Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Quick Reply
Search this Thread
Test Subject
Original Poster
#1 Old 24th Mar 2017 at 10:36 PM

This user has the following games installed:

Sims 3, World Adventures, Ambitions, Late Night, Generations, Pets, Showtime, Supernatural, Seasons, University Life, Island Paradise, Into the Future
Default getting sims 3 to recognise graphics card
Hi, I need help getting the sims 3 to recognise my graphics card. I'm trying to follow the guide on the simswiki but it's a little bit over my head... I'm at the part where I'm supposed to add in my card to the graphicscards.sgr but I don't really know what I'm supposed to add. This is the graphics card I have. And I don't understand the part for the graphicsrules.sgr at all. Can someone help me with what I'm supposed to add to each file? And where, or what I might need to replace? Thanks...

Edit: Oh, and here is the vendor thing from deviceconfig
Chipset: Vendor: 1002, Device: 67df, Board: 94801682, Chipset: 00c7
Advertisement
Mad Poster
#2 Old 24th Mar 2017 at 11:32 PM
Quote: Originally posted by faythkittie
Hi, I need help getting the sims 3 to recognise my graphics card. I'm trying to follow the guide on the simswiki but it's a little bit over my head... I'm at the part where I'm supposed to add in my card to the graphicscards.sgr but I don't really know what I'm supposed to add. This is the graphics card I have. And I don't understand the part for the graphicsrules.sgr at all. Can someone help me with what I'm supposed to add to each file? And where, or what I might need to replace? Thanks...

Edit: Oh, and here is the vendor thing from deviceconfig
Chipset: Vendor: 1002, Device: 67df, Board: 94801682, Chipset: 00c7

Exactly the same answer as the post four below yours. Except their Device ID is one digit away from yours, so use yours instead.
http://modthesims.info/showthread.php?t=592158
Test Subject
Original Poster
#3 Old 24th Mar 2017 at 11:39 PM
Sorry, that's over my head still, I still don't know what to put on mine :/
Mad Poster
#4 Old 24th Mar 2017 at 11:47 PM
Open your GraphicsCards.sgr file, it must be the one for the Base Game (not an EP).

Find the line that says
card 0x6798 "AMD Radeon HD 7900 Series"

Change it to
card 0x67df "AMD Radeon HD 7900 Series"
(just change those four digits)

No changes to the GraphicsRules.sgr file unless you are also getting the 32 MB Texture Memory override error in your DeviceConfig, but you hadn't posted enough of it for us to see that section.
Test Subject
Original Poster
#5 Old 24th Mar 2017 at 11:55 PM
Okay... that makes more sense, I thought I had to add in a new line and change all the text. Thank you very much.

also, my deviceconfig says Texture memory: 32MB <<OVERRIDE>> I don't know if that means I am or not??
Mad Poster
#6 Old 25th Mar 2017 at 12:44 AM
Quote: Originally posted by faythkittie
Okay... that makes more sense, I thought I had to add in a new line and change all the text. Thank you very much.

also, my deviceconfig says Texture memory: 32MB <<OVERRIDE>> I don't know if that means I am or not??

To address that, open your GraphicsRules.sgr file. Look for the two lines that say:
seti textureMemory 32
setb textureMemorySizeOK false

Change them to:
seti textureMemory 1024
# setb textureMemorySizeOK false
(change the 32 to 1024 and add a hashtag to the second line)
Test Subject
Original Poster
#7 Old 25th Mar 2017 at 2:52 AM
okay thank you so much, sorry I am so terrible at this