Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Test Subject
Original Poster
#1 Old 22nd Jul 2016 at 12:17 AM
Default floor plans
as any come across house or any liveable structures for the sims (sims3) that made from real floor plans?
Advertisement
Field Researcher
#2 Old 22nd Jul 2016 at 4:09 AM
Many of the people who have their houses here use real world blue prints and floor plans (within the limits that the game places on build mode). What style of house are you looking for?
Test Subject
Original Poster
#3 Old 22nd Jul 2016 at 5:34 PM
ok. nothing speific. i have one image i will post i'd lie, never have able to make look right. what be looking for are larges made house from blule prints or aprtments. large onces.
Test Subject
Original Poster
#4 Old 22nd Jul 2016 at 5:44 PM
ok. nothing speific. i have one image i will post i'd lie, never have able to make look right. what be looking for are larges made house from blule prints or aprtments. large onces.
Test Subject
Original Poster
#5 Old 22nd Jul 2016 at 5:52 PM
Default adding pic
this is house ive trid to make.
Screenshots
Field Researcher
#6 Old 23rd Jul 2016 at 12:00 AM
Quote: Originally posted by mcoll86
this is house ive trid to make.

(Fair warning: I'm horrible at building houses. All of mine end up looking like big, boring, rectangles.)

That's a pretty good example to talk about the limits of the Sims 3 Each of the squares in build mode is one yard (if I'm remembering right) and since we can't build walls that stop halfway through a square, any floor measurement that isn't a multiple of 3 has to be rounded either up or down. We also never got proper closets to speak of so building walk in closets doesn't work very well.

Having said that, here's three houses that are, to my knowledge, based (as close as possible) on real world designs:
CarlDillynson's Clearview
stonee206's Hansen trio
plasticbox's Trebuchet

(Please note the last one uses stacked stairs, which may not work on every lot in any given world- The Sims 3 is odd like that. Put a test sim in it first and have them walk to the basement then try to go back upstairs. If they can't, look for a lot that's at a 45 degree angle to that lot when you're looking at the neighborhood view.)

Any builders want to chip in with designs they've made?
Alchemist
#7 Old 23rd Jul 2016 at 10:46 AM
I'm going to try my hand at the house you want, OP, the plan looks nice

Tumblr - more downloads! ◾ CC reuploads / creator backupsTS3 CAS Conversion Catalog - for basegame, EP, SP, and Store clothing!
Test Subject
Original Poster
#8 Old 23rd Jul 2016 at 3:11 PM
any attempt at this would be appreciated
Alchemist
#9 Old 23rd Jul 2016 at 5:05 PM
OK, here's the house. I made some modifications to the floor plan since it required the lot being unreasonably (IMO) big for such a house.

• NO CC, only basegame content + the washing machine, dryer and hamper from Ambitions.
  • The lot is furnished and landscaped and fits on a 30 x 30 lot.
  • Costs: $39,927 unfurnished, $75,948 furnished.
  • Rooms: 4 bedrooms (2 double beds, 2 single beds, 2 cribs), garage (2 cars), living + dining + kitchen (open plan), laundry, bathroom, patio
  • Entertainment: 2 bikes (1 adult, 1 child), 2 bookcases, 2 computers, 1 TV + 1 console, stereo, 1 treadmill, toddler playtable + xylophone + peg box, toy chest
  • The patio has room for a hot tub, you can have a garden near it, and the front of the lot has a tunnel of hanging plants and an apple tree.
  • There's no nook area or small bathroom, though you could turn the laundry room into a smaller bathroom if you want to.
  • The kitchen isn't diagonal, since placing objects diagonally in TS3 is almost always awful visually-wise.
  • I moved the master bedroom to the left, somewhere between the patio and the second bedroom.

Download (.sims3pack and .package, install .sims3pack via Launcher OR put .package in My Docs\TS3\Library)

Tumblr - more downloads! ◾ CC reuploads / creator backupsTS3 CAS Conversion Catalog - for basegame, EP, SP, and Store clothing!
Test Subject
Original Poster
#10 Old 23rd Jul 2016 at 6:33 PM
pretty good job with it. that part of the reason i was having trouble with it, because the way the plans our vs what the game allows us to do.
Top Secret Researcher
#11 Old 24th Jul 2016 at 11:35 PM
@sweetdevil love the house and so lovely of you to do that for the OP

@mcoll86 I was trying to link to a tutorial on making a house from floor plans, but apparently the TS3 forum has been down for a while (forever?). Basically, you look at a house and use the wall tool as a measurement guide- for example, Bath 2 has a tub along the wall. In the game, a bathtub is 2 squares, or 2 wall segments long. Convert the floor plans by approximating the size with the wall segment. You might want to use graph paper, and then move the plans into the game by laying down floor tile in different colors to represent each room. It probably won't be an exact match, but you can come pretty close. Post any questions on the forum: Create>Sims 3 Creation>Building: http://www.modthesims.info/forumdisplay.php?f=594 where you will find people able and willing to help. Good luck (or just use sweetdevil's lot, which is great).
Alchemist
#12 Old 25th Jul 2016 at 4:43 PM
@attuned - thank you <3

I would add that it's very important to take into account how routing is done. In real life people can squeeze between a chair and the wall, for example, but the game won't allow that. The kitchen in the house plans is also a bit tricky and not necessarily practical for TS3 because you would not be able to place those two doors without moveobjects. Diagonal walls are a different beast, since doors, windows and objects can't always be placed on/near them in a way that looks nice.