Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Alchemist
#9501 Old 29th Nov 2018 at 4:26 AM
Quote: Originally posted by joandsarah77
Only one issue is when sims delete the empty box they are getting back the price and I would rather it be nothing.

You can edit the sell back value in SimPE to be $0. You could do this with other deco items, too. Of course, you would have to remember to buy your items, as well as any restrictions you set up surrounding your deco items, but if you know your sims are going to the store to shop, you can have them buy the deco item (toilet paper, baby formula, diapers, etc.) and edit the sell back value to be zero.

I forget what the area in SimPE is called, but in the area to change an item's price you can also edit an item's depreciation value and it's sell back value.

"May the sunlight find you, thy days be long, thy winters kind, thy roots be strong." -Grand Oak Tree, DAO

XPTL Mod Archive | Change a Mod's Mesh into a CC Object | Increasing the Game Difficulty | Editing ACR 4 Your Age Mod
Bored? Read an unfinished legacy or sim story. | aka Kelyns | she/her
Advertisement
Mad Poster
#9502 Old 29th Nov 2018 at 4:29 AM
Quote: Originally posted by omglo
It woudl be funny though.

In one of our old apartments something went wrong with the plumbing under the sink, which did ruin a few toilet paper rolls. I imagine if they'd been left a while it might've started to smell funny.

I'm secretly a Bulbasaur. | Formerly known as ihatemandatoryregister

Looking for SimWardrobe's mods? | Or Dizzy's? | Faiuwle/rufio's too! | smorbie1's Chris Hatch archives
Alchemist
#9503 Old 29th Nov 2018 at 5:05 AM
Quote: Originally posted by Phantomknight
You can edit the sell back value in SimPE to be $0. You could do this with other deco items, too. Of course, you would have to remember to buy your items, as well as any restrictions you set up surrounding your deco items, but if you know your sims are going to the store to shop, you can have them buy the deco item (toilet paper, baby formula, diapers, etc.) and edit the sell back value to be zero.

I forget what the area in SimPE is called, but in the area to change an item's price you can also edit an item's depreciation value and it's sell back value.
There's a line in the OBJD called "sale price" but it actually controls whether or not an object is quarter-tile enabled, and the value in that box must remain 35 if you want the object to retain that feature.
Alchemist
#9504 Old 29th Nov 2018 at 5:52 AM
Hmm, my game is open so I can't check myself, but... Could the depreciation value be fiddled with, so that it immediately loses all value when bought from the catalog?

"May the sunlight find you, thy days be long, thy winters kind, thy roots be strong." -Grand Oak Tree, DAO

XPTL Mod Archive | Change a Mod's Mesh into a CC Object | Increasing the Game Difficulty | Editing ACR 4 Your Age Mod
Field Researcher
#9505 Old 29th Nov 2018 at 7:35 PM
Not when the object is bought, but you can set the depreciation value to be the same as the buy price, that way the item will lose all it's value the moment the object value is updated. You also have to edit the minimum price to be 0, if I'm not mistaken.
Alchemist
#9506 Old 29th Nov 2018 at 8:30 PM
http://www.modthesims.info/showthre...799#post5472799
http://www.modthesims.info/showthre...856#post5472856

I hacked base game's wedding arch to also enable Young Adult marriage; though have not uploaded it anywhere.
Mad Poster
#9507 Old 29th Nov 2018 at 10:45 PM
Quote: Originally posted by omglo
It woudl be funny though.

I'll check for gummi's mod. I wonder where she is these days.

I sent her a p.m. a couple of weeks ago, because I read on another thread that she was having some health problems. I've not heard from her. She and I were not particularly friends, so I'm not that surprised. Maybe someone who was close to her can tell us whether she's okay. I'm kind of worried.

"Fear not little flock, for it hath pleased your Father to give you a kingdom". Luke 12:32 Chris Hatch's family friendly files archived on SFS: http://www.modthesims.info/showthread.php?t=603534 . Bulbizarre's website: https://archiveofourown.org/users/C...CoveredPortals/
Forum Resident
#9508 Old 1st Dec 2018 at 1:03 AM
I'd like to see a climbable rope, that could be used to climb from one floor to the next. Maybe a climbable cargo net would be cool, too. Also, I'd like to see the ladder anims, either Marvine's or the ones from the Playground Tower converted to work on bunk beds.

Don't know why EAxis never created bunk beds for TS2. There's some pretty cool CC bunk beds out there, but the anims tend to be ridiculous. Either a massive jump or awkward, choppy stairs anims. Seeing as how the anims exist now, it'd be nice if they could be used to replace the older ones.

...not exactly sure how you'd achieve that though, since each piece of CC is done differently, and probably call on the anims in separate ways. I guess (and this is the guess of somebody that has NO CLUE about anims, so it may be way off base) the easiest way would be to package a proper set of anims with instructions on how to add them to an existing bunk bed. Maybe better yet would be just a tutorial, so anyone who is inclined would be able to undertake the project themselves. *SHRUG*

-grinEvilly
>=)
Space Pony
#9509 Old 1st Dec 2018 at 3:26 AM Last edited by Kukamuukaanmuka : 1st Dec 2018 at 3:41 AM.
Quote: Originally posted by grinevilly
I'd like to see a climbable rope, that could be used to climb from one floor to the next. Maybe a climbable cargo net would be cool, too.

D

@grinevilly , for that part you can use part of the playground set by Phaenoh http://modthesims.info/d/412635

Quote:
Climbing Mesh (BG) - Simple climbing structure used for getting from one level to another. One subset, linked to the swing. Thank you Marvine for the base object and animations!

~~~~Call me Ellu ~~~

My love, my love, my fearless love, I will not say goodbye..
Sea may rise, sky may fall, My love will never die..
My heart, my heart, My drowning heart, Oh all the tears I've cried
Oh I may weep forevermore, My love will never die..
Mad Poster
#9510 Old 1st Dec 2018 at 6:55 AM
This probably isn't possible, so more along the line of 'feature I'd like to see in my dream remake of TS2,' imagine if each of the seven skills each had four benefits attached to it, similar to the FreeTime aspiration benefits. The benefits would become available as their skill level increased, and they would use points to unlock them.

I'm not sure exactly what the benefits would be (perhaps the body skill could have something similar to Pleasure Sims' 'fast metabolism,' or level ten cooking benefit could allow Sims to always create sparkling food) but it could be fun.

Looking for SimWardrobe's mods? | Or Dizzy's? | Faiuwle/rufio's too! | smorbie1's Chris Hatch archives
Theorist
#9511 Old 1st Dec 2018 at 7:46 PM
Would love to see children able to have cell phones, they wouldn't have to have buy enabled as adults could gift it. Someone partially made this work but mod could maybe be used as to how to do this, as they animations are already there with talking, dialing and using inventory animations from fishing rod and gifts given to them. I don't know how modding works but maybe it's possible with the animations they already have? (:
http://www.modthesims.info/d/132764...cell-phone.html

When you forgive, you heal. When you let go, you grow.
Field Researcher
#9512 Old 2nd Dec 2018 at 3:09 AM
Quote: Originally posted by DezzyDoesThings
I'd like to see a get married in college mod.

Lamare has a whole host of YA mods posted here on MTS. YA's can get married, pregnant, take kids and pets with them to college, have jobs, and so on. I really recommend them, they make the YA age group much more usable!
Mad Poster
#9513 Old 3rd Dec 2018 at 12:00 AM
Dead parrots make me sad, so it'd be nice if someone was able to mod it so that they broke out of the cage and flew away to despawn instead.

Field Researcher
#9514 Old 3rd Dec 2018 at 12:55 AM
I'd like to see a mod that finally fixes the matchmaker when she visits downtown community lots. The only option I have when she visits is "dismiss" and I've looked far and wide for a fix for this, but all I've found is other threads on this issue and finally a thread on Simbology where someone asked for a fix to be made only for everyone in the replies to say "just use the find-a-mate crystal ball and downloadable potions" and then lock the thread.

Will this ever be fixed??
Mad Poster
#9515 Old 3rd Dec 2018 at 3:00 AM
Quote: Originally posted by Bulbizarre
Dead parrots make me sad, so it'd be nice if someone was able to mod it so that they broke out of the cage and flew away to despawn instead.

Yea, also more pets running away..and coming back pregnant! Actually, I would like a mod to make parrots more REAL. They can live longer than humans, and FAR longer than cats/dogs. And they are so smart; should be able to teach them stuff, and have them fly away if just left alone in that empty cage!

Stand up, speak out. Just not to me..
Mad Poster
#9516 Old 3rd Dec 2018 at 5:03 AM
I don't have a problem getting the matchmaker to give my sims a date on community lots (UC) but I do have a problem with her, in that I have Inteen, and with Inteen she's very . . . non-age-discriminatory. Since I still am, I wish there were a flavor pack for Inteen that caused her to offer an age request as well as the sex request. (My YAs will often date a teen who is just a year or two younger, especially if they were already dating in high school, but I don't want my just turned thirteen-year-old sim getting an elder! Or vice versa! Ick!)

Pics from my game: Sunbee's Simblr Sunbee's Livejournal
"English is a marvelous edged weapon if you know how to wield it." C.J. Cherryh
Mad Poster
#9517 Old 3rd Dec 2018 at 5:58 AM
Quote: Originally posted by Modder
I'd like to see a mod that finally fixes the matchmaker when she visits downtown community lots. The only option I have when she visits is "dismiss" and I've looked far and wide for a fix for this, but all I've found is other threads on this issue and finally a thread on Simbology where someone asked for a fix to be made only for everyone in the replies to say "just use the find-a-mate crystal ball and downloadable potions" and then lock the thread.

Will this ever be fixed??

The only fix I know of for the gypsy matchmaker is the one at Simbology that "Fixes bug that causes the gypsy to be unable to perform any of her other duties once she has delivered a genie lamp to any family." This is obviously nothing to do with your problem.

Do you have any mods in your game that might be interfering with her normal function? I have all EPs and while I haven't used her services on a community lot in some time, I don't recall having any problems buying potions and blind dates from her.
Needs Coffee
retired moderator
#9518 Old 3rd Dec 2018 at 10:23 AM
Quote: Originally posted by grammapat
Yea, also more pets running away..and coming back pregnant! Actually, I would like a mod to make parrots more REAL. They can live longer than humans, and FAR longer than cats/dogs. And they are so smart; should be able to teach them stuff, and have them fly away if just left alone in that empty cage!

They should be able to sit on their owner's shoulder be given treats like slices of fruit and be taught to say small phrases dependent on the owner's personality.

"I dream of a better tomorrow, where chickens can cross the road and not be questioned about their motives." - Unknown
~Call me Jo~
Mad Poster
#9519 Old 3rd Dec 2018 at 10:25 AM Last edited by Bulbizarre : 3rd Dec 2018 at 10:40 AM.
If you 'Carry Bird,' they can sit on their owner's shoulder, but there's not much interaction after that.

I did have my Sim accidentally take her parrot to work, though. She was a chef at a restaurant, so between that and the stray pets constantly wandering into the restaurant kitchens, I suspect that health and safety regs are a bit looser in SimNation.

Scholar
#9520 Old 3rd Dec 2018 at 11:13 AM
Bulbizzare: Sounds like something I jave to try when I get my new install working, taking a bird to a restaurant I mean. On my old computer sims get some graphical issues as soon as the got a bird so I can not let them have any.
Mad Poster
#9521 Old 3rd Dec 2018 at 11:21 AM
I'm not actually sure if you can take birds to community lots. It was a carpool job.

Alchemist
#9522 Old 3rd Dec 2018 at 1:15 PM
Sunbee & RoxEllen1965, this issue with the gypsy is a vanilla bug and not caused by mods. The problem occurs when the game auto summons her to the community lot--as in, when she shows up on her own just after your sims arrive. When she appears she has no options except 'Dismiss.' If you are calling for services and invite her to the community lot (even after she was just Dismissed), her functionality returns. It used to be that she was fully functional no matter if you called her to the lot or if the game called her, but some EP (FT, maybe?) borked her coding.

I second the 'choose an age when asking for a date' idea, though, and then would also like someone to mod the Crystal Ball so I can choose from anyone in the hood, instead of the small selection it gives.

Mad Poster
#9523 Old 3rd Dec 2018 at 1:37 PM
I have idea for how an inventory transfer upon death mod might work.

When a Sim dies, a dialog comes up asking what to do with any items still in the inventory. There's three options: transfer inventory, cash out, and do nothing.
Transfer inventory brings up the phone-book dialog allowing you to select a Sim to transfer the inventory to. (I'm not sure if they'd need to be on-lot to transfer, but it'd temporarily summon them if needed.)
Cash out just sells everything there and adds the money to the family funds.
Do nothing just causes the default Maxis behavior, where Grim takes everything as payment for his services and it vanishes into the ether.

If dialog box to much, do how it executed: closest in relationship household of the death Sim inherints stuff.

P.S. Sorry for my bad english.
Mad Poster
#9524 Old 3rd Dec 2018 at 7:23 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Phantomknight
Sunbee & RoxEllen1965, this issue with the gypsy is a vanilla bug and not caused by mods. The problem occurs when the game auto summons her to the community lot--as in, when she shows up on her own just after your sims arrive. When she appears she has no options except 'Dismiss.' If you are calling for services and invite her to the community lot (even after she was just Dismissed), her functionality returns. It used to be that she was fully functional no matter if you called her to the lot or if the game called her, but some EP (FT, maybe?) borked her coding.

I just tested for that in my game. My game is heavily modded so your mileage may vary. I did remove the Visitor Controller and Nopke's mod that blocks the matchmaker from spawning on her own (http://www.modthesims.info/d/606942...eting-npcs.html).

The matchmaker arrived at the dance club when my sim was inside the building. The only option available on her at that time was "dismiss" as mentioned above. I sent my sim out to where she was. Once he was outside, I clicked on the matchmaker to dismiss her and THEN all the other options showed up. It seems to be that that your playable sim needs to be in the same "room" with the matchmaker before the buy potion, ask for blind date, etc. will appear on the menu. So both sims have to be outside or in the same interior room before the options will show up.

@Modder and @Phantomknight - was your playable sim outside with the matchmaker when the limited menu appeared or inside a building? Try sending your playable sim out where the matchmaker is (make the playable sim stand right next to her) and then click on her. Do the rest of the options show up properly then?
Needs Coffee
retired moderator
#9525 Old 3rd Dec 2018 at 9:59 PM
If you 'Carry Bird,' they can sit on their owner's shoulder, but there's not much interaction after that.

I did have my Sim accidentally take her parrot to work, though. She was a chef at a restaurant, so between that and the stray pets constantly wandering into the restaurant kitchens, I suspect that health and safety regs are a bit looser in SimNation.

Like 'take your baby to work day' but with no baby bag.

"I dream of a better tomorrow, where chickens can cross the road and not be questioned about their motives." - Unknown
~Call me Jo~
Page 381 of 576