Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Test Subject
Original Poster
#1 Old 26th Jan 2010 at 10:54 PM
Default FESTIVE HOLIDAY STUFF - UK Only
Does FESTIVE HOLIDAY STUFF (UK) work with the US Version (specifically the Sims 2 Store Edition)?
Advertisement
Lab Assistant
#2 Old 27th Jan 2010 at 12:30 AM
Possibly not. Although, I don't have a clue :P
Lab Assistant
#3 Old 27th Jan 2010 at 1:20 AM
Abel, its unlike to just spring a post, when you don't know what the answer. But its okay, dude. And my opinon is that UK and US versions of Sims2 have different, er.... 'Qualities". Maxis and EA made them specificly unlike the other, sure, the base part is like our version, but its different in ways. The object(s) should work, but the experience ingame will be unnatural to us, since it is UK. Basicly, the downloads will be different, but by aroma of something unlike. So....... Here is your answer, SUMMED UP:
THEY WILL WORK BUT THEY WILL HAVE SOMETHING UNCOMMON TO THE USA VERSIONS. Sorry for the long post, just wanted to TRY to explain.

"If you want to be a hero, you must have dreams... and honor. Embrace your dreams. " - Angeal
Lab Assistant
#5 Old 23rd Nov 2010 at 8:54 PM
i found the "Festive" version dirt cheap so I installed it onto my US Sims 2. All the items are there cept for one thing, I can't get Santa to come!! I heard it was random but i'm on the 10th try - tree is out, baked santa cookies, everyone asleep/in bed by 9 (including infants & pet) but no Santa....waaaah!!!!!
Scholar
#6 Old 23rd Nov 2010 at 9:04 PM
I'm not sure about TS2, I actually never tried to get Santa, but to get him in TS1, you needed a fireplace, too.
Scholar
#7 Old 23rd Nov 2010 at 9:37 PM
I do believe in Ts2 you need Seasons installed to get Santa to come- Santa requires snow and I have never had him show up with no snow
world renowned whogivesafuckologist
retired moderator
#8 Old 23rd Nov 2010 at 9:46 PM
Santa definitely doesn't require Seasons - the Holiday SP came out long before Seasons. I think you need the holiday roast/cookies to have Santa come, and probably to have everyone asleep first (like burglars).

my simblr (sometimes nsfw)

“Dude, suckin’ at something is the first step to being sorta good at something.”
Panquecas, panquecas e mais panquecas.
Mad Poster
#9 Old 23rd Nov 2010 at 10:21 PM
You don't have to have everyone asleep. In my game santa always arrived soon after my sims finished baking the santa cookies, and the entire household was still awake. Also, there was a tree and the christmas lights were turned on. Maybe you should make sure you're using the official christmas trees that came with the stuff pack, not custom ones.