Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
MTS has all free content, all the time. Find out how YOU can help to keep it running. Tell me how...

Marriage: Last Name Chooser [FIXED 2008-10-26]

by Marhis Posted 11th Mar 2007 at 3:28 PM - Updated 16th Mar 2009 at 12:41 PM by Marhis : Reuploaded BV-FT version

295 Comments / Replies (Who?) - 256 Feedback Posts, 38 Thanks Posts
Hide Thanks Posts for this thread (Show only feedback)
Page 10 of 12
Scholar
#226 Old 26th Aug 2009 at 8:18 PM
Thanks!
Test Subject
#227 Old 1st Sep 2009 at 12:31 PM
Thanks so much for this :D

Wheeeeeeeeee!
Test Subject
#228 Old 4th Sep 2009 at 4:54 PM
this is great for celebrity marriages!!! thanks!!!
Test Subject
#229 Old 11th Oct 2009 at 11:33 PM
This is awesome-- I'd like to see something like this for Sims 3.
Test Subject
#230 Old 2nd Nov 2009 at 9:44 PM
Hey does this hack get rid of maxis wedding video or something?
#231 Old 3rd Nov 2009 at 6:23 PM
No. Why would you think it does?

This Space Intentionally Left Blank
Test Subject
#232 Old 5th Nov 2009 at 4:26 PM
I Do not know which version to download because I have the base game, NL, OB, FT, BV, Seasons, Pets, and AL. And I also have some of the EP's.
#233 Old 5th Nov 2009 at 9:06 PM
Thanks for posting, BDWilkerson; it reminded me to redownload now that I have AL installed. You need the AL version.

Test Subject
#234 Old 14th Nov 2009 at 10:18 PM
Just wondering, but what last name do their kids get then?
The mom's?

-GoGoBanANNA!
Lab Assistant
#235 Old 22nd Nov 2009 at 6:07 AM
This will come in handy for my game. What will happen when the couple have kids? whose surname will they get? Their mothers? Their fathers? Or both?

"He was my best friend. I would always love him, and it would never, ever be enough."- Bella Swan on her friendship with Jacob
#236 Old 23rd Nov 2009 at 5:09 PM
Kids get their BIRTH PARENT`s family name. ALWAYS.

Scholar
#237 Old 21st Dec 2009 at 9:18 PM
Brilliant - I have JM Pescado's Traditional-Marriage hack, though so far haven't installed it, as I've heard of challenges which rely on keeping the woman's last name! This will fit in MUCH better (and I don't HAVE to move in townies just so the man can make the final proposal!).
Test Subject
#238 Old 15th Mar 2010 at 4:48 AM
i loved this thing...helped me out. but then i had to erase ma computer...yadd-yadda...
anyways. i eventually kept ending up with one problem: when Judy Smith's picture would pop up in the box and say "Sim in icon", I'd always refer to it meaning Judy. But it would always be her partner. Meaning, after the marriage, I'd end up with Judy Jones. Now that isn't what I picked.
Maybe it has something to do with the following: triplets&quads, inteen, insim?
I didn't have any other major hacks. :p
Lab Assistant
#239 Old 16th Apr 2010 at 3:44 AM
Thanks so much for this..I made a mistake with one of my couples so now poor Sandy (crazy mansion aka maniac mansion sim) has the terrible full name of Sandy Smith since I did the traditional thing with David/Dave and had him ask for her hand in marriage since they are that kind of couple....unfortunately for Sandy that means that now her last name is Smith instead of Monroe, I'll have to fix my mistake in SimPE sometime now that I know how but this mod will help me from making the same mistake in the future. Hahaha!

And everybody...strange, last time I checked you could change household names in-game somehow (or was that through simpe? *confused* sorry) so why would you even need a mod for that? Unless I'm totally off my rocker here and not remembering things correctly. It's possible.
Test Subject
#240 Old 4th Jul 2010 at 3:46 AM
Marhis, you always think of the most bizarrely interesting things. I feel like I could go without these until I see them, and then I instantly know I NEED them. You're so great at modding. Keep up the good work.
Test Subject
#241 Old 6th Jul 2010 at 11:17 PM
Is there any way to do hyphenated names?
Test Subject
#242 Old 2nd Aug 2010 at 4:10 AM
Awesome mod, thank you. Taking a name is so outdated, might as well be nothing more than cattle. Makes me sick...if only engagement ring could also be wiped from the game.
Theorist
#243 Old 2nd Sep 2010 at 1:01 AM
Choice is good!
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#244 Old 4th Dec 2010 at 7:11 PM
Do This To The Sims 3!!!!
Lab Assistant
THANKS POST
#245 Old 21st Jan 2011 at 6:47 PM
Thanks a lot, this is really useful, especially when the wife's surname is much prettier than the husband's, or when I want to get rid of his surname, or when the sims getting married are from cultures in which no surname changes occur when people get married, or for homosexual marriages, or... gosh, the Last Name Chooser has so many uses, doesn't it? XD I love it! :D
Instructor
THANKS POST
#246 Old 18th Feb 2011 at 8:19 PM
Thank you! Can't wait to try it out
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#247 Old 23rd Feb 2011 at 12:51 AM
This is a question : Do yew have to download the hack first ?
Test Subject
#248 Old 24th Apr 2011 at 10:05 PM
Thanks so much! One question though, if my sims have a kid, and both parents (who are married) have different last names, what last name does this kiddo get?
Test Subject
#249 Old 22nd May 2011 at 1:33 AM
Quote: Originally posted by pookele
But whichever Sim is the one who "makes the call to the arch" - in other words, whoever is highlighted when you click the arch and invoke "get married/joined" - that's the Sim whose last name is taken.

So just be careful who you're currently playing when you click the arch.

Why did we need a hack for this?

What if you can't select one of those Sims? That's the reason.
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#250 Old 28th May 2011 at 11:35 AM
I'm finding this kind of hack for my future couple. so thank for your work ^ ^
Page 10 of 12