Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Quick Reply
Search this Thread
Scholar
Original Poster
#1 Old 1st Jun 2016 at 4:33 AM

This user has the following games installed:

Sims 3, World Adventures, Ambitions, Late Night, Generations, Pets, Supernatural, Seasons, University Life, Island Paradise, Into the Future
Default Placing lots
Hey guys, this is a problem I have in a lot of custom mini worlds. What is with deleting a lot placed by the creator of the world and trying to place your own in the now unoccupied spot and not being able to?
It's always "cant place on road" or "unroutable"...BUT A LOT WAS JUST THERE. Just wondering if there was a way to get around this or is it just the way it is.

and no... sadly the alt button does not offer any help.
Advertisement
Top Secret Researcher
#2 Old 1st Jun 2016 at 1:43 PM
That is a common occurrence n many custom worlds. I can not explain why as I do not build worlds or work in CAW. Probably best answered by a builder or posting in the Create A World Forum in here. *looking for Volvenom *

There are a couple of work-arounds that have worked for me (not always though) when this happens:
Place a couple of smaller lots in the area, put a building on it. Then bulldoze the lots. Or just put a bunch of smaller lots, decorate the open space using the world editor or place a bunch of Tiny Lots in there.

Sometimes saving, exiting and reloading the world has worked.

And, for the really stubborn lots I've used the world editor to add trees, plants, flowers and some of the world objects to decorate the lot so it looks like that was my intention anyway.