Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Site Helper
Original Poster
#1 Old 30th Jan 2019 at 2:42 PM
Default Fourth Collection
We've had a lot of requests that weren't worth keeping, but now there are a few that are worth keeping again.

Quote: Originally posted by dvdgamer2000
OK well I thought I was giving a good reason but I GUESS I can come up with a funny story. That said, humor is subjective.

When I registered here I was marked to be the 2000th of the DVDGAMER clan. The honorable title included an all-you-can-eat pancake bar and round-trip Greyhound tickets to Paris, Texas. In the excitement I registered with that name. Sadly, it turned out not to be the case. I was beaten to the title by a Martha President in Washington state. I was crushed. For years I was too ashamed to post because of my hubris. But now, as a man of a few more years I am trying to rectify the folly of my youth and end the facade that I was the honored two-thousandth member.

(Good one, Damon!)

I am Ghost. My husband is sidneydoj. I post, he downloads, and I wanted to keep my post count.
Group for Avatar Makers* Funny Stories *2017 Yearbook
Advertisement
Site Helper
Original Poster
#2 Old 30th Jan 2019 at 2:52 PM
And this series:

Quote: Originally posted by tomboy
Hello Admin.
I would like to change my name to Littlelamb.
I am getting a bit absent minder as iI get older and as my maiden name was Lamb it makes it easier for me to remember the above name. It is the same name I use on a number of sites for the same reason given here.
Thankyou

Quote: Originally posted by HugeLunatic
@tomboy That username already exists.

Can I use one of these please
Littlelambsie
Littleslamb
Lambkin
Lambfive

Quote: Originally posted by Ghost sdoj
You can check the availability of the name you want like this:
Quote:
Please always check to see if a username has been registered, by doing this:

http://www.modthesims.info/member/XXXXXXX

Where XXXXXXX is the username you want.

Pick the one you like best from your list and check it. Then you can ask for just one name and have a better chance of getting it.

Edit:
I checked littlelambsie and lambkin, and both seem to be free.

And while I'm at it: The funny story (Since this can easily be found on the internet...)

Mary had a little lamb
a little pork, a little jam
a little peas, a little toast
some pickles and a giant roast
an ice cream soda topped with fizz
Boy, how sick poor Mary is!

(And yes, I know it's old. I learned it on the playground in second grade, and then was very startled at dinner that night to discover that my dad also knew it!)

Yes I know that one also.

I would like to use Littlelambsie please

Quote: Originally posted by simsample
The one I learned at school was:

Mary had a mini skirt
With slits right up the sides
And every time she walked about
The boys could see her thighs

Mary had a mini skirt
With a slit right up the front
But she never wore that one.

I had not known of them before now.
Can you please tell me how long it will take for a decision to be made concerning my name change.
If my name change is approved, will there be anything that I need to do?

Quote: Originally posted by Ghost sdoj
It takes a while, because they seem to get done in batches when the one who is currently responsible for them has the time/inclination to handle the task. (It would help if more people would notice the funny story requirement... I'm NOT volunteering to write funny stories for everyone who forgets them!)

You usually find out about the name change when you try to log in and your old login doesn't work anymore. But you have a specific free name that you've requested, and you now have a couple of funny stories in the thread, so your chances are pretty good.

Thankyou for the reply, I know it was not meant to be funny but I did chuckle when reading about how we generally find our about our new login
This is a funny story of contradiction

One day in the middle of the night a fire broke out in the ocean
The blind man saw it, the deaf man heard. the crippled man ran to the fire brigade
The fire truck came speeding around the corner at 30 kilometres an hour
Ran over a dead dog and nearly killed it
The dead dog in in hospital in good condition but expected to die any minute

I am Ghost. My husband is sidneydoj. I post, he downloads, and I wanted to keep my post count.
Site Helper
Original Poster
#3 Old 20th Apr 2019 at 9:41 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Kyoko Kerasaki
Hi,

I would please like to have my username changed to LindiOutOfAfrica

It is my official persona as a gamer/content creator and I'd like to actually start making custom content and mods for the Sims...Wow...was I ever in a weird place when I made this account

Thanks

EDIT: Uhm, something funny? Sure...
In Afrikaans (my native toungue), we have a lot of contractions and compound words. And I do mean A LOT. There isn't really a limit to how long a word can be either.
So there is an actual place here in South Africa named Tweebuffelsmeteenskootmorsdoodgeskietfontein
("Twee buffels met een skoot morsdood geskiet fontein" = "the spring where two buffaloes were killed with a single shot")

And speaking of Afrikaans contractions...something cute(?)...
Octopus is "seekat"
"see" (sea) + "kat" (cat)...making a SEACAT!! :lovestruc

Seacat! I love it!