquors because I tested it on a few Sims and they were getting drunk as f-ck off some Applejack and Moonshine so the buffs were showing up even with that liquor.

Go on back to playing your socially conscience bullshit game. I want an adult game and thanks to Wolf's mod I got drunks, with Base I got drinking and drugs, turbo I got drunk hookers and other seedy underworld stuff, and with Sacrificial I get to have people beat the hell out of some drunks. Now because of Cats and Dogs I'm gonna have Rots and Pitbulls biting people and mauling their asses.

Best comment ever!
Lab Assistant
THANKS POST
#69 Old 21st Nov 2017 at 10:09 PM
great mod, this, thanks Wolfdude!
Test Subject
#70 Old 23rd Nov 2017 at 11:23 PM
This is a really cool mod! I wondering if it would work for the custom drinks? I have a lot! Even some wines and a Distillery, so it would be great if my sims could get drunk for drinking to much vodka and wine..
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#71 Old 3rd Dec 2017 at 11:04 PM
Awesome mod. I'm all for adding a "little" realism to Sims 4. Kinda funny, I sometimes catch myself talking to my screen saying "no no no no" when one of my sims decide to sprint for the bar a couple hours before work.

Looking forward to the future updates you mentioned. Once you figure out how to make it take multiple drinks before going straight to dazed and uncomfortable, the mod will be golden. I imagine whatever code/logic you used to create the wasted buff, might work for multiple drinks? Something like, first drink, you get the happy buff. But if you stop there, it just goes away after a while. Keep going, you get an upgraded buff based on sim personality, such as.. sims that are evil/emotional/temperamental have a chance to get angry+2 or sad+2, etc, but otherwise get happy+2. But when this +2 wears off, this buff triggers the drunk/dazed like normal. Drink more while the +2 is still in effect, and you risk skipping straight to wasted, maybe with chance modified by body size? Anyway, just some ideas. Good mod!
Edit: typos
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#72 Old 6th Dec 2017 at 4:29 AM
I've been looking forward to a mod like this! You're awesome!

The only issue that I have though is that I can't get past the buzzed buff. My sim literally spent the whole day making drinks and drinking yet she can't get drunk or wasted.
Test Subject
#73 Old 9th Dec 2017 at 7:21 AM
Quote: Originally posted by DakMamba88

You are awesome!
Test Subject
#74 Old 10th Dec 2017 at 6:20 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Mechanos
Awesome mod. I'm all for adding a "little" realism to Sims 4. Kinda funny, I sometimes catch myself talking to my screen saying "no no no no" when one of my sims decide to sprint for the bar a couple hours before work.

Looking forward to the future updates you mentioned. Once you figure out how to make it take multiple drinks before going straight to dazed and uncomfortable, the mod will be golden. I imagine whatever code/logic you used to create the wasted buff, might work for multiple drinks? Something like, first drink, you get the happy buff. But if you stop there, it just goes away after a while. Keep going, you get an upgraded buff based on sim personality, such as.. sims that are evil/emotional/temperamental have a chance to get angry+2 or sad+2, etc, but otherwise get happy+2. But when this +2 wears off, this buff triggers the drunk/dazed like normal. Drink more while the +2 is still in effect, and you risk skipping straight to wasted, maybe with chance modified by body size? Anyway, just some ideas. Good mod!
Edit: typos

This would be amazing yeah. If the mod had variable effects based on how many drinks you have and/or personality traits, body type, etc. Thatd be amazing!
Lab Assistant
THANKS POST
#75 Old 17th Dec 2017 at 3:55 AM
I just so happened to be looking for a mod like this thank you for making one without my having to request it,look forward to future versions from what you said in the original posts.

lol now my sims can drink,smoke, and do drugs with the addition of this mod

I wish I could grasp the modding things I haven't even figured out how to make a simple tuning mod yet.

I depend on you and other modders that can figure it out to make the stuff I want to add again many thanks for taking the time to make this
Page 3 of 5