Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Quick Reply
Search this Thread
Test Subject
Original Poster
#1 Old 12th May 2023 at 2:42 AM
Default What happened to The Jessa Channel?
The Jessa Channel who is mostly known for her sim content has been inactive in recent years and I wanted to know if anyone knew what happened to her and her channel
Advertisement
Mad Poster
#2 Old 12th May 2023 at 6:57 AM Last edited by simmer22 : 12th May 2023 at 7:21 AM.
Maybe the Youtube algorithm just got to her in all the wrong ways - could be she needed a break from Youtube, found someplace else to post, or just doesn't post any longer.

Looks like she posted this video about a year back (it's linked in the "community" tab, and isn't under videos) - https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oTXw23GGe8I&t=0s

(There's a big difference between just sharing stuff for fun, and being expected to post stuff to feed the algorithm and/or earn money and/or keep people happy. At some point it's no longer just fun, but it starts wearing you out - no idea if that's what happened in her situation, but kind of getting that vibe from the video. It's been happening a lot with long-time simmers lately, and it's no wonder, really. After a lot of time playing the same games, interest can wear out and you can easily get burnouts too - especially if you're more or less expected to push out content all the time, get peppered with more requests than you can get through, don't get enough recognition for what you do, and on top of that get complaints or surly comments. Some simmers just need a break - long or short - to step back a bit and get their head back on the right track, or maybe let things cool down a bit if things have been a bit heated. And some simmers step entirely away from the community for good, for a variety of reasons. It's sad to see people disappear from the community, but it happens).
Lab Assistant
#3 Old 13th May 2023 at 4:14 AM
I miss her. <3