Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Quick Reply
Search this Thread
Test Subject
Original Poster
#1 Old 20th May 2011 at 6:18 PM
A hard life challenge.
**Backround Story**

You've had a hard life so far. Your parents had split up and one of them left taking all the money with them leaving one of your parents and 3 siblings left. So you're broke. Things can only go uphill... right?

What to do:

1. Make 2 adults (one female and one male), 3 toddlers and finally 1 teen. The toddlers and teen can be any traits you like! The 2 adult sims are the parents and the the toddlers and teens are their children.
2. Lifespan must be long for an easy mode, or epic for difficult mode.
3. No cheats unless it CLEARLY states.
4. The house must be a poor house and must contain:

1 Cheap bed
1 Cheap crib (2 if you want easy mode)
1 fridge
2 counters
1 toilet
1 sink
1 shower
1 microwave

5. Once you get in the game the mother must brake up with the father or the father with the mother then one MUST move out.
6. The remaining parent must die. This is the ONLY thing you can use cheats for. I haven't checked this so if the toddlers are taken away please notify me to take this off.
7. Set your money to 150 simoleons or under if you liek

Time for some rules...

1. No cheats apart from when you kill one of the parents as I said.
2. No babysitters
3. No part time jobs
4. No going to school.
5. You can sell objects and nothing else. No seeds, no stolen items (so even if you are a klepto haha), no fruit/fish.
6. Game over if a toddler's taken away.
7. Hacking is allowed. HINT HINT.

The game is over when you become YA.

So good luck! Oh and if the kids do get taken away when the parent dies, try again by aging the teen to YA automatically. If you do that, the challenge will end when you're an adult.

Now for, to be honest no reason, here's a llama
Advertisement
Test Subject
#2 Old 2nd Jul 2011 at 2:07 PM
I'ma give this a try
Lab Assistant
#3 Old 8th Jul 2011 at 3:57 AM
Alternately, if you would allow it, the CAF mod from NRAAS allows teens to be heads of households from CAS, no need to kill off parent that way.
Test Subject
Original Poster
#4 Old 9th Jul 2011 at 10:36 PM
If yoy want this harder try 6 toddlers. That'll keep you going (course then you only make ya unless you use the CAF mod that DarkAmaranth mentioned)
Test Subject
#5 Old 9th Aug 2013 at 11:50 PM
I stated this challenge yesterday and it is very hard my teen is in constant red with a least one need and thought the challenge is interesting the constant state of scrambling together just enough money for bills (most weeks) she really has no time for herself much less skill building or money making. I like the real life parallels however i can honestly say that this is the most difficult challenge I've ever done.

(Apocalypse is more complicated and 100 babies more time consuming, but still)

I Love the concept though and playing it really makes you get involved in the sims and story involved but maybe the challenge should have a paycheck for SS just to make it a little less frustrating.
Test Subject
#6 Old 7th Sep 2013 at 7:31 PM
I'm going to try this again with a social services check once a week say.... 800 simoleons see if that takes a little pressure off.
Test Subject
#7 Old 7th Sep 2013 at 8:29 PM
i think you do do moveobjects on and delete the mom, you don't have to kill her and it's easier
:D
Test Subject
#8 Old 8th Sep 2013 at 4:01 AM
Sounds like mods are a good option for this challenge! The Mover Mod and the Homemaker Career Mod. Would those be allowed? The Mover Mod would allow you to have children in the house with no parent and the Homemaker Career Mod would give you the option to keep the house clean and kept up for money, but that is a sort of job.
Test Subject
#9 Old 15th Aug 2014 at 5:53 AM
Hmm.. Hacking is allowed? I'm not sure what you mean, unless that refers to mods. Also, for 'what the house must contain' does that mean I cannot buy more thing such as book shelves or a painters easel to make money?
Instructor
#10 Old 15th Aug 2014 at 2:43 PM
Quote: Originally posted by NyappyCat
Hmm.. Hacking is allowed? I'm not sure what you mean, unless that refers to mods. Also, for 'what the house must contain' does that mean I cannot buy more thing such as book shelves or a painters easel to make money?

Hacking refers to an activity Genius sims can do on the computer at night to earn money.
Test Subject
#11 Old 18th Aug 2014 at 4:54 PM
Quote: Originally posted by MistressTiffany
Hacking refers to an activity Genius sims can do on the computer at night to earn money.

Ohh, right! Thank you I feel silly now hehe
Test Subject
#12 Old 20th Aug 2014 at 11:23 PM
what is the CAF mod???
Instructor
#13 Old 21st Aug 2014 at 1:38 AM
interesting.. gonna try this with the mover mod

"Keep Calm and Play with STYLE"
#My Avatar: Nick Johnson
Download Policy
MrDensilter tumblr account.
Hitman Legacy Challenge
Hitman Challenge MTS
The Green House Challenge
Mad Poster
#14 Old 21st Aug 2014 at 3:21 AM
Quote: Originally posted by MistressTiffany

Genius Sims can potentially earn money by solving the unsolvable on the computer. It's computer whiz Sims who can hack.

Test Subject
#15 Old 22nd Aug 2014 at 8:03 PM
Hardest challenge I`ve ever encountered, I`ve been searching for a hard one for ages. Good job.
Test Subject
#16 Old 26th Sep 2014 at 3:01 AM
Quote: Originally posted by Hjf_rocker
If yoy want this harder try 6 toddlers. That'll keep you going (course then you only make ya unless you use the CAF mod that DarkAmaranth mentioned)

Or 3 toddlers and 3 children or any other toddler/child combo that = 6
Test Subject
#17 Old 28th Nov 2015 at 6:43 PM
Can we put a training potty? Also, how can she go places and make money? She would have to only take one kid and call a babysitter and that's not allowed so...