Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Quick Reply
Search this Thread
Meet Me In My Next Life
Original Poster
#1 Old 21st Jul 2014 at 11:04 PM
Default Ok Ghost It Is Time For You To Leave
I really forgot just how annoying a ghost can be until I let one tombstone stay on it's home lot. I have learn things I never knew a ghost would do or could do.
I was so shock at the things I was seeing, I knew I did not do anything to corrupt my game( I learn what not to do a long time ago to keep my game from not being corrupt. ) So that was "not" the problem.

Instead the ghost was the big problem some of the things that was happening I did not know about, until I pick up my "Official Prima Game Guide to read" about the Sims 2 basics about ghosts.
I will say "yes or no" to some of the things the ghost was doing or not doing as follow: Feel free members to add your own ghosts experiences that happen in your own game.

1. Dining chairs: Float even if a Sim is sitting in them - Yes
2. toy xylophone: Plays by itself - No
3. Piano: Plays by itself: - Yes
4. Microwave: Floats, opens, and close - No
5. Surgical dummy: Floats - No
6. Tubs and shower: Fill with water and bubbles; if the ghost is in a bad mood, he'll dirty the tub or shower - Yes
7.Teddy bear : Floats and head rotates - Yes- this one really shock me.
8. Table lamps: Floats - If ghost is angry it may be broken - No
9. Making flowers wilt: No
10. Turning the TV and stereos: On and off - Yes - this action was driving me crazy and kept my Sims from not sleeping.

I often wonder why some ghosts colors or appearance was different from reading the basic game guide book this is what it said as follow:

1. Burned : Red, smoking
2.Drowned: Blue, leave puddles behind
3. Electrocution: Yellow, spark and electrify occasionally
4. Hunger: Normal but transparent
5. Old age: White
6. Disease: Green
7. Scared to death: Pink
8. Death by flies: Purple
9.Death by satellite: Orange

The behavior of my ghost was just a bit too much it always made my Sims pee on themselves,
what made me so mad was the ghost went after my Sims child age children and scare the living day light out of them, leaving them in tears.
That it ! Ghost it is time for you to have a vacation off to my community grave lot. May you now rest in peace above or in hell.

"Nothing in life is a Surprise it just happen to come your way at the time".
Advertisement
Mad Poster
#2 Old 21st Jul 2014 at 11:18 PM
The teddy bear animation is really cool and spooky. So far the only truly troublesome ghost I've had has been my first Dora Ottomaswho died with a low aspiration while pottytraining a grandchild. In contrast, I'm quite enjoying it when Angel Hart haunts. She's appeared to her husband's second wife (can't blame her for that; she's only human) and her son's Knowledge girlfriend, played the xylophone for the cop who broke up her youngest daughter's off-to-college party, tries to play teddy bear with her husband's child by the second wife (which doesn't so much frighten as bewilder her), and mostly drifts around the house re-enacting her death and snooping, looking more pleased than otherwise. She does tend to wake the second wife up when she cheers for her bed, but she didn't do anything to endanger the second pregnancy. (Her husband doesn't believe in ghosts and thinks all this is overactive imagination and bad dreams.)

The House of Fallen Trees Ghosts are visibly pissed off, but never come into the house, so I'm not sure how other people have managed to get scared to death by them. It's easy to be inside at nightfall. Hilary Aerius behaves much like Angel Hart (without the second wife bit) and only appears to Knowledge sims during parties. Spring Thyme was so bad to her dad while he was pregnant I felt obliged to resurrect her, but she didn't do any interesting effects, either, just scared people. The cat used to watch her with supreme indifference. I wish John Thomas Orphan did more of that stuff, but all he ever does is spook people, raid the fridge, and mess with the TV and stereo. He changes the station as well as turning it off and on. The Bubblers built a second story so they could go upstairs and get away from him, and they have lots of night time parties to spread out his attentions.

I don't normally have table lamps, flowers, or microwaves, but I've got lots of dining chairs. I want to see that one!

Ugly is in the heart of the beholder.
(My simblr isSim Media Res . Widespot,Widespot RFD: The Subhood, and Land Grant University are all available here. In case you care.)
Scholar
#3 Old 22nd Jul 2014 at 10:24 AM Last edited by Aegagropilon : 22nd Jul 2014 at 11:18 AM.
Seeing that list makes me wish there were still ghosts at Olive's house!

In my experience playing the game, I've found that the fire ghosts are the angriest. They float around looking for someone -- anyone! -- to spook and ignore haunting furniture in favor of terrorizing the living. Ghosts can also catch their former partners "cheating": Elwood Valley's former live-in girlfriend Chloe Curious inherited his house after he spontaneously combusted and one of his night-time hauntings caught her being a Romance Sim with one of her other lovers. Ghosts can't slap, but they can cause a "caught cheating by X" when "X" is a ghost! (It says something about sickness ghost Angel Hart that she hasn't "caught Val cheating" with his new wife in Peni's game.)

Starvation ghosts can raid the fridge, and I think -- it's been a few years since I last had a haunted house; Angel never haunted in my Widespot, despite attempts to provoke her -- ghosts can take bubble-baths!

My CC creations, updated April 21, 2015.

My Simblr
Née whiterider
retired moderator
#4 Old 22nd Jul 2014 at 11:48 AM
Ghosts are really quite variable. Early on in Nairnwind's life, one of my founders, Devorah Dareme, was struck by lightning while autonomously flying a kite in the rain (and while pregnant!), and died. For the next few rotations, she would constantly float through her daughter's bedroom at night, and the daughter would wake up every single time... she ended up sleeping on the sofa just so she could actually sleep.

On the other hand, she only scared her husband once - despite the fact that he was cheerfully sleeping with the woman she had always feared he'd cheat on her with.

The stereo thing drives me nuts. I can't remember which family it was now... actually, it might even have been back in the day when I was playing TS3. But I had one ghost who would turn the damn stereo on so often, that I ended up putting it in someone's inventory every sim night just so they could get some quiet. :P

What I lack in decorum, I make up for with an absence of tact.
Mad Poster
#5 Old 22nd Jul 2014 at 1:43 PM Last edited by Peni Griffin : 22nd Jul 2014 at 2:22 PM. Reason: wrong neighborhood!
Ghosts can take bubblebaths, Aegagropilon! Mary and Nathan Gavigan of Drama Acres do it constantly when they haunt. And ghost dogs can challenge intruders, both other dogs and people. Unfortunately "intruders" includes new family members.

(My simblr isSim Media Res . Widespot,Widespot RFD: The Subhood, and Land Grant University are all available here. In case you care.)
Mad Poster
#6 Old 22nd Jul 2014 at 2:00 PM
Seeing as I use to play only the base game (where tombstones can't be moved to town graveyards) I use to have a loooot of ghosts walking around every single house. Most don't bother me - but one family was terrible:
The Bunte family consisted of 2 men (Joe and Al), their youngest adopted son (Kaleb) and his pregnant teenage girlfriend (Kayla). One of the fathers (Joe) died of old age and that was fine for a while, then after the teenage parents had their daughter (Shanene), suddenly Joe started acting crazy. He would scare anyone. Eventually he scared his son's girlfriend to death - luckily she was saved by Kaleb. Then after he had saved her, Joe then scared him to death. It got worse though, when Shanene turned into a teenager - her father AND both her grandfathers started scaring her, her mother and her half-brothers Ty and Tyler to the point where Tyler got taken by the social worker. They all eventually moved out for a while to live with Kayla's parents (Benjamin Long and Andrea Hogan) instead. I planned on moving Ty back in to that creepy house when he's older because he became a knowledge Sim.

~Your friendly neighborhood ginge
Scholar
#7 Old 22nd Jul 2014 at 3:57 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Peni Griffin
Ghosts can take bubblebaths, Aegagropilon! Mary and Nathan Gavigan of Drama Acres do it constantly when they haunt. And ghost dogs can challenge intruders, both other dogs and people. Unfortunately "intruders" includes new family members.

Awesome This is making me want to add the potentially-haunted Banks family to Widespot.

My CC creations, updated April 21, 2015.

My Simblr
Meet Me In My Next Life
Original Poster
#8 Old 22nd Jul 2014 at 8:14 PM
About the ghost that die from hunger : It will open the fridge and remove five food units - No- I never had that happen, but that was one of the things mention in the Sims 2 basics game guide, that a ghost will do.
I have always wonder for years why Darren Dreamer dead wife ( Darlene ) ghost was so hateful while roaming around on the home lot ( Pleasantview ) well now I know after re- reading the Basic Prima Game guide.

1. Darlene died off her home lot, and her color was "Red" so she died a horrifying death in the flame of fire. ( poor pixel soul ) She was so full of anger and hate on her home lot, to the point that Darren could not even date or have Cassandra Goth over. She would not even let her own son Dirk Dreamer have a peaceful night sleep, she would stand by his window ranting. I end up moving her to my "Skylawn Cemetery" so the family can get some peace. The only time Darlene seem to look peaceful, was when she was being haul off and waving goodbye to her family. Then soon after that both Darren and Dirk Dreamer wanted her to be resurrected. ( Not )

2. The Goth Family dead relatives was not so bad there was six of his family members buried on his lot :

A. Simon Crumplebottom - Mortimer Goth was so scare to see his ghost he pee on himself.
B. Agnes Crumplebottom - Scare the living day light out of Cassandra Goth, she also pee on herself, and Alexander was scare by her.
C. Gunther Goth - He was the father of Mortimer, he died in "Fire" because his color was red,he just love looking at his son Mortimer
D. Gretle Goth -
E. Cornelia Goth - Mother of Mortimer - Scare little Alexander while playing outside until he pee and cry.
F. Victor Goth

Agnes Crumplebottom she seem to be more of the hateful ghost after she scare Alexander ( I do not like to see children being pick on ) I move them all to my Shylawn Cemetery.
After they all was move to their new location the head of the family Mortimer wanted them all to come back as "zombies" ( Not ) Mortimer love his father ( Gunther Goth ) and for days kept thinking of him.

Note: About Simon Crumplebottom and Agnes Crumplebottom there is a long list of theories in the Sims community as to if they are or not a distant relative of Mrs. Crumplebottom.
My own opinion here is maybe Agnes Crumplebottom is relative to Mrs. C because out of all the ghosts she was hateful just like Mrs. Crumplebottom.

Meet Me In My Next Life
Original Poster
#9 Old 23rd Jul 2014 at 9:58 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Aegagropilon
Seeing that list makes me wish there were still ghosts at Olive's house!

In my experience playing the game, I've found that the fire ghosts are the angriest. They float around looking for someone -- anyone! -- to spook and ignore haunting furniture in favor of terrorizing the living. Ghosts can also catch their former partners "cheating": Elwood Valley's former live-in girlfriend Chloe Curious inherited his house after he spontaneously combusted and one of his night-time hauntings caught her being a Romance Sim with one of her other lovers. Ghosts can't slap, but they can cause a "caught cheating by X" when "X" is a ghost! (It says something about sickness ghost Angel Hart that she hasn't "caught Val cheating" with his new wife in Peni's game.)

Starvation ghosts can raid the fridge, and I think -- it's been a few years since I last had a haunted house; Angel never haunted in my Widespot, despite attempts to provoke her -- ghosts can take bubble-baths!

@> aegagropilon > For me it was so Long ago that I did not have any ghosts in my game, I send them packing. But since I started over again using a Clean template,
I do find it interest, their haunting got so out of hand I had to place a few of the death departed on a community.
But if you want them to haunt on the community lot, you need to let the ghost first come out on their home lot first. If not they will never come out to haunt on a community lot.

Inventor
#10 Old 24th Jul 2014 at 9:26 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Simonut
Instead the ghost was the big problem some of the things that was happening I did not know about, until I pick up my "Official Prima Game Guide to read" about the Sims 2 basics about ghosts.
I will say "yes or no" to some of the things the ghost was doing or not doing as follow: Feel free members to add your own ghosts experiences that happen in your own game.

Okay.

1. Dining chairs: Float even if a Sim is sitting in them - Yes
2. toy xylophone: Plays by itself - No
3. Piano: Plays by itself: - Yes
4. Microwave: Floats, opens, and close - No
5. Surgical dummy: Floats - No
6. Tubs and shower: Fill with water and bubbles; if the ghost is in a bad mood, he'll dirty the tub or shower - Yes
7.Teddy bear : Floats and head rotates - Yes- this one really shock me.
8. Table lamps: Floats - If ghost is angry it may be broken - No
9. Making flowers wilt: No
10. Turning the TV and stereos: On and off - Yes - this action was driving me crazy and kept my Sims from not sleeping.

I would like to add that ghosts can also use wishing wells to scare Sims. I sent one of my ex-townie Sims to the Wishing Well while a ghost was drifting around nearby. She made a wish for money. The ghost disappeared. The wishing well started playing twinkly music and radiating green light, like it always does before your wish is granted. Then the ghost popped out of the well and BOOGA-BOOGA-BOOGA'ed right in her face, scaring half the life out of her. She didn't even get her $1,000, either.

1. Burned : Red, smoking
2.Drowned: Blue, leave puddles behind
3. Electrocution: Yellow, spark and electrify occasionally
4. Hunger: Normal but transparent
5. Old age: White
6. Disease: Green
7. Scared to death: Pink
8. Death by flies: Purple
9.Death by satellite: Orange

My Simmy ghost in the anecdote above was the ghost of someone who got eaten by a Cowplant, and he's green. So death by Cowplant results in green ghosts, too. I've also heard that vampires who die by sunlight become white ghosts (like the ghosts of Sims who die from old age), but I haven't seen this one yet. I'm too careful about keeping my vampires out of the sun, I guess.

But ghosts are definitely worth keeping around if you have Knowledge Sims living on the lot, as ghosts can help them fulfill both the "See a ghost" Want and the "Be saved from Death" Want. The former can be fulfilled any time the ghost appears, but for the latter, you need either at least one other playable Sim who has a strong relationship to the dying Sim or, if the Sim to have the NDE has a genie lamp handy, a successful wish to cheat Death. Then your Sim with the latter Want just runs around chasing the ghost until the ghost finally scares him/her to death and the Grim Reaper shows up. Then the dying Sim's friend/lover/family member/self just beats Grimmy at "Guess Which Hand," and the Sim nets an easy 8,000 Aspiration points. The power to cheat Death only lasts a finite number of times, though, so you might consider getting another Sim to move in and form a bond of some sort.

I wonder if Captain Dregg from the pirate ships can fulfill that "See a ghost" want too. I should try that one of these days.
Mad Poster
#11 Old 24th Jul 2014 at 9:33 PM
I don't know if its the fact the Cordelia Capp died in a fire, or if its something else that makes her a nightmare ghost. She is majorly pissed off and broke a lamp and a phone by the bedroom where her urn is, scared Consort Capp 5 times, scared Tybalt twice and Hermia twice all in one night.

I now move all the graves from the Capp Manor to a cemetery on a different lot, one major reason is so Cordelia doesn't terrorize everyone living in the Capp Manor.
Meet Me In My Next Life
Original Poster
#12 Old 24th Jul 2014 at 11:07 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Orilon
I don't know if its the fact the Cordelia Capp died in a fire, or if its something else that makes her a nightmare ghost. She is majorly pissed off and broke a lamp and a phone by the bedroom where her urn is, scared Consort Capp 5 times, scared Tybalt twice and Hermia twice all in one night.

I now move all the graves from the Capp Manor to a cemetery on a different lot, one major reason is so Cordelia doesn't terrorize everyone living in the Capp Manor.

@> > Orilon >> I just not to long ago finish dealing with all the Goth dead relatives "Cordelia did not died in a fire her ghost color was normal ( old age ) she was Mortimer mother.
The only one out of all six buried there who died in a "Fire" is Gunther Goth. ( he was Mortimer father )

@>>Pizzatron >> Very interest to know that the ghosts can use the "Wishing Well."

Mad Poster
#13 Old 24th Jul 2014 at 11:27 PM
But he's not talking about the Goths, Simonut! He's talking about the Capps - Cordelia, not Cornelia. There's a big difference.

Meet Me In My Next Life
Original Poster
#14 Old 24th Jul 2014 at 11:34 PM Last edited by Simonut : 24th Jul 2014 at 11:50 PM.
Quote: Originally posted by Peni Griffin
But he's not talking about the Goths, Simonut! He's talking about the Capps - Cordelia, not Cornelia. There's a big difference.

@>> Peni Griffin >> Oops thank you for the correction, I forgot all about the Capps, there name is so close looking that you have to look carefully at the spelling. I agree.

@>>Orilon >>Your feeling is right Cordelia Capp did died in a "Fire" and her husband as well. http://sims.wikia.com/wiki/Cordelia_Capp
Now I see why that rich old Consort Capp is so hateful over there in Veronaville, hatefuness must run on his side of the family. lol

Lab Assistant
#15 Old 25th Jul 2014 at 12:58 AM
A sim died at my house from old age along with her husband. A new family moved in and got married. At their wedding party, the lady appeared and scared all the guests, causing them to pee themselves and leave. She always turned the tv on and the stereo. The husband NEVER came out. EVER. His wife kept scaring the lady's husband and even scared her once when she was pregnant. I got rid of the tombstones after that.
Lab Assistant
#16 Old 25th Jul 2014 at 12:59 AM
@>> Peni Griffin >> Oops thank you for the correction, I forgot all about the Capps, there name is so close looking that you have to look carefully at the spelling. I agree.

@>>Orilon >>Your feeling is right Cordelia Capp did died in a "Fire" and her husband as well. http://sims.wikia.com/wiki/Cordelia_Capp
Now I see why that rich old Consort Capp is so hateful over there in Veronaville, hatefuness must run on his side of the family. lol

I also thought I saw Cornelia.
Scholar
#17 Old 25th Jul 2014 at 1:14 AM
These threads give me so many feels.

I spent so much time playing TS1/TS2, but I had a very specific playstyle, which was cheat- and CC-heavy, and I didn't interact with the community much. I basically never played any premade Sims, never investigated the backstories, I just made my own pretties and got them lots of pimped-out houses, and then as I got older, switched to a heavily micromanaged rotational hood style (which also meant every single townie I saw got hijacked by me and made over, or killed off if deemed unworthy). I tended to only follow a few career paths and a few hobbies (usually fitness and cooking), and just generally had tunnel vision.

TL;DR I had no idea ghosts could do all this stuff. I didn't even know you could have ghost dogs.
Lab Assistant
#18 Old 25th Jul 2014 at 7:14 AM
I remember the ghosts scared me. What? I was under the age of twelve when I played this.
I never liked the cowplant; that thing scared me as well.
The ghosts just scare my sims and move stuff.
Inventor
#19 Old 25th Jul 2014 at 7:19 PM
Quote: Originally posted by gwynne
These threads give me so many feels.

I spent so much time playing TS1/TS2, but I had a very specific playstyle, which was cheat- and CC-heavy, and I didn't interact with the community much. I basically never played any premade Sims, never investigated the backstories, I just made my own pretties and got them lots of pimped-out houses, and then as I got older, switched to a heavily micromanaged rotational hood style (which also meant every single townie I saw got hijacked by me and made over, or killed off if deemed unworthy). I tended to only follow a few career paths and a few hobbies (usually fitness and cooking), and just generally had tunnel vision.

TL;DR I had no idea ghosts could do all this stuff. I didn't even know you could have ghost dogs.

As I recall, the ghosts of dead pets can satisfy a Knowledge Sim's "See a ghost" Want too. But ghost pets don't seem to feel much need to scare Sims, so getting them to interact with a Sim (and thus fill the Want) isn't so easy. But it's possible.

Pets also have shorter lifespans, which explains why my Lupina family already has four ghost dogs roaming around. And their greyhound is really old (and the Lupinas are too busy buying Elixir of Life to buy a lot of Kibble of Life), so they might have a fifth ghost dog soon. It's sad, really...almost as sad as hearing the entire pack of dogs doing that mass mournful howling whenever the Grim Reaper shows up. And watching the Grim Reaper throw a stick or a catnip mouse straight upward to lure your dog or your cat into Pet Heaven.
Meet Me In My Next Life
Original Poster
#20 Old 26th Jul 2014 at 8:33 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Pizzatron-9000
As I recall, the ghosts of dead pets can satisfy a Knowledge Sim's "See a ghost" Want too. But ghost pets don't seem to feel much need to scare Sims, so getting them to interact with a Sim (and thus fill the Want) isn't so easy. But it's possible.

Pets also have shorter lifespans, which explains why my Lupina family already has four ghost dogs roaming around. And their greyhound is really old (and the Lupinas are too busy buying Elixir of Life to buy a lot of Kibble of Life), so they might have a fifth ghost dog soon. It's sad, really...almost as sad as hearing the entire pack of dogs doing that mass mournful howling whenever the Grim Reaper shows up. And watching the Grim Reaper throw a stick or a catnip mouse straight upward to lure your dog or your cat into Pet Heaven.

@>>Pizzatron>> Pets seem to have a better "After Life Than the Sims" they also have the same colors as a Sims when they are ghost if they died of old age; if they died by fire than they are red just like a Sims who have died that way.
Pets seem to be very pleased as they get taken away to "Pet Heaven" by the Grim Reaper, pets can only interact with other ghosts pets and ghost Sims.
But if you have a Sims that is just plain outright hateful they will haunt a Sims forever, that is if you do not move them to a community lot. I have yet to see a hateful ghost of a pet, most I seem are nice.

Inventor
#21 Old 26th Jul 2014 at 9:29 PM
Pet ghosts usually are nice and benign; that's why my Sims have so very few opportunities to interact with them. I remember how the Lupina family's Boxer didn't get along with their German Shepherd. Then the Boxer died from old age, and once or twice I saw the German Shepherd barking at his ghost as it drifted by, or I'd look away to handle something else and I'd come back to the German Shepherd to find him peeing himself or cringing and the Boxer's ghost floating away. I'm not sure what happened there. Then the German Shepherd died, and I haven't really seen the Boxer's ghost interact with anyone--including the German Shepherd's ghost--ever since.

The ghost dogs never seem to give the Lupinas themselves any trouble. The ghost dogs have been known to make their own headstones float and rotate around quite often, though, and if a Sim's standing nearby when that happens, they sometimes react to it. And then I get annoyed because the ghosts always put the headstones back facing the wrong way, so I have to go to Buy Mode and fix that.
Mad Poster
#22 Old 27th Jul 2014 at 3:45 AM
I thought pets could only die of old age? I've never seen one die in a fire.

I've never seen one haunt a still living pet either. That could be interesting.
Undead Molten Llama
#23 Old 27th Jul 2014 at 4:37 AM
Ghost pets will haunt both living Sims and living pets. Mostly they're far more benign than human Sim ghosts, but occasionally...

I had two dogs in a family once who DESPISED each other. One or the other was always running away. One died earlier than the other and her ghost haunted the crap out of the survivor. And then when the other dog died, the two continued their rivalry into the afterlife, as well.

I miss them. That was an old neighborhood, long ago, that I don't have anymore.

I'm mostly found on (and mostly upload to) Tumblr these days because, alas, there are only 24 hours in a day.
Muh Simblr! | An index of my downloads on Tumblr.
Inventor
#24 Old 27th Jul 2014 at 6:16 AM
Well, you can always roll up new dogs and start some new Simmy memories, right? With what lessons we learned from playing the game in the past, we have what we need to make future families of Sims--and their pets--even better.

I'm thinking of rolling up a crazy cat lady next. One elderly woman living with eight cats (or whatever the upper limit on pets per family is; I can't remember). Think it might work?
Undead Molten Llama
#25 Old 27th Jul 2014 at 6:45 AM
Hell, Pizza, with a bigger families mod and if your system is up to it, you can have one crazy cat lady and 50 cats. I double-dog dare you to do it. Elderly might not be a good idea, though; CAS ones tend to die pretty quickly, thus ruining the "fun."

But yeah, I need to have some dogs what want to kill each other again, one o' these days.

I'm mostly found on (and mostly upload to) Tumblr these days because, alas, there are only 24 hours in a day.
Muh Simblr! | An index of my downloads on Tumblr.
Page 1 of 2