Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Quick Reply
Search this Thread
Scholar
#26 Old 24th Jul 2014 at 11:34 AM
I've literally just saved myself £19.99 ish on Amazon shopping for FT and AL thanks to that link xD

Like many others, I'm trying to get it functional. I'm in the middle of backing up my original saved games.

The drop off has been made. You've been warned.
Advertisement
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#27 Old 24th Jul 2014 at 11:41 PM
Slow and steady wins the race... Still ok so far, just adding things folder by folder. I'm still wondering where my NL music went though.
Lab Assistant
#28 Old 25th Jul 2014 at 12:31 AM
I looked in my Documents folder and went in Electronic Arts, but there isn't anything labeled S2UC. It's in another folder: EA Games. I want cc in my game. Do I just create a S2UC folder and place it in Electronic Arts, or will it not work?
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#29 Old 25th Jul 2014 at 8:01 PM Last edited by asthehind : 25th Jul 2014 at 10:08 PM.
No, just create a Downloads (with a capital D) folder in the Sims 2 folder. You want it in the same folder as things like your Neighbourhoods, Pet Breeds and Config folders.
Test Subject
#30 Old 26th Jul 2014 at 2:38 AM
After you run the game once folders should appear in your documents area of the computer, mine made a downloads folder for me after the initial run, and from there I added in my cc.
Lab Assistant
#31 Old 26th Jul 2014 at 10:31 AM
Quote: Originally posted by rinarunine
Nono, guys. D: Your CC goes in Documents (or My Documents) > EA Games > The Sims 2 Ultimate Collection > Downloads. If there isn't a Downloads folder, make one.

Your CC does *not* go in your Program Files.

Thank you!

I read EA instructions and I copied my TS2 directory on the desktop. Inside there are CC, my families, everything.
Where do I have to put my neighborhoods? o.o
In the same place as CC?
Sorry for my English, I am not a native speaker.
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#32 Old 26th Jul 2014 at 2:51 PM
You put your neighbourhoods in Documents>EA Games>The Sims 2 Ultimate Collection>Neighbourhoods. Inside that folder you will see individual folders for each of your neighbourhoods, N001, F001 etc. You paste your old neighbourhood folders in here. So for example I wanted my Pleasantview save in my new game, so I copied my backup of N001 into my Neighbourhoods folder and pasted it over the blank N001 folder already in there. Your English is very good!
Lab Assistant
#33 Old 27th Jul 2014 at 11:36 AM
Quote: Originally posted by asthehind
You put your neighbourhoods in Documents>EA Games>The Sims 2 Ultimate Collection>Neighbourhoods. Inside that folder you will see individual folders for each of your neighbourhoods, N001, F001 etc. You paste your old neighbourhood folders in here. So for example I wanted my Pleasantview save in my new game, so I copied my backup of N001 into my Neighbourhoods folder and pasted it over the blank N001 folder already in there. Your English is very good!

Thank you so much for your help! The game is working perfectly and I have my families in the new game now with all my CC.
I also installed CEP manually and it is working.
Thanks for helping!!
Née whiterider
retired moderator
#34 Old 27th Jul 2014 at 12:07 PM
Correct, except for one thing - delete the old N00x folder before pasting your new one in. This avoids corrupting the 'hood. (It's not guaranteed that you'll corrupt the 'hood if you paste over an existing N00x folder, but it happens sometimes, and why take the risk?)

What I lack in decorum, I make up for with an absence of tact.
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#35 Old 27th Jul 2014 at 6:25 PM
I didn't know that! I'll have to remember that for the next neighbourhood I put in.
Lab Assistant
#36 Old 28th Jul 2014 at 7:10 AM Last edited by elly87 : 28th Jul 2014 at 1:10 PM.
Quote: Originally posted by Nysha
Correct, except for one thing - delete the old N00x folder before pasting your new one in. This avoids corrupting the 'hood. (It's not guaranteed that you'll corrupt the 'hood if you paste over an existing N00x folder, but it happens sometimes, and why take the risk?)

I didn't know and I pasted my 'hood on the existing one -.-
What can I do now?
I also realised that my witch sim is not sparkling anymore. Actually I do not remember when she stop sparkling, maybe before I installed UC. I hope it is not a sign of 'hood corruption..
Test Subject
#37 Old 29th Jul 2014 at 7:10 PM
None of my CAS cc will show up , all of my cc is in the Downloads folder , but only build/buy mode objects appear !!! I have all the meshes needed , CEP , ts2 Clean Installer , WinRAR to extract the files to their appropriate area , My custom content is enabled and their all package files , I also have the sims 2 ultimate collection , and a windows 8 computer . I just don't seem to figure out what the problem is !!!!!!!!!
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#38 Old 10th Aug 2014 at 2:19 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Xfin17
None of my CAS cc will show up , all of my cc is in the Downloads folder , but only build/buy mode objects appear !!! I have all the meshes needed , CEP , ts2 Clean Installer , WinRAR to extract the files to their appropriate area , My custom content is enabled and their all package files , I also have the sims 2 ultimate collection , and a windows 8 computer . I just don't seem to figure out what the problem is !!!!!!!!!

I've noticed this with some of my downloads too - try re-downloading and installing them, that worked for me.
Test Subject
#39 Old 27th Sep 2014 at 3:01 AM
Hello I have the Sims 2 ultimate collection. Where are the saved games stored? My computer had to be wiped due to some issues so i saved the the Sims folder from Documents>EA Games> The Sims 2 Ultimate Collection. When i got my commuter back i re installed the game through origin and then put the folder back. my pictures and videos show up but not my families nor houses. Did i do something wrong? thanks in advance for your help.
Page 2 of 2