Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#1 Old 13th Jan 2017 at 5:38 AM
Default what should I get with my 1000 simpoints?
after getting the last EP I currently want I had $12.00 left over. Now I have 1000 simpoints but I don't know what to get. or if I should get anything. My current town is Horror themed. my next town will be based on cartoons and I may do a super hero one some time. Thing is I can't figure out how to make the shop show me ALL its items at once. every thing is organized by popularity or by search relevance I just want to see everything listed lowest price to newest price. or at least try to find some thing real handy that I always wanted.
Advertisement
Alchemist
#2 Old 13th Jan 2017 at 5:15 PM
It's hard to tell - or suggest - someone else what to get because we all value different things differently; some might like the cows and other the amusement park stuff. Also, it's good to think what would be useful in the long run, since playstyles/themes change over time. I still have some simpoints even now because I don't think it's good to get something fast just because I have simpoints to use. Also, many normal things in the store can be bought from the Daily Deal -section with a lot cheaper price at some point if you're patient. You can get a venue, object, etc. with a half the normal price or more. There's a list where you can follow the sale cycles in advance.

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheet...#gid=1286992794

Also, the Premiun stuff, venues and worlds are good because they usually add some (one or several) new functionality to the game and usually include several items, as well.
Department of Post-Mortem Communications
#3 Old 13th Jan 2017 at 6:19 PM
There's also Complete Your Set which gives you a whole set cheaper if you've bought at least one item from set before, and then the sales page. And while you browse the Store pay attention to the little ads that will give you free Simpoints each time you watch the little pop up videos. I ended up owning the whole Store by just watching those videos. You can have several open in different tabs.

Having said that, for me I get most uses out of CAS items and some premium objects. Most of the furniture is sort of redundant if you use CASt. There are maybe a handful of furniture objects that are as versatile as those that came with the base game and EPs. IMO. My most used Store item is the stove that is in the, I think, Hewnsman set. It looks neutral, is rather cheap and better than all the other cheap stoves. It doesn't burn food and doesn't give the bad moodlets of the cheapest stove and it is self-cleaning.

But if you are likely to collect Simpoints through the ads I'd suggest to simply get a world. Best value, I think.
Scholar
#4 Old 14th Jan 2017 at 1:32 PM
I personally would suggest the MultiTab - it allows to listen to skill tabcasts (only base skills, but not Painting or Athletic), it can be used to get Fun and Social up and kids can complete their homework a bit faster on it, as well as raising their Fun with it. I think it might still be on Sale for 200 SimPoints. In-game, it costs 750§.

I'm also one to suggest worlds or premium content stuff. The CAS or Furniture is, mostly, not worth it. CC is in abundance there and usually free.
Alchemist
#5 Old 14th Jan 2017 at 6:18 PM
I forgot to mention another thing about the Daily Deal spreadsheet page; you can open a search bar by pressing Ctrl+f. Helpful when you're looking for something specific.