Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Mad Poster
Original Poster
#1 Old 12th Jul 2018 at 9:46 AM
Default Architects and Clients
I hope this sort of challenge is allowed.

In this challenge, members kinda put themselves into either one of the two (given by the Title) at any time and roleplay:
  • Architects take request from one of the clients and tackle the concept/dream/idea. Architects are allowed to reconstruct an existing house with new architectural features or redesign a specific interior design of an house, when and if inquired by the client.
  • Clients, by setting a theme, a location (a specific world of the specific situated lot or just a plain new lot with or without recommendation to fit a suitable style to suit the world's theme) and a certain limited budget, can challenge the Architects to create the house or build of any kind they request the builder to take in.

File sharing (for houses and lots) is allowed, though at least include a picture of your creation If you aren't asked to or feel like uploading your work for others to download&install.

Ok, I'll start as an example. I would like a 4 bedroom house, three for my children of different three ages, for my Amish family. Could include an include bedroom for or plain guest room. Maybe even a basement/attic. All under no more than 40,000§.

P.S. Sorry for my bad english.
Advertisement
Mad Poster
Original Poster
#2 Old 12th Jul 2018 at 1:59 PM
Oh, I forgot to mention. Clients can, or should I say they should specify the requirements for what content can be used: what expansion packs, stuff packs, and store content can be used. As for CC goes, we should keep this challenge inclusive as possible for everyone that prefers vanilla setting, so those things and modded objects can also be recommended amenities, but only still optional (so include an idea what vanilla things can be used as a replacement). And clients can upload there lots here for builders to take them and give a complete makeover over a specific section of the house/backyard.

Lab Assistant
#3 Old 14th Jul 2018 at 12:20 AM
I tried, sorry for ugly edit town pics, I didn't get to test it in live mode yet. It has all 4 bedrooms, 2 bathrooms, a basement, free space for garden, and is almost exactly 40k. Also I realized I forgot to recolor some stuff like the kitchen counters and bathroom stuff, might have to go back and change that a bit.
So is this supposed to work like a chain and I post a request now, or can anyone be the "client" at any time?
Screenshots
Mad Poster
Original Poster
#4 Old 14th Jul 2018 at 3:14 PM
Excellent! Looks lovely Well, not necessary a chain, but to kick in for people to participate why not you suggest your own request? And yes anyone can be the client by leaving out a request and anyone can be a builder (doesn't have to meet a building scale/skill criteria) by taking in someone's (client's) request. If the client isn't, (s)he lets us know and maybe someone else can tackle the request or the same builder could redo their work and try again.

Lab Assistant
#5 Old 16th Jul 2018 at 11:17 AM
Alright, I added a better pic dump from life mode and uploaded it on simfileshare: download
The nursery uses the Lullabies and Nursery Rhymes store set and I also used some of the free holiday stuff from the store (Harvest Bounty, Fall Fruition and Earth Day ) No CC and I think I used something from all EPs except for ITF.
Cost (furnished): $39,944
Size: 30x30

Request: A family home with 3 bedrooms: one for the parents parents, one for the twin girls, and a third for another adopted child. Up to $55,000.
It's for a multicultural family (Bridgeport/China/adopted child from egypt) so the challenge would be to tastefully combine western, asian, and egyptian styles/decor in the house.
Should include a treasure room to lock away and display WA relics and cut gems.
All EPs, but no stuff packs or store content.

If someone wants to tackle this, have fun
The other one
#6 Old 16th Jul 2018 at 11:58 AM
Quote: Originally posted by SneakyWingPhoenix
Ok, I'll start as an example. I would like a 4 bedroom house, three for my children of different three ages, for my Amish family. Could include an include bedroom for or plain guest room. Maybe even a basement/attic. All under no more than 40,000§.

Ooh, I like this prompt, I love to play low tech, farming type sims You haven’t mentioned what content can be used: all EPs and SPs? Store sets? Cc? I’m guessing you want no tech and farming stuff (cows/bees/horses etc) are are encouraged?

Guys, rules are good! Rules help control the fun. ~ Monica E. Geller
The other one
#7 Old 16th Jul 2018 at 12:16 PM
As a client, I would like:

Lot Type: observatory (so the ITF career can be used in other towns)
Lot Size: No bigger than 30x30
EPs/SPs: All
Store content: Yes but don't use anything from Roaring heights, Monte Vista, Barnacle Bay or hidden springs.
CC: Must use ITF Rabbit hole rugs. Preferably no other CC unless you find something appropriate for the dome roof/telescope.
Style: Nothing too modern/futuristic. Should fit in most other towns.
Must haves: Logic and advanced tech skill building items. ITF rabbit hole rug.
Likes/Dislikes: Anything goes really.

This is space theme too so you can enter it in the monthly challenge Thought about doing it myself but I have a list of things I want to do >_<

Mad Poster
Original Poster
#8 Old 16th Jul 2018 at 2:00 PM
Quote: Originally posted by missroxor
Ooh, I like this prompt, I love to play low tech, farming type sims You haven’t mentioned what content can be used: all EPs and SPs? Store sets? Cc? I’m guessing you want no tech and farming stuff (cows/bees/horses etc) are are encouraged?

Anything goes. It's up to the client to chose what EP/SP/STORE content should be used for the builders to provide:
Oh, I forgot to mention. Clients can, or should I say they should specify the requirements for what content can be used: what expansion packs, stuff packs, and store content can be used. As for CC goes, we should keep this challenge inclusive as possible for everyone that prefers vanilla setting, so those things and modded objects can also be recommended amenities, but only still optional (so include an idea what vanilla things can be used as a replacement). And clients can upload there lots here for builders to take them and give a complete makeover over a specific section of the house/backyard.

The other one
#9 Old 16th Jul 2018 at 2:46 PM
Anything goes. It's up to the client to chose what EP/SP/STORE content should be used for the builders to provide:

I was talking about your client example: the amish house. You didn't say what EPs etc I, as the architect, could use. Though I started on it and I've been using most EPs/EPs.

Mad Poster
Original Poster
#10 Old 16th Jul 2018 at 3:38 PM
Just use any for my request