Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Quick Reply
Search this Thread
Field Researcher
Original Poster
#1 Old 16th May 2016 at 9:54 AM
Default The Mary Sue/Gary Stu Challenge
Ever heard of the term "Mary Sue"? It's a character that nobody likes because the (usually female, male version is called Gary Stu) character is so nauseatingly perfect in every way. Said characters are found in work of fanfiction written by people who want to insert themselves into the story, but not actually them, an idealized version of them.

But the sims is all about inserting your perfect version of yourself into a fictional world, so why not embrace it?

Here are the rules for this challenge:

1. Create one human sim to your standard of beauty. When it comes to traits, they MUST have the perfectionist trait, but they cannot have any traits that give them bonuses in any skill (IE: Green thumb, Angler, charismatic, genius, bookworm). Give this sim a "beautiful" name like "Bellissima Fantastica" or "Trixabelle Honeyblossom". give them whatever lifetime wish you want.

2. Plop your sim down in the world of your choice. Feel free to use money cheats to get whatever house you desire in the neighborhood. You might also build them a fantastic house or download one from the sims exchange.

3. Here comes the hard part. Your Mary Sue/Gary Stu sim MUST master every skill available to them. Go through your expansion packs and make a list of all those skills, your sim is going to master all of them. The town library will be useful in learning some of these skills, but not all. You don't have to master hidden skills if you don't want to.

4. If you have world Adventures installed, your sim MUST complete all the tombs in the WA worlds.

5. If you have Pets installed, your sim may get a pet, but the pet too must master all the skills it can.

6. If you have Supernatural installed, feel free to cycle through the various supernatural states, but before you can change states, you must master the hidden "magic" behind each state. A witch must master spellcasting, a fairy must master it's magic. you get the idea.

7. Since the Mary Sue/Gary Stu is best friends with everyone, try not to make any enemies in the game. You can however have multiple romantic interests, multiple romances, even children of multiple partners. Your "perfect" sim can marry whoever they want.

8. If you have University installed, you must get all the degrees. Perfect grades for each one are recommended, but you can also cheat and get the "Honorary degree".

9. Your sim can have whatever career they see fit, but they must reach the top of each one before moving on to the next one.

10. Try to earn as many lifetime rewards as possible. Yes, you could cheat here, but I find it's a bit more rewarding to actually earn the rewards.

Thanks, and have fun!
Advertisement
Test Subject
#2 Old 18th May 2016 at 5:07 PM
This is a really cool challenge! I might try it. :D
Lab Assistant
#3 Old 18th May 2016 at 5:59 PM
It looks like the challenge I made, "the smart kid challenge"
Test Subject
#4 Old 21st May 2016 at 4:01 PM
Are you allowed to extend lifespan for this challenge?
Test Subject
#5 Old 25th May 2016 at 6:01 AM
Awesome! Totally bookmarking :D
Field Researcher
Original Poster
#6 Old 1st Jun 2016 at 4:48 AM
Quote: Originally posted by SabinaHarrietJ
Are you allowed to extend lifespan for this challenge?

of course! your player sim is special, why should they have the same lifespan as ordinary sims?
Test Subject
#7 Old 9th Jun 2016 at 6:07 PM
I'm bending the challenge a bit. After my sim completes a certain skill, she gets a reward (Such as a baby via adoption) and she's not allowed to leave the lot. If she wants offspring, she has to mate with a zombie. The only time she can leave is to shop.