Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Quick Reply
Search this Thread
Instructor
Original Poster
#1 Old 18th Dec 2014 at 2:45 PM
Custom Shell Buildings
Hi guys,

I know, I have the Chocolate Maker project on hand. But I just couldn't focus. Recently I started to poke into making custom shell buildings again. The first thing to overcome is to find a way of making the new building actually show up in the catalog. As from my googling and my experiment, it seems that even if you clone a metropolitan building with unique numbering, and then making changes to the .dds of the appearance of the shells, the new object WON'T show up.

1. Could full clone in S3OC help?
2. I did see a custom shell that was never released (gosh, I thought I could peek into it!). But I don't know if it is actually an override of the mesh.
3. I tried writing up a new script because that is what's happening in EA's buildings. All have an unique script.
Code:
using Sims3.Gameplay.Abstracts;
using Sims3.Gameplay.Interfaces;
using Sims3.SimIFace;
using System;
using Sims3.Gameplay.Objects.Shells;

namespace Sims3.Gameplay.Objects.Simsmatthew_CustomShellsNew
{
	public class ShellWhiteLeoCentre : BuildableShell, IGenerateCarTraffic
	{
		[Tunable]
		public static BuildableShell.BuildableShellTuning kBuildableShellTuning = new BuildableShell.BuildableShellTuning();
		public override BuildableShell.BuildableShellTuning Tuning
		{
			get
			{
				return ShellBldngFinCntr32x34x74Var1.kBuildableShellTuning;
			}
		}
	}
}

But that didn't work.
What was the culprit????
Advertisement
Inventor
#2 Old 18th Dec 2014 at 3:18 PM
If you clone one without making any change (renumbering excluded), does it show up?
Instructor
Original Poster
#3 Old 19th Dec 2014 at 9:29 AM Last edited by SimsMatthew : 19th Dec 2014 at 1:10 PM.
No, it doesn't.

Full cloning, with or without custom script does not work. Sigh............
Instructor
Original Poster
#4 Old 22nd Dec 2014 at 5:52 AM
Guys, I found murfeel's tumblr has a shell that shows up. It is recoloured and does not override the original. http://murfeelee.tumblr.com/post/93...f-oasis-landing

Can you help me to find out the logic? I have PM-ed murfee but so far I had no reply.
Inventor
#5 Old 22nd Dec 2014 at 9:34 AM
I cloned the same shell normally and it shows up, but you are right,
some cloned shells don't show up in the catalog, I don't know why.
Instructor
Original Poster
#6 Old 22nd Dec 2014 at 9:45 AM
Really? I mean, that same shell you cloned show up??? Hmm.... interesting. At least I know that a lot don't.
Field Researcher
#7 Old 22nd Dec 2014 at 9:58 AM
Did you try returning the Tuning from your class and not an already present one, then create the XML in your package pointing to it (just copy the XML from ShellBldngFinCntr32x34x74Var1 and change the Instance ID) ? It may seem irrelevant but perhaps the game retrieves the shells to put in the catalog from the XMLs and not from the assembly. This would also explain why there's a public property to retrieve the Tuning class. It might as well not be why it's not showing but it's worth a try

Nothing's real. Nothing's unreal either.
The frontier between true and untrue is a shady fuzzy line.
Destiny, or maybe the long flight's time-span, shall decide the issue.