Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Quick Reply
Search this Thread
Field Researcher
Original Poster
#1 Old 2nd Jun 2018 at 5:03 PM
Default Time to step AWAY!
Hello all!

Been a member here for a few years now, mostly as a downloader. I've not really ventured into these lovely forums (aside from comments on creations), partly because I'm shy and partly because I have a tendency to get distracted by other games/TV shows/life and disappear from lengthy periods of time.

Anyway, while my membership here was the first outside of the official TS3 site, upon searching the net for mods for my own creations, I'd set up home on TSR. There was no real thought process behind that past "while I'm here, might as well upload this rug". There's only a handful of things there, but I've recently been feeling the need to step away from that site in terms of uploading.

There's a few reasons for this, namely their decision to revoke the option to revise a published submission (despite what the help section says). This came as a blow because I'd spent a month after my uninstall/reinstall, updating and refurbishing my first ever lot and wanted to share the new and improved version. I can't even change the credit requirements on published lots there. Needless to say, it feels too restrictive.

Anyway, I'll soon be uploading my improved lots and all future lots here. I hope you enjoy them.

I also hope I'll be done with the CC organisation soon following my uninstall/reinstall and get back to actually playing! I was really enjoying University Life, which is ironic considering how much I hated school.

B2 x
Advertisement
Field Researcher
Original Poster
#3 Old 3rd Jun 2018 at 12:14 AM
Quote: Originally posted by nitromon
LOL! The title is misleading, I thought you're stepping away from Sims 3.

But yes, I agree, TSR not allowing you to revise a published submission seems to be in error. I think that policy itself will lead to a lot of problems in the future for them.

Well, their loss is MTS' gain and a lot of members here would be very happy to see your work here.

Thanks I'm eager to get uploading. Just tidying up a few loose ends first.

I did step away from Sims 3 for about 5 months because I subscribed to the WWE Network and lost many hours re-living the glory of 2001.