Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Quick Reply
Search this Thread
Undead Molten Llama
#26 Old 24th Jul 2014 at 2:42 AM
Quote: Originally posted by scarletwings
Cheers, iCad - good to know there is something out there that may help. I'll have a bigger search tonight and see if I can turn something up this time. This is not discouraging me from my relentless big porch construction though!

I found the mod I use. It's Cyjon's, and it's here: http://www.cyjon.net/node/93

Unmodded, I believe the programming has it that gifts are left by the front door, and if there's not enough space there this can cause problems/weird behavior. The thing is, the game defines the "front door" as the last door placed on the lot...which may not be the house's actual front door. For instance, if you build a shed on a lot after having already played the lot for a while, then the lot's "front door" will become the door on the shed. Or, if when the lot was built the builder placed the back door last, then the game sees the back door as the "front door." So, gifts can be placed in unpredictable spots.

With this mod in place gifts always go by the mailbox, which usually has some space around it. And , in my experience, with this mod in place, gifts can be left on the road by the mailbox, if the mailbox is by the road. So, there's usually space for even the big gifts like hot tubs and dance spheres.

I'm mostly found on (and mostly upload to) Tumblr these days because, alas, there are only 24 hours in a day.
Muh Simblr! | An index of my downloads on Tumblr.
Advertisement
Field Researcher
Original Poster
#27 Old 24th Jul 2014 at 4:50 AM
Quote: Originally posted by iCad
I found the mod I use. It's Cyjon's, and it's here: http://www.cyjon.net/node/93

Incredible - thanks so much for tracking it down for me, iCad! Now I can build to my heart's content and not worry about missing out - really appreciate it.
Inventor
#28 Old 24th Jul 2014 at 5:25 AM
Quote: Originally posted by Rusty55
Pizzatron, the picture with cowplant is awesome. It made me think of Morticia Addams and her man eating plant Cleopatra.

Ahh, another Addams Family viewer, I see! I'm glad that I'm not the only one who remembers Cleopatra. The movies with Julia and Huston have their charms, but it's hard to beat the old TV show.

I still remember that one episode where Uncle Fester's reading some marriage psychologist's newspaper article about perfectly happy marriages being bad, unstable and prone to divorce, so he tries everything to get Gomez and Morticia to start arguing. He fails miserably. So then Fester calls up the marriage psychologist who wrote that article and tries to get him to wreck their marriage. The psychologist shows up, and he ends up trying to seduce Morticia. So then Gomez challenges the psychologist to a swordsmen's duel. And I didn't get to see the ending. How did it end?

(But the pic with the Cowplant was purely coincidental, I assure you. )
Top Secret Researcher
#29 Old 24th Jul 2014 at 3:58 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Pizzatron-9000
Ahh, another Addams Family viewer, I see! I'm glad that I'm not the only one who remembers Cleopatra. The movies with Julia and Huston have their charms, but it's hard to beat the old TV show.

I still remember that one episode where Uncle Fester's reading some marriage psychologist's newspaper article about perfectly happy marriages being bad, unstable and prone to divorce, so he tries everything to get Gomez and Morticia to start arguing. He fails miserably. So then Fester calls up the marriage psychologist who wrote that article and tries to get him to wreck their marriage. The psychologist shows up, and he ends up trying to seduce Morticia. So then Gomez challenges the psychologist to a swordsmen's duel. And I didn't get to see the ending. How did it end?

(But the pic with the Cowplant was purely coincidental, I assure you. )

I remember the episode but it has been quite a few years since I seen it. You can bet Gomez won though, Gomez and Morticia had a love like no other. After seeing the picture of the cowplant, I ordered the old Adams Family TV series on DVD. When I get it, I will tell you how it ended.
Undead Molten Llama
#30 Old 24th Jul 2014 at 5:46 PM
Quote: Originally posted by scarletwings
Incredible - thanks so much for tracking it down for me, iCad! Now I can build to my heart's content and not worry about missing out - really appreciate it.

Not a problem. It was pretty easy to find in my downloads. And once I knew what it was called and who made it, finding the link was easy. Happy building!

I'm mostly found on (and mostly upload to) Tumblr these days because, alas, there are only 24 hours in a day.
Muh Simblr! | An index of my downloads on Tumblr.
Inventor
#31 Old 24th Jul 2014 at 6:15 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Rusty55
I remember the episode but it has been quite a few years since I seen it. You can bet Gomez won though, Gomez and Morticia had a love like no other. After seeing the picture of the cowplant, I ordered the old Adams Family TV series on DVD. When I get it, I will tell you how it ended.

Huzzah! :D

And as more than one person on the internet has said, "Screw Romeo and Juliet! I want a love like Gomez and Morticia!" I also recall Gomez being quite the swordmaster, so my money's on him winning the duel too.
Page 2 of 2