Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#1 Old 21st Oct 2016 at 2:19 PM
Default Is the agesimscheat glitchy?
i'm making a children's home for my hood today and would like to create 8 adult roommates in CAS, and age 7 of them down to children/toddlers once i move them into the home. will this create any weird problems/side effects? (i guess besides memories?)

thank you :3
Advertisement
Mad Poster
#2 Old 21st Oct 2016 at 2:45 PM
The thing to be prepared for is, that all the children will have F grades and will be taken away almost immediately. So the moment they age down, you need to pause, save, and do whatever cheaty thing is necessary to get them to a grade that won't summon the social worker.

I did it by quitting the game and dragging the grade to C in SimPE, but one of the editing tools I don't have may let you do it in-game. Possibly even the testingcheats will.

Ugly is in the heart of the beholder.
(My simblr isSim Media Res . Widespot,Widespot RFD: The Subhood, and Land Grant University are all available here. In case you care.)
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#3 Old 21st Oct 2016 at 6:16 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Peni Griffin
The thing to be prepared for is, that all the children will have F grades and will be taken away almost immediately. So the moment they age down, you need to pause, save, and do whatever cheaty thing is necessary to get them to a grade that won't summon the social worker.

I did it by quitting the game and dragging the grade to C in SimPE, but one of the editing tools I don't have may let you do it in-game. Possibly even the testingcheats will.

Thanks, Peni Griffin. Unfortunately, I went ahead and aged the sims down before reading this post, and sure enough, the social worker arrived in no time at all. It was awful -- she was ready to take all seven children. I ended up quitting without saving, going back in, aging them down to toddlers using the cheat, and then aging them to children using simlogical's heirloom cake. It was a little tedious bringing each toddler to the cake and waiting for them to grow up, but at least when they did they had regular old C grades!
Mad Poster
#4 Old 21st Oct 2016 at 6:19 PM Last edited by simmer22 : 22nd Oct 2016 at 4:16 PM.
A safer way might be to make one parent sim and 7 kid sims, and then edit their relationships with a mod (or SimPE).
Aging sims down from adult can leave stray memories and whatnots, and on occasion the wants panel will go a bit wonky.
Mad Poster
#5 Old 21st Oct 2016 at 6:21 PM
I had the caretaker moved into the lot first, so I created a family of a mother and two kids, moved them in, and had the kids watch in horror as their mother died of flies.

I'm secretly a Bulbasaur. | Formerly known as ihatemandatoryregister

Looking for SimWardrobe's mods? | Or Dizzy's? | Faiuwle/rufio's too! | smorbie1's Chris Hatch archives
The Great AntiJen
retired moderator
#6 Old 21st Oct 2016 at 7:11 PM
Quote: Originally posted by simmer22
A safer way might be to make one parent sim and 7 kid sims, and then edit their relationships with a mod or SimPE.
Aging sims down from adult can leave stray memories and whatnots, and on occasion the wants panel will go a bit wonky.

That's because they retain their adult LTW and associated wants. It's not a problem in terms of corruption because it's their LTW.

I no longer come over to MTS very often but if you would like to ask me a question then you can find me on tumblr or my own site tflc. TFLC has an archive of all my CC downloads.
I'm here on tumblr and my site, tflc
Needs Coffee
retired moderator
#7 Old 21st Oct 2016 at 10:44 PM
It's easy in game to adjust the child's grades. The simmanipulator, the simblender I think, insiminator or testing cheats. Or install a no social worker mod. Plenty of ways of going about it. I can't imagine aging down and rushing out to load up SimPE every time! The one time I did some aging I aged them down to toddler then up to child I don't think I had any grade problems doing it that way.

"I dream of a better tomorrow, where chickens can cross the road and not be questioned about their motives." - Unknown
~Call me Jo~
Scholar
#8 Old 22nd Oct 2016 at 12:45 AM
Besides, a child with an aspiration besides Pleasure or Romance is sometimes more realistic!
Alchemist
#9 Old 22nd Oct 2016 at 12:59 AM
an alternative to agesimscheat could be insiminator or its equivalents.
I have used insiminator to age sims down multiple times; and most of those times the Social Worker did not come. no Social Worker mods/hacks installed at those times; and usually within AnyGameStarter.
I recall only 1 time the Social Worker coming; not sure what was different that time. was testing a toy oven I cloned when the warning popped up.
Mad Poster
#10 Old 22nd Oct 2016 at 1:15 AM
Quote: Originally posted by ihatemandatoryregister
I had the caretaker moved into the lot first, so I created a family of a mother and two kids, moved them in, and had the kids watch in horror as their mother died of flies.
It sounds like the caretaker hadn't taken very good care of the property!

All Sims are beautiful -- even the ugly ones.
My Simblr ~~ My LJ
Sims' lives matter!
The Veronaville kids are alright.
Mad Poster
#11 Old 22nd Oct 2016 at 1:54 AM
It was actually Rodney's Death Creator. If I'd had better sense, I probably would've waited until the kids were sent off to school rather than traumatizing them right then and there. But at least I didn't have to muck around with aging them down.

I'm secretly a Bulbasaur. | Formerly known as ihatemandatoryregister

Looking for SimWardrobe's mods? | Or Dizzy's? | Faiuwle/rufio's too! | smorbie1's Chris Hatch archives
Needs Coffee
retired moderator
#12 Old 22nd Oct 2016 at 2:17 AM
You can also turn the adult into a townie, but you may then be struck with the absent parent bug school glitch; luckily there is a mod fix. Or you can put down the Simlogical Institution sign and not bother with school at all.

"I dream of a better tomorrow, where chickens can cross the road and not be questioned about their motives." - Unknown
~Call me Jo~
Mad Poster
#13 Old 23rd Oct 2016 at 12:22 PM
The College Adjuster lets you change school grades.

You can also age them down before 7am, the school bus will show up and they can't get taken away when at school.

I normally use the blender to change their aspiration back to grow up.

I use the sims as a psychology simulator...
Mad Poster
#14 Old 23rd Oct 2016 at 2:31 PM
But the lot loads at 8:00 AM when you first move them in, so you'll have to cheat the time backward.

(My simblr isSim Media Res . Widespot,Widespot RFD: The Subhood, and Land Grant University are all available here. In case you care.)
Mad Poster
#15 Old 23rd Oct 2016 at 3:19 PM
Or just let them walk to school.
Mad Poster
#16 Old 23rd Oct 2016 at 3:24 PM
The time I did it, I was aging 8 sims and it took so long, the social worker showed up as soon as Frieda turned into a child - no chance to walk to school. But there's a number of ways to get around it, depending on circumstances and preferred editing tools, as we see.

Theorist
#17 Old 23rd Oct 2016 at 4:30 PM
Age them down, while keeping the game paused, raise their grade to a C. Check each one first to see if their grades changed before going to live mode. (:

When you forgive, you heal. When you let go, you grow.