Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Quick Reply
Search this Thread
Inventor
Original Poster
#1 Old 16th Apr 2015 at 12:50 AM
Default The SIms 3 loading screen stuck
I was playing the sims 3 and sent my sims on a vacation. I have Twallans traveler mod, so their homeworld is Chamos Les Sims, and I sent them on vacation to sunlit tides. They bought a vacation home, and they brought their cars, and a laptop. I sent one sim home. After three sim days I sent the other sim home. In the middle of the loading screen traveling home, I hear them talking, interacting, etc. But at the very end of the loading screen, the music keeps playing, and the loading literally freezes. After about an hour, an hour and a half, I had no choice to close out in task manager. I know that bringing some inventory items can be an issue, and I don't know if the problem is that I traveled to Sunlit Tides, but I've traveled to other main worlds from vacation worlds fine. What can I do and keep the same saved game?
Advertisement
Inventor
Original Poster
#3 Old 16th Apr 2015 at 1:14 AM
Quote: Originally posted by nitromon
Hey Dave,

Are you asking specifically how to save your savegame? Because you cannot go back? Or are you asking generally what is going on with these kind of issues?

1) Issues like this are not uncommon. I use Traveler mod too, but it is buggy as hell. Sorry NRAAS gurus, but it is true. I make it a habit to save before I travel each time because I am expecting the game to be fked up. Sometimes I get the same thing you've experienced, other times game just get stuck on the loading screen. My personal favorite glitch is when I arrived and the game keeps generating books at a rapid pace that it lags the game. I can't even delete them fast enough because they keep getting regenerated.

2) Now specifically if you are just trying to get back. First, how many times have you tried it? It helps many times that I simply shut the game down and reload it, then travel again. This usually fixes it. If not, use the NRAAS MC and reset your whole vacation town, then try to travel back. That's the only two suggestions I can think of.

I don't think I can do any of those two things... The last time I saved was after I sent sim a home, and sim b is still on vacation. It keeps freezing. I just want to get back home. After playing that, I started the sims 4 again. And now I'm dealing with an issue here as well. As of the update this 13th, I go to load my household, and the music that plays saying the household is loaded plays, but the loading screen and music continues. First time, and this was the first time playing since the update on the 13th. I don't know how to resolve these two issues, but I'm pretty frustrated right now.