Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
MTS has all free content, all the time. Find out how YOU can help to keep it running. Tell me how...

Functional Sofa Bed and Chair Bed - IKEA EKTORP

by Lamare Posted 11th Feb 2018 at 1:24 PM - Updated 10th Aug 2021 at 12:30 PM by Lamare

75 Comments / Replies (Who?) - 38 Feedback Posts, 36 Thanks Posts
Thanks are currently OFF: Show Thanks Posts for this thread
Page 2 of 4
just a girl
Original Poster
#26 Old 14th Feb 2018 at 6:26 PM
Quote: Originally posted by smorbie1
That's quite all right. I don't know what I was thinking, anyway. I guess I was thinking of some kind of global mod.

Global mod that could turn every existing sofa into sofa bed? Yeah, I wish, but in this case it's one object at a time. Or I should say, two objects. Two new meshes, shadows, all that.
I'd love to have more sofa beds myself, so I've nothing against your idea. Maybe I will make some more. Maybe someone else will (I hope!).
Lab Assistant
THANKS POST
#27 Old 14th Feb 2018 at 8:02 PM
This is one of the coolest ideas I've seen come out for Sims yet! Think of the space-saving possibilities! I actually have guest beds like these in my home in real life! Thank you so much for making these lovely mods. I do enjoy seeing realism in the Sims 2 once in a while.
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#28 Old 14th Feb 2018 at 10:26 PM
Thank you! This is great :D

Can I just ask (sorry if this is a silly question) - what do you mean by delete cache files before going in game? Thanks
just a girl
Original Poster
#29 Old 15th Feb 2018 at 5:05 AM
@emj192, here you go: http://modthesims.info/wiki.php?tit...ete_Cache_Files

When you add new custom content it's best to delete groups and possibly accessories.

Me, I cleared these two files and made them read only, so they're always empty, because I test often and got sick of deleting them all the time. But I'm not qualified to recommend that to others.
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#30 Old 15th Feb 2018 at 12:19 PM
This is exactly what I have been looking for AGES. Thank you so much, it works perfectly! :)
Mad Poster
THANKS POST
#31 Old 17th Feb 2018 at 1:28 PM
Thank you
Field Researcher
#32 Old 18th Feb 2018 at 1:18 AM
This looks amazing and I would love to try it! But, even if we are certain this is not your creations' issue (I am the only one with this problem after all), do you have any idea why these flash blue?
just a girl
Original Poster
#33 Old 18th Feb 2018 at 2:30 AM
@Annorah, sorry to hear that. Do you have any default replacements for original Ikea sofa or something like that? Something that would change it's model name or textures or anything like that. It's my first guess.
Top Secret Researcher
THANKS POST
#34 Old 18th Feb 2018 at 4:37 AM
This is an awesome idea. Congrats and thanks for this!
Test Subject
#35 Old 23rd Feb 2018 at 8:41 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Lamare
@emj192, here you go: http://modthesims.info/wiki.php?tit...ete_Cache_Files

When you add new custom content it's best to delete groups and possibly accessories.

Me, I cleared these two files and made them read only, so they're always empty, because I test often and got sick of deleting them all the time. But I'm not qualified to recommend that to others.

Thanks Lamare
Lab Assistant
THANKS POST
#36 Old 26th Feb 2018 at 5:13 AM
Hey! Love these objects. Just a question: I had a coffee table in front of my sofabed with a decorative object on it and after the first use the decorative object disappears when the sofabed is folded. Am I doomed to a fate of undecorated coffee tables or am I doing something wrong? (I do have your bed unmade bedding/object hiding mod too of course).
just a girl
Original Poster
#37 Old 26th Feb 2018 at 6:36 AM
Quote: Originally posted by kittenn1011
Hey! Love these objects. Just a question: I had a coffee table in front of my sofabed with a decorative object on it and after the first use the decorative object disappears when the sofabed is folded. Am I doomed to a fate of undecorated coffee tables or am I doing something wrong? (I do have your bed unmade bedding/object hiding mod too of course).

Yeah, it's bed unmade mod's doing
I guess, you're doomed then.
Lab Assistant
#38 Old 26th Feb 2018 at 10:47 PM
Yeah, it's bed unmade mod's doing
I guess, you're doomed then.

Darn. :P
Mad Poster
THANKS POST
#39 Old 2nd Mar 2018 at 6:58 AM
Thanks!I'd love these in my sim's apartments.
Field Researcher
THANKS POST
#40 Old 5th Mar 2018 at 9:44 PM
Thanks for this! I love it!!
Inventor
#41 Old 11th Apr 2018 at 11:48 AM
Hey, @Lamare. I've been using this in my game and it works great so far. Just one thing though - when sims go for ACR woohoo, they might use the sofa while the bed's hidden and they start woohooing while floating. I'm still keeping it and it's not a problem for me at all, but just thought you might want to know in case someone else says the same thing.
just a girl
Original Poster
#42 Old 11th Apr 2018 at 10:10 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Sketching
Hey, @Lamare. I've been using this in my game and it works great so far. Just one thing though - when sims go for ACR woohoo, they might use the sofa while the bed's hidden and they start woohooing while floating. I'm still keeping it and it's not a problem for me at all, but just thought you might want to know in case someone else says the same thing.

Thank you, @Sketching I'll see what I can do about it.
Inventor
#43 Old 12th Apr 2018 at 6:36 AM
Thanks for looking into it, Lamare. The beds are great sanity and space savers.
Test Subject
#44 Old 19th May 2018 at 2:37 PM
How to deleted crash file?
just a girl
Original Poster
#45 Old 20th May 2018 at 2:53 PM
Quote: Originally posted by aikqnextgen
How to deleted crash file?

Sorry, I didn't understand your question. Maybe you could rephrase it.
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#46 Old 22nd May 2018 at 6:59 PM
I know I am going to enjoy using this, I just love it.
just a girl
Original Poster
#47 Old 25th Jun 2018 at 5:40 PM
Default Update
Here's what changed:
1. Clickable areas on beds are better now (still not perfect, though).
2. Sims won't use hidden parts of sofa/bed for modded autonomous actions (concerns ACR and the such).

Thank you to @Sketching for reporting the issue with ACR.
Inventor
#48 Old 31st Jul 2018 at 7:35 AM
Thanks, Lamare, and no problem. I haven't noticed any other issues with sims using the hidden bed/sofa for ACR and other modded actions. I'll let you know if I find anything else. Keep up the good work!
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#49 Old 6th Oct 2018 at 6:56 PM
Un grand grand merci, j'attendais des clic clac bien avant que les sims 4 arrivent je n'avais pas les sims 2 ry je l'avais demandé dans les sims 3 car trop de petites maisons et pas de places pour faire dormir tous les sims. Vu que je ne joue plus du tout aux sims 4 que je ne regrette pas . la seule chose que je regrette des sims 3 c'est le lit du futiir ou on pouvait sélectionné les rêves alors merci pour votre création zt surtout n'abandonnez pas car je trouve dommage que bcp de créateurs ont abandonnés leurs merveilleuses créations ou mods dommage encore merci a vous
Lab Assistant
#50 Old 2nd Apr 2019 at 1:19 AM
@Annorah, sorry to hear that. Do you have any default replacements for original Ikea sofa or something like that? Something that would change it's model name or textures or anything like that. It's my first guess.

Same problem here. No replacements
Page 2 of 4