Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Quick Reply
Search this Thread
Scholar
Original Poster
#1 Old 24th Jul 2014 at 10:12 AM
Default Are there any existing mods for hanging out stood up/on chairs?
I've just always thought it was a bit silly, my sims hanging out cross legged on the floor right in front of the living room settee.

Also, while I think of it, are there any mods disabling elders from running?
Advertisement
Née whiterider
retired moderator
#2 Old 24th Jul 2014 at 10:27 AM
You know, I'm sure that years ago my sims used to sit on armchairs to hang out. They don't any more. I dunno if it was a mod or a patch/EP thing or what...

What I lack in decorum, I make up for with an absence of tact.
Top Secret Researcher
#3 Old 24th Jul 2014 at 3:15 PM
Correct me if I'm wrong, but if two or more Sims sit on chairs in the same room, they will automatically start talking to each other. Try placing a few couches or chairs near each other, have them sit, and they should start talking. I know for certain it works at the dinner table.
Scholar
Original Poster
#4 Old 25th Jul 2014 at 9:20 AM
Quote: Originally posted by k6ka
Correct me if I'm wrong, but if two or more Sims sit on chairs in the same room, they will automatically start talking to each other. Try placing a few couches or chairs near each other, have them sit, and they should start talking. I know for certain it works at the dinner table.

That's true. It's just difficult to make a non-playable sim stay there to keep talking. Hang out seems a lot more controllable.
Top Secret Researcher
#5 Old 25th Jul 2014 at 3:34 PM
You can use testingcheatsenabled to make them selectable, and then go into Options and turn Free Will off. They should sit and talk forever, at least until their Hunger motive drops to rock bottom.
Instructor
#6 Old 25th Jul 2014 at 3:51 PM
Yeah, but I agree with Snufflepaws. Mainly because I have a "hang-out is fun" mod, so it's a great way for my Sims to become friends and unwind. So, there really isn't a mod that lets them hang out with others while standing, even? 'Cause they do look pretty stupid, especially when they're supposed to be prim and proper ladies having a good gab, but they're sitting cross-legged on the floor. Oh, well.