Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#1 Old 19th Jan 2017 at 5:54 PM
Default Cleaning up your Save File with NRAAS & S3PE
Hello all. I'm wondering if you have any tips on cleaning up Save Files to make the game run faster? Have you done any of the following with positive results? In a brand-new version of Lucky Palms there's only 12,248 objects, but my game currently has 29,048 objects. A good portion of those are probably living on my lot, although I have decked out a few community lots.

Using NRAAS:
-Bury the Dead and/or Cleanse the Dead.
-Purge written books.
-Others..?
*I've never tried these yet.

S3PE:
-Lucky Palms_0x08866eb8.nhd - Delete all ICON, 99% of SNAP, a few IMG.
-TravelDB.package - 24.8MB - Delete a few IMG.
-Others..?
*I usually do these once every Sim-week, deleting between 12mb up to 57mb, once 604mb.

Deleting old mods:
-I have 197 mods taking up 161MB. I'm trying to whittle them down, but it's hard.

I know about Deleting Cache Files , but the game's still pretty slow.

Check out my Legacy Challenge:
Chapter 41: Do Babies Eat Sand?
Advertisement
Top Secret Researcher
#2 Old 19th Jan 2017 at 6:23 PM
Alchemist
#3 Old 21st Jan 2017 at 11:14 PM
I think "Bury the Dead" creates gravestones for Sims that may be missing them, then adds them to the town mausoleum, and "Cleanse the Dead" simply clears the inventory of the mausoleum.

The increase in objects could be due to Sims' inventories, especially if you have Push Collecting enabled in Nraas StoryProgression (if you use it). That makes NPCs go out and collect rocks/gems/seeds. Other objects that tend to crowd around in Sim inventories are parasols (if you have Seasons), cheap cameras (World Adventures), musical instruments (Late Night), and high school diplomas and ribbons (Generations). You can safely delete those.

Just writing this down to clarify: to do what I described above, go to City Hall \ Nraas \ Master Controller \ Town \ Object Stats, apply a filter (in this case, "Inventory"), select the objects you wish to delete, and click OK.

It all depends on where you're experiencing lag. If it's just on your lot, you may have to give up some decorations and/or move to a smaller lot.

Tumblr - more downloads! ◾ CC reuploads / creator backupsTS3 CAS Conversion Catalog - for basegame, EP, SP, and Store clothing!
Field Researcher
#4 Old 22nd Jan 2017 at 6:27 AM
Be careful about deleting old Mods. Your savegame could refuse to load if you have saved it with some Mods installed that are no longer there. Although most of the time it works.
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#5 Old 31st Jan 2017 at 1:39 AM
Quote: Originally posted by sweetdevil
Just writing this down to clarify: to do what I described above, go to City Hall \ Nraas \ Master Controller \ Town \ Object Stats, apply a filter (in this case, "Inventory"), select the objects you wish to delete, and click OK.
I did that but it seems to list objects on my lot as well as objects that townies are carrying. Is there a way to filter so that it only shows objects that don't belong to my household? ie: I don't want to delete my own books, but I'd like to delete ones the NPCs are carrying.

Quote: Originally posted by Emmett Brown
http://nraas.wikispaces.com/Tips+Fo...ame+Performance??
Want to know the worst part? I actually have this site bookmarked & forgot about it. :$

Test Subject
#6 Old 5th Feb 2017 at 8:17 PM
Have you tried Kuree's Save Cleaner over on NRAAS? It cleans out all the SNAP files.
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#7 Old 8th Feb 2017 at 3:21 AM
Quote: Originally posted by songsmith_SC
Have you tried Kuree's Save Cleaner over on NRAAS? It cleans out all the SNAP files.
I've used it in the past but I think that might've deleted all the custom paintings as well. (Or maybe just the photographs..) I'm pretty confident with S3PE & it only takes me a few minutes to clean up the Lucky Palms_0x08866eb8.nhd and the TravelDB.package files.

Or does the Save Cleaner do something else on top of deleting the SNAPs & IMGs that I'm not doing myself?

Test Subject
#8 Old 29th Oct 2018 at 10:27 AM Last edited by Morality_Benefits_All : 29th Oct 2018 at 10:40 AM.
Default Cleaning up, merging, and compressing other files to speed up game
Here are some links to tutorials that clean-up, merge, and compress custom content PACKAGE files using s3pe. These actions will decrease load time and increase game play speed, but do not affect the Save files. I think these are helpful procedures for making your game run faster. I know that there are other threads on ModTheSims about getting your game to run faster and cleaning up/merging Custom Content.

This tutorial is very comprehensive and time consuming, but worth the effort.
Part I - Combining and compressing custom content files
http://evater-sims3.blogspot.com/p/...ompressing.html
Part II - Combining and compressing custom content files
http://evater-sims3.blogspot.com/p/...ressing_03.html

This one is very good, but doesn't have detailed information about organizing and cleaning up corrupted, duplicate, or conflicting package files.
https://sims3.crinrict.com/en/2011/...reduce-lag.html
Test Subject
#9 Old 29th Oct 2018 at 10:36 AM
Quote: Originally posted by Emmett Brown
http://nraas.wikispaces.com/Tips+Fo...ame+Performance
??

Note: nraas.wikispaces.com is no longer operational.
Top Secret Researcher
#10 Old 29th Oct 2018 at 11:04 AM Last edited by Emmett Brown : 29th Oct 2018 at 11:18 AM.
Default NRAAS is Gone!!
Quote: Originally posted by Morality_Benefits_All
Note: nraas.wikispaces.com is no longer operational.

Just a sec... let me check the chronometer in my DeLorian....
You're right. I don't post the correct url until July 21st, 2019. Sorry I posted the wrong link

@igazor Didja know that NRASS is GONE!!!
{I run away, laughing maniacally}

Sims are better than us.
Top Secret Researcher
#11 Old 29th Oct 2018 at 1:01 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Gargoyle Cat
Correct link is here

Trouble maker, Emmett.

This thread is coming up on 2 years old. Time flies.... after the hover conversion anyway.

Sims are better than us.
Mad Poster
#12 Old 29th Oct 2018 at 2:39 PM
There was indeed a rumor that we may have moved to our new site, or something like that. Wouldn't know, I wasn't really paying attention. I thought things looked different because my browsers got updated.