Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Quick Reply
Search this Thread
Instructor
Original Poster
#1 Old 25th Oct 2016 at 10:12 PM
Moreawesomethanyou Hacks for Ultimate Collection?
I've recently taken a look at http://www.moreawesomethanyou.com/s.../topic,7.0.html , and I've been wondering which version of these hacks I should use for the Ultimate Collection. I'm guessing Apartment Life since it was the last EP made? I could try it out, but that would just make me waste hours, with the possibility of not even getting an answer, which is why I'd rather ask here.

So, to sum it up, of all those hacks in that thread, which ones should I use for Apartment Life? I'm a bit confused.

The Sims 4! Weirder Sims! Aren't they weird!? Look how weird they are! Bet you can't wait to see how weird their stories are!?
Advertisement
Scholar
#2 Old 25th Oct 2016 at 10:13 PM
Yeah, it's AL.
Needs Coffee
retired moderator
#3 Old 25th Oct 2016 at 10:40 PM
AL mods. As to which ones; apart from those that stop your game blowing up (which everyone should have) the rest is up to you. What bugs you? What game play changes do you want? It's all personal preference.

You most definitely want
No Corrupt death
No unlink on delete
The Bat Box (lot debugger)
Creature Fixes (if you play vampires)

"I dream of a better tomorrow, where chickens can cross the road and not be questioned about their motives." - Unknown
~Call me Jo~
Mad Poster
#4 Old 25th Oct 2016 at 10:43 PM
You also want creaturefixes if you don't play vampires, because it fixes a number of other glitches, such as alien eyes. It also keeps the grand vampire from biting the Crumplebutt and corrupting your entire game - although setting objects.package to read-only will do the same thing and is a good idea anyways.

I'm secretly a Bulbasaur. | Formerly known as ihatemandatoryregister

Looking for SimWardrobe's mods? | Or Dizzy's? | Faiuwle/rufio's too! | smorbie1's Chris Hatch archives
Needs Coffee
retired moderator
#5 Old 25th Oct 2016 at 10:45 PM
Another mod fixes the eyes as well I believe.

"I dream of a better tomorrow, where chickens can cross the road and not be questioned about their motives." - Unknown
~Call me Jo~
Mad Poster
#6 Old 25th Oct 2016 at 10:59 PM
Do you know what it is? I'm planning to leave in creaturefixes but it'll be good to know an alternative.

I'm secretly a Bulbasaur. | Formerly known as ihatemandatoryregister

Looking for SimWardrobe's mods? | Or Dizzy's? | Faiuwle/rufio's too! | smorbie1's Chris Hatch archives
Instructor
Original Poster
#7 Old 26th Oct 2016 at 7:21 AM
Good to know I was right after all! I love this collection. Thanks! And as for the ones recommended here, I will definitely take a look at those. I never knew TS2 had so many bugs and little issues. It's actually insane compared to TS3 and TS4. Just goes to show how little I actually explored TS2 in all these years. Too bad there's still no fix for the uniforms in OFB though! As far as I can find anyway. It's probably out of modders' hands.

But anyway, thanks. I'll be sure to grab myself some essentials.

Quote: Originally posted by ihatemandatoryregister
Do you know what it is? I'm planning to leave in creaturefixes but it'll be good to know an alternative.

Unfortunately I don't. I've never been that familiar with many of these fixes for TS2. Should be floating around somewhere online though, I'm sure.

The Sims 4! Weirder Sims! Aren't they weird!? Look how weird they are! Bet you can't wait to see how weird their stories are!?
Needs Coffee
retired moderator
#8 Old 26th Oct 2016 at 7:37 AM
Many of the mods are to add or change game play. So something like the Simlogical school system or Squinge's college pack which allows for YA to study at home adds brand new game play. Other mods remove 'features'. For example unmodded an adult will pick up a teddy bear, walk over to another adult and talk through the bear. Most people see that as a silly annoyance not a 'feature' (EA does love it's 'features') and mod it out. The adult can still be directed to do it, the mod just makes it so they don't do it autonomously. Then there are the mods that fix issues, some like vampires biting Crumplebottom which are game breaking. There are not that many game fixing mods unless you include all the annoyance ones, but what one person finds annoying another enjoys.

Some annoyance mods I could not be without is the coffee cup mod, it stops sims going up a flight of stairs to place their empty cup on some random side table.
The stop making the bed mod so if the school bus is there, yes you will leave that bed unmade and run for it.
The mod that stops them waking up to rain in the middle of the night.
And the one that stops the hobby 'in the zone' sound since the sound would start and stop at every plant they weeded or watered on the farm.

The eye fix might have been by Theo?

~Call me Jo~
Mad Poster
#9 Old 26th Oct 2016 at 8:19 AM
I would let them talk through the bear if they didn't then leave it at the top of the stairs so noone can get up or down them. Plus, they obsess over it. If they stopped obsessing and put it back where they found it then it would be fine.
Needs Coffee
retired moderator
#10 Old 26th Oct 2016 at 8:38 AM
Creature fixes by pescado.http://www.moreawesomethanyou.com/s...hp?topic=1482.0

~Call me Jo~
Mad Poster
#11 Old 26th Oct 2016 at 5:38 PM
There were a few mods that were updated for M&G (which was sort of a mini-Expansion Pack), so if you use the Ultimate Collection and are offered a choice between an AL version and a M&G version of a mod, UC users should pick the M&G version.

Since alien eye fixes were mentioned earlier, I thought I'd point out Argon's "alien fit fixes" which fix the screwups where the game uses the wrong texture for fit alien and zombie sims and mismatches adult male human sims' tops and bottoms (there's a screenshot on the page below, which illustrates the problem).

"Just a simple package to enable the missing fitness textures for the Alien and Zombie skintones, it also fixes the fat texture being used instead of the fit texture for adult male bottoms. Sims may have to change fit state or change their appearance using a mirror for the textures to update; I have not tested this, I just know it exports all the textures in BodyShop now. Uses the textures from the game files, so it will work just fine with any skin replacements but they will have to update the fit and fat textures."
http://www.moreawesomethanyou.com/s...pic,7803.0.html