2 people viewing
Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Quick Reply
Search this Thread
Forum Resident
#33751 Old Yesterday at 5:50 AM
Quote: Originally posted by LauraPamplonaS
Does anyone know if there is a % chance for which maternity outfit a sim gets, or is it just completely random?

I'm trying to get at least one sim with each one of them to test out some default replacements, so I'm getting a bunch of sims pregnant. I've gotten to 72 ladies and I'm still missing two outfits!!! How is it possible that they don't get them? (It's the "navyrust" and "spring" ones).

In the meantime, I'll keep impregnating sims and hope I get those missing two.

Update: I finally got them!

I don't know anything about whether it's random but I do think I get the grey/purple ones the most too.
Advertisement
Mad Poster
#33752 Old Yesterday at 10:42 AM
Another question: is it possible to unmerge cc files? I'm testing out different sets of maternity defaults, but most sets I've found come in one single file, and I've been trying to see if there's a way to bring them back to being individual files so that I can mix them up with other sets. I've looked around and all I can find is Sims 3 and 4 tutorials, but nothing for TS2.

I think the only way to unmerge CC files for TS2 is to extract the resources you need and remake the file. Potentially from scratch (as in it may not be enough to just extract the files and put them in a new file if any of the resources were changed during the merging process)

You wouldn't need to make the texture and mesh from scratch, of course, just the file structure.
Mad Poster
#33753 Old Yesterday at 12:30 PM
Does anyone know if there is a % chance for which maternity outfit a sim gets, or is it just completely random?

I'm trying to get at least one sim with each one of them to test out some default replacements, so I'm getting a bunch of sims pregnant. I've gotten to 72 ladies and I'm still missing two outfits!!! How is it possible that they don't get them? (It's the "navyrust" and "spring" ones).

In the meantime, I'll keep impregnating sims and hope I get those missing two.

Update: I finally got them!

Now you have to let them all have their babies and see how long it takes for the lot to implode. XD For science!

Quote: Originally posted by simsample
I had no idea there were so many, they all kinda look the same! Did you reboot the game between generating the sims, and do you have anything to fix the broken random generators? I'm wondering if this was a bit of 'sad-o-randomness' (firstborn effect).

I didn't know that you could get the firstborn effect with clothes. But I use the pregnant sims can wear anything hack, so that's probably why.

Quote: Originally posted by simmer22
I think the only way to unmerge CC files for TS2 is to extract the resources you need and remake the file. Potentially from scratch (as in it may not be enough to just extract the files and put them in a new file if any of the resources were changed during the merging process)

You wouldn't need to make the texture and mesh from scratch, of course, just the file structure.

I've done it. You just need to extract the mesh and texture, then make a new mesh package and do the usual Bodyshop stuff to link a recolour file to the mesh, then export it and change the texture. If it's just the texture then just make a new Bodyshop project and replace the texture.
Lab Assistant
#33754 Old Yesterday at 12:51 PM
Quote: Originally posted by FuryCat
Honestly I don't really know how the death memory works because sometimes my Sims also don't get memories of other Sims dying, I can't understand what the criteria is for them to have the memory. I had a Sim die and no one in the entire neighbourhood knew.

I just noticed that they still get memory if they see dying. (read: if somebody in their houshold die) but they do not remember death if they are not wittness it themselves.
Instructor
#33755 Old Yesterday at 3:30 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Ruusupapu
I just noticed that they still get memory if they see dying. (read: if somebody in their houshold die) but they do not remember death if they are not wittness it themselves.

Ohh. Honestly that makes sense now, I think that Sim I had was alone when he died of old age.

Cats are the cutest creatures. And the most stubborn.
e3 d3 Ne2 Nd2 Nb3 Ng3
retired moderator
#33756 Old Yesterday at 3:36 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Charity
I didn't know that you could get the firstborn effect with clothes.

Mootilda found that almost all of the random generators in-game are incorrectly seeded. So it may be possible to notice patterns and non-randomness in anything in the game that is random.
https://modthesims.info/showpost.ph...8&postcount=104
https://modthesims.info/showpost.ph...7&postcount=114
This has been fixed if you use for example Lazy Duchess' randomizer fix (not sure if anyone else has made a fix):
https://lazyduchess.tumblr.com/post...andomizer-fixes
And if you roll the pacifier a random number of times or do anything else which calls the randomizer in question, that would help too. I have no idea which, if any, randomizer is responsible for choosing the maternity outfit!
Mad Poster
#33757 Old Yesterday at 4:06 PM
What the hell!! I seriously thought there were only three maternity outfits. Now I'm getting a confusing mandela-esque effect looking at all those sims

I'm curious what the "spring" and "navyrust" ones even look like - I don't even remember seeing some of the pictured ones in-game.

I use the sims as a psychology simulator...
Field Researcher
#33758 Old Yesterday at 4:48 PM
@simmer22 @Charity Sounds like it might be easier to just make my own defaults then

I used to use the maternity outfit hack as well, but it was difficult for me to remember which were my pregnancy outfits, and after a while, I preferred the system of "getting one at random" and not choosing the outfit that they get, so I went for defaults instead.

As for letting them all give birth, the lot didn't implode haha, it just got extremely slow and I just quit. I went back to the lot and made them all townies before they gave birth, and now this test hood has about a hundred pregnant sims walking around.

@simsample I got around 100 sims pregnant, and only one of them got the "navyrust", and 2 sims got the "spring" one. I kinda want to try again with different circumstances to test out and try to discover these mysterious petterns, but honestly??? Too much work and I'd rather not know

@simsfreq Here they are:
Screenshots
Mad Poster
#33759 Old Yesterday at 5:01 PM
Sounds like it might be easier to just make my own defaults then

What are you actually looking to default?
Field Researcher
#33760 Old Yesterday at 5:09 PM
What are you actually looking to default?

The maternity outfits. My problem right now is that many of the deafult replacements I want to use come in merged files (This ones, for example). All of those outfits are the same, but with different recolours, and I want to have a set of pregnancy clothes where each one is different, though I can't just pick and choose when all 9 files are merged into 1. I know there are many sets like the one I'm looking for (all different and un-merged) but I like to change them up sometimes.
Mad Poster
#33761 Old Yesterday at 6:57 PM
I didn't even know that you could use more than one mesh for a default.

Honestly, it sounds easier to just use the pregnant sims can wear anything hack and if the outfit that suits your sim doesn't have a preg morph then just pick another one.
Mad Poster
#33762 Old Yesterday at 8:14 PM
I also had the idea years ago to make DRs for the maternity outfits, I wanted proper maternity meshes that look like fabric is draping etc, rather than just weirdly stretched dresses which magically suck back in etc. Even the way those default tops work don't make sense to me. And I wanted different meshes for each outfit. But then I thought that if the original mesh was the same, all the DRs would have to have the same mesh too, so I gave up on it (I also totally suck at making meshes XD) and then when I started using pregwearanyoutfit I stopped caring so much about it. I do frequently have to change them out of a custom outfit which is non enabled, but I just use gussy up so it doesn't cost them anything, and I have the Mystical One maternity meshes for all the Maxis meshes, which helps.

Out of all the outfits, I think I assumed that blackviolet and grapevine were one outfit, I HAVE wondered why the flowers sometimes seemed more visible, but probably put it down to lighting or imagination.
I don't think I have EVER seen Brightred. I must have assumed spring and brightgreen were the same, too, or maybe I have only ever seen one of them.

I think if I had to guess what the "three" maternity outfits were, I would have said there is a purple/black one, a pastel one, and a black and white one - because I always thought of these as gothy/knowledge sim, nice/"pretty"/feminine sim, and then the more professional/business/fashion minded sims. They always ended up being applied to the wrong sims, and it annoyed me. Weirdly the towel mod, which I have now, ALWAYS seems to pick a fitting towel for the sim and I am frequently pleased by this. My goth/grouchy sims get a black towel, my very clean/sensible sims get a plain white towel, and my more outgoing/playful/colour loving sims get the colourful towel. Knowing Simler's mods, I suspect this might not be random.

I have a niggling feeling that I have seen Fall and Brightpurple, but rarely, and NavyRust also looks familiar, but it's not one I would have thought of so I can't have seen that often either.

In terms of chance of randomness, I have wondered if the RPC RNG is fixed in all aspects, because I have had NO multiple births in my game for absolutely ages. I do have the chance set fairly low (1% quads, 2% trips, 4% twins) but that's a 7% chance of multiple birth, so should be approx 1 in every 15 births, and yet I've definitely had over 30 babies born in that hood and no multiples! (Watch me get quads for the next 4 births now)

I use the sims as a psychology simulator...
Instructor
#33763 Old Yesterday at 9:16 PM
Why did posebox creators use to say to use the "Snap Reset" or "Force Reset" or "Force End", whatever it was called, interaction sparingly? It just forces an error on the Sim in order to clear the pose, sure if you have testingcheats on it just generates an error log because of it, but you can just turn it off in order to use the interaction first. I've always wondered this because nothing has happened to my game from using this. Did people start to be a bit wary of it because it made Sims jump like when an object error (jump bug) happens? Essentially that's what happens but not because there's something wrong with it, it's only the way of resetting the Sim that's causing it.

Cats are the cutest creatures. And the most stubborn.
Mad Poster
#33764 Old Yesterday at 10:45 PM
Quote: Originally posted by FuryCat
Why did posebox creators use to say to use the "Snap Reset" or "Force Reset" or "Force End", whatever it was called, interaction sparingly?

You don't want a heap of error logs just because you're using a posebox.

Honestly, it's just a really lazy way to make a "stop" function for the posebox. Either they are too lazy to do it, or they don't know how. If they don't know how, then they've probably skipped over important steps (those and others) in whatever tutorial they learned from.

It's not that hard. If you've made one, you can make several. Or make an "all-in-one" stop button (I think this is the easiest, because there's just one BHAV resource to keep track of instead of one extra per pose).

I've done it. You just need to extract the mesh and texture, then make a new mesh package and do the usual Bodyshop stuff to link a recolour file to the mesh, then export it and change the texture. If it's just the texture then just make a new Bodyshop project and replace the texture.

Exactly what I meant

---

I think I've seen various maternity outfits popping up, but can't tell exactly which. Some of them look close enough to easily get confused with each other. These days I use PregWearAll, so I don't see them often. I have had all three male outfits show up, though (alien, pink, blue).
Forum Resident
#33765 Old Yesterday at 11:31 PM
I would be more likely to use the Sims default maternity outfits if I got to choose which one and didn't have one randomly (or apparently not so randomly) thrust upon them. I still prefer the Preg Wear Anything mod but there's plenty of times I would be fine with the maternity outfit if I could just pick a color that was fitting for the sim. I swear I used to have something that gave me the option to choose between maternity outfits, but it may have been InSimenator and I'm not bothering with that again. I might just have to go unhide all the outfits in SimPE and mark them as every day so I can find them.
Needs Coffee
retired moderator
#33766 Old Today at 12:18 AM Last edited by joandsarah77 : Today at 12:30 AM.
I used to use the maternity outfit hack as well, but it was difficult for me to remember which were my pregnancy outfits, and after a while, I preferred the system of "getting one at random" and not choosing the outfit that they get, so I went for defaults instead.

There are a few sets (3 I think from memory) on the data base that have separate files. I mixed and matched from the 3 sets.

Found a few different ones that i have in my picture folder.
Screenshots

"I dream of a better tomorrow, where chickens can cross the road and not be questioned about their motives." - Unknown
~Call me Jo~
Mad Poster
#33767 Old Today at 7:30 AM
The maternity outfits. My problem right now is that many of the deafult replacements I want to use come in merged files (This ones, for example). All of those outfits are the same, but with different recolours, and I want to have a set of pregnancy clothes where each one is different, though I can't just pick and choose when all 9 files are merged into 1. I know there are many sets like the one I'm looking for (all different and un-merged) but I like to change them up sometimes.

Like these?
https://marja87.tumblr.com/post/121...-on-here-before

Or these, for more choices
https://marja87.tumblr.com/post/138...ments-mix-match
Page 1351 of 1351