Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Forum Resident
#1101 Old 24th Apr 2009 at 5:05 PM
I felt sorry for Adam but I still don't get why this whole third brother story was needed.
Advertisement
Mad Poster
#1102 Old 25th Apr 2009 at 2:56 AM
Oh god. Oh god. Oh god.
I actually couldn't watch some of this episode. It was so disgusting! Well, mainly the bit where Sam was on the table and "Adam" was sticking his fingers into him. Yuckkkk! I started to feel really sick watching it. Also when Dean was opening all the coffins and found the bodies. Blergh. It was so gross.
I liked Dean's suspicions in the beginning of the episode with Adam, and I think the precautions he took were very "Dean-esque", but also very "John-esque". Sam was very open and willing to accept Adam into the family, and, as a hunter, that probably wasn't the safest thing for him to do.
I didn't like Adam (just because he was a newbie), but I was still sad when Dean found him. The end of the episode reminded me so much of when the boys had to burn John's body. I feel so bad for the boys. They've lost everything but each other.

Best bit of the episode.
Sam: We're two hours from anything.
Dean: But I'm hungry now!
He sounded like such a little kid when he said that .
Field Researcher
#1103 Old 25th Apr 2009 at 3:58 AM
Ugh, I know.
This was such a disgusting episode. The whole time I just thought to myself "OK, pretend there's tomato sauce coming from Sammy. Yes, tomato sauce, that's it." I couldn't watch some of it, but there was one thing that was gory that I liked. Dean's headshot on "Adam's mum" It was so cool. It's so Dean to be suspicious at the start.
It was actually sad when they burnt Adam's body in the end. I didn't like Adam but it was still sad for Dean and Sammy. It was a cool episode, and the plot worked well so that we didn't have to put up with Adam anymore
Mad Poster
#1104 Old 25th Apr 2009 at 7:49 AM
Wait. Can someone clarify this for me. When did Adam actually get taken? I'm kind of confused has to the point in the episode when he got taken. Was he always a ghoul? Or did one of the other ghouls take him part way through? So confused D=!
Field Researcher
#1105 Old 25th Apr 2009 at 10:07 AM
Quote: Originally posted by PixCii
Wait. Can someone clarify this for me. When did Adam actually get taken? I'm kind of confused has to the point in the episode when he got taken. Was he always a ghoul? Or did one of the other ghouls take him part way through? So confused D=!

He was already taken. The ghouls came back to get all of John's loved ones in the area. Then they called John to trick him to come save the mum. Instead they got Dean and Sam, and John was already dead. So they attempted to kill them. It was a fake the whole time, a trap. He was always a ghoul. I think sometime at the end they said the phone call was a trap, I think Adam said something like "And we called John to lure him here to kill him. But he was already dead. And we got you two."
Mad Poster
#1106 Old 25th Apr 2009 at 10:26 AM
Oh yeah. I remember some part of the ghoul's raving as they were about to kill Sam. I was kind of grossed out at that point, and wasn't paying much attention though. Thanks for the clarification!
Field Researcher
#1107 Old 25th Apr 2009 at 11:00 AM
Oh yeah. I remember some part of the ghoul's raving as they were about to kill Sam. I was kind of grossed out at that point, and wasn't paying much attention though. Thanks for the clarification!

That's OK. I was kinda distracted during that, too. If it hadn't of been supernatural I probably would of turned it off. I love a bit of blodd and gore... but that was horrible. Why can't we have a bit of Jensen and Jared nudity instead? Much better on the eyes.
Forum Resident
#1108 Old 25th Apr 2009 at 1:31 PM
I always thought that ghouls are harmless creatures who make noise in your attic. Damn you, J.K.Rowling. *Goes to google on ghouls.*
Mad Poster
#1109 Old 25th Apr 2009 at 3:31 PM
I loved that line too, PixCii. Dean is such a child- it's no wonder Sam makes bitch-faces all the time. I shouldn't have laughed in the beginning sequence, because it really is sad how poorly they live their lives, but Sam brushing his teeth on the side of the road and Dean falling out of the Impala was irreverently funny. Loved the rock paper scissors, too ... more evidence of what a kid at heart Dean is.

Dean setting up a glass of holy water and switching out the silverware for real silver was hilarious, and so pragmatic in a very John-esque way. I think that Sam wanting to let Adam join them was a bit strange- yes, Sam is certainly the more empathetic brother, but he of all people should be the one to cry wolf about not letting another person get sucked into this life. Odd that Sam would be the one singing John's praises later in the episode, too. And was that a hint of jealousy peeking out in Dean about all the nice things John did with Adam- teaching him to drive, taking him to baseball games, etc? What a dick John can be- having a whole different family and saving up all of his affection for them while dumping a thousand different abuses on the sons he dragged into his quest.

Agreed about the gore in this episode- ICK. The torture scene was nasty. When Dean didn't assure Sam that likening him to John was a compliment, it was certainly interesting- maybe that hero worship that has characterized John and Dean's relationship for so long is finally fading away? I think that Dean is coming to realize that his father was more of a bastard than they ever knew. All in all, I always love it when they pour salt into old wounds like John on this show, but I still don't see the necessity of Adam, especially when he only lasted one episode.

Do I dare disturb the universe?
| tumblr | My TS3 Photos |
Field Researcher
#1110 Old 26th Apr 2009 at 12:05 AM
Quote: Originally posted by Rabid
I loved that line too, PixCii. Dean is such a child- it's no wonder Sam makes bitch-faces all the time. I shouldn't have laughed in the beginning sequence, because it really is sad how poorly they live their lives, but Sam brushing his teeth on the side of the road and Dean falling out of the Impala was irreverently funny. Loved the rock paper scissors, too ... more evidence of what a kid at heart Dean is.

Dean setting up a glass of holy water and switching out the silverware for real silver was hilarious, and so pragmatic in a very John-esque way. I think that Sam wanting to let Adam join them was a bit strange- yes, Sam is certainly the more empathetic brother, but he of all people should be the one to cry wolf about not letting another person get sucked into this life. Odd that Sam would be the one singing John's praises later in the episode, too. And was that a hint of jealousy peeking out in Dean about all the nice things John did with Adam- teaching him to drive, taking him to baseball games, etc? What a dick John can be- having a whole different family and saving up all of his affection for them while dumping a thousand different abuses on the sons he dragged into his quest.

Agreed about the gore in this episode- ICK. The torture scene was nasty. When Dean didn't assure Sam that likening him to John was a compliment, it was certainly interesting- maybe that hero worship that has characterized John and Dean's relationship for so long is finally fading away? I think that Dean is coming to realize that his father was more of a bastard than they ever knew. All in all, I always love it when they pour salt into old wounds like John on this show, but I still don't see the necessity of Adam, especially when he only lasted one episode.

Yeah, the Rock, Paper Scissors was funny. They just glanced at each other then stuck their hands out and played while not looking at each other.
I suppose the CW wanted another bro 'cause it's one of those plotlines when you're like WTF? And you really want to watch to see wwhat happens.
I suppose Adam opened up more problems for Sam and Dean. More emotional problems, can fit into the plot somewhere etc.
Mad Poster
#1111 Old 26th Apr 2009 at 1:00 AM
I loved how it was a throwback to the rock paper scissors of Heart. "Oh, Dean... always with the scissors." The fact that Dean played scissors (again ) this time and that Sam said something to a similar effect made it all the more perfect.

Mad Poster
#1112 Old 26th Apr 2009 at 1:16 AM
Yes, the Rock, Paper, Scissors bit was hilarious. It was just a reflex action, and at first I thought they were going to do some lame "secret high-five" thing, then I realised that the show isn't that stupid and was gladly surprised at their way of deciding.
The first bit in the vent when Dean saw all the blood and hair and whatnot from Adam's mother was gruesome as well. Not 'I can't watch this' gruesome, but just mildly disturbing. The hair reminded me of the episode in season 2 "No Exit", even though I knew it wasn't going to be another serial killer turned ghost serial killer.
The addition of the extra brother was annoying to me, though as Tashi said, it does open up a whole new world of emotional problems for the boys. Maybe now they are even more alone than they ever were before. But still. If they were going to have another brother he should have existed for more than one episode.
Mad Poster
#1113 Old 26th Apr 2009 at 1:26 AM
You're right about the emotions. I think it raised a lot of jealousy and resentment in the boys- more than before, at the very least. I'm sure they either have or will put two and two together that while they were tearing up the United States in search of their father, he was busy with Jake. What's worse is that he did things for Jake (baseball games and whatnot) that he never did for the screwed up sons he dragged across the country on a dangerous quest. This could be a good thing in that it will help the boys gravitate toward each again- they'll both resent John for being preferential and Jake for taking the childhood they should have had so much that it may very well ease some of the tension and lying. It will make them wonder what their life could have been like and why John didn't fight harder to let them have a normal childhood. This is what I love about the show- the emotional aspect is so beautifully and subtly understated that it allows the viewer to think for him/herself rather than be told how to feel.

Mad Poster
#1114 Old 26th Apr 2009 at 1:37 AM
Even though John was a bastard, he was at least sensible enough to let his son, the only one who wasn't already caught up in the crap that Sam and Dean were in, lead a normal life. It was cruel of him not to do anything fatherly with Sam and Dean, but he still gave Adam a father and a better life, which was sweet in a way. Dean's jealousy when he found out that John had taken Adam to a baseball game was very clear. Sam seemed shocked, but Dean seemed horrified.
Forum Resident
#1115 Old 27th Apr 2009 at 4:29 PM
On a random note, I just turned on the tv and there was a rerun of Charmed. The episode with young Misha Collins. I don't watch Charmed, but I couldn't switch the channel because of him. God he was so cute. He still is, but...yummy.

Funny how he said to Phoebe. "You must be an angel."
Field Researcher
#1116 Old 30th Apr 2009 at 8:21 AM
Does anyone know where I can download a full SN episode or season for free (If it's an ep then not in parts, preferably) I'm not into illegal downloads or anything (don't get me wrong) but I just want some SN on my iPod. So it's just for personal use. And also i haven't got the budget to buy them at the moment. Or if anyone has the files on their PC can they put together a rar or zip. ? Sorry.
Once again I'm not into illegal DLs but it's just for personal use. Thanks guys.
Mad Poster
#1117 Old 1st May 2009 at 12:29 PM
Wow. I thought that episode was really good. Though I have to admit, I prefer Misha as Castiel, rather than Jimmy. As Cas he's so much...sexier. Bad boy in angel form :P. Though when he sat up in the bed near the beginning of the episode as Jimmy, his hair was very yummy.
Okay, so onto the actual episode. I liked how the whole episode wasn't all full of action. It showed a really good insight in Castiel's life, which was a nice change. I also liked to see how his whole angel ordeal came about. His line at the end of the episode, when he said he didn't serve man and he definitely didn't serve Dean made me sad. He was so blunt about it! Dean looked rather crestfallen when he said that.
Sam in this episode. Ugh! The whole sneaking out "to get a Coke" and then drinking the blood from the little bottle. Ew. Plus, in the preview for the next episode he looks like a real bastard. He wasn't very nice without the blood. He seems to be turning towards Ruby and her demon blood more and more. When he started drinking the blood during the fight scene, he didn't look like Sam. He looked like a vampire. Which is not good. At all.
When Jimmy was lying on the ground and Cas (in the daughter's form) came over, I was close to tears as Jimmy was begging Cas to take him and leave his daughter. It was so emotional. I never cry in TV shows or movies, so me being close to tears with a TV show was a first. Well almost. I did cry in another episode of Supernatural. I felt so awful seeing Jimmy lie there bleeding. In fact, I just felt bad for Jimmy full stop. Especially when, before he went into the warehouse, he was yelling out for Castiel to come, and saying how Castiel told him his family would be okay.
Absolute favourite part of the episode was when Anna appeared in the back of the car. With Dean swerving all of the road.
"Haven't you ever thought about calling ahead?"
"I like the element of surprise."
Forum Resident
#1118 Old 2nd May 2009 at 1:25 PM
I just finished watching it. I prefer Misha as Castiel too. He's more confident and the deep voice makes me melt. I was like "noooooo, you can't keep the girl as Castiel and kill Misha's character off!"
Aside from the fangirling, am I the only one who realised Jimmy's wife had gotten possessed? The boys must be losing their touch... :P
Looks like Castiel's butt was dragged back to heaven and some "sense" was "put" into him. It's like he did a 180 and is now a complete moron just like the rest of the angels.
I agree, the blood in the bottle, just yuck. Sam's turned into a complete junkie. It sucks they locked him up though, but I guess it can't be helped.

Lol at Dean fishing in his dream. He can't enjoy some nice and quiet even in his dreams. Poor guy.
Mad Poster
#1119 Old 2nd May 2009 at 1:35 PM
Yeah, when I thought they were going to get rid of Misha I was so upset! And I agree with you and his deeper voice. So sexy.
I realised that she was possessed. I also knew that as soon as Jimmy's best friend walked in that he was possessed. It just seemed like the logical thing to happen :p.
Forum Resident
#1120 Old 2nd May 2009 at 1:56 PM
I also knew that as soon as Jimmy's best friend walked in that he was possessed. It just seemed like the logical thing to happen :p.

Yes. At first I thought the best friend was gonna break the news to Jimmy that he's now sleeping with his wife, but then I realised he was possessed.
Mad Poster
#1121 Old 3rd May 2009 at 4:21 PM
I loved Dean fishing. It's so sad that his life is in such chaos that even the simplest pleasures are nothing more than his fantasies. I was really impressed by Misha in this episode; Jimmy's mannerisms and demeanor were so different from those of Castiel, and even his voice wasn't the same. Sort of a little less deep, a little less confident and resolute. He was totally taking a page out of Dean's book in the beginning, what with devouring that food like an animal.

This season must be all about role reversal- Dean is starting to become the compassionate brother and Sam is starting to become the hardass. Sam became more like Dean out of necessity, but I suppose you could say that his time spent in hell softened Dean into the role that Sam used to play. I agree with PixCii about Misha's bedhead, too- gawd, that was sexy. This episode has further convinced me that Dean really is narcoleptic- not only one person was able to sneak out on him in the middle of the night, but two? I loved Anna materializing in the back of the Impala, too. That was rich.

Sam is kind of a vampire now. I was really hoping that Dean would punch him again, but his reasoning is certainly clear. This seems like the season to dump every angst possible on Dean. The scene when Jimmy begged Castiel/Claire to take him back was lovely, too- Misha really is a great actor. The end was AWESOME, too- I'm so excited for next week. The preview makes it seem like the ultimate showdown between Dean and Sam while Sam detoxes from the demon blood. This week was a great episode and a great insight into how Castiel penetrated an earthly form, but next week will be stellar, I'm sure, especially since we're building up to the finale.

Forum Resident
#1122 Old 8th May 2009 at 5:04 PM
The new episode was just heartbreaking. I don't even know who's right and who's wrong anymore.
Mad Poster
#1123 Old 9th May 2009 at 2:25 AM
That episode opened up so much. I agree, I don't know what's right and what's wrong anymore. Towards the end Sam was getting very aggressive, but Dean was being a bit of a dick. They both had very convincing arguements towards what was right and what was wrong, but still.
I felt so bad for Anna. I really like her as a character, and I was really upset when she met up with Cas and the others took her . Now that Dean has completely given himself over to the angels, this has quite literally become a fight between angels and demons, but at the moment it seems to be basically a fight between the two brothers, which is definitely not good!

Best line of the episode:
Bobby: "Let me get this straight. Are you saying you willingly signed up to be the angel's bitch?"
#1124 Old 12th May 2009 at 4:56 PM
season 3 is finally on tv here! (3 weeks already) AND I LOVVVVVVEEEEEE IT!
haha...
Mad Poster
#1125 Old 12th May 2009 at 10:53 PM
Speaking of the show coming back onto TV, Season 4 has started being aired here, which is very good. Even though I've seen the episodes :p. It started being shown a couple of weeks ago I think, starting with the episode where we first meet Anna .
I'm very happy it's back on. Now I can watch the boys on the LCD screen downstairs, which is much better than on my dodgy old computer monitor.
Page 45 of 46