Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Quick Reply
Search this Thread
Scholar
Original Poster
#1 Old 22nd Jul 2014 at 4:36 PM
Default Which townie is your favourite? Why?
I believe I haven't seen a thread like this for a LONG while. and I'd like to ask which townie is your favourite.

Of course, please don't say Goopy GilsCarbo, because the majority will say Goopy at a first thought and not take into any thought.

I do like some of the ones that spawn with odd names, such as BV's Pong King and UNI's Naenae Barthelet (?) but my outright favourite has to be Jan Tellerman, as she was the first townie that accepted a hug from my Sim in my newbie days and we were Best Friends since.

What about you?! Which is your favourite townie/dormie/etc. ?!

The drop off has been made. You've been warned.
Advertisement
Mad Poster
#2 Old 22nd Jul 2014 at 4:47 PM
May I choose a townie, who has now become a playable? Because that is what tends to happen to my favourite townies?
Instructor
#3 Old 22nd Jul 2014 at 4:47 PM
I kinda like Marisa Bendett, she's excellent marriage material, if you can befriend her despite her grouchiness. Sophie Miguel (Pleasantview version) is also cool, she's aged up to an adult in my current hood and like Marisa she's not all that nice. What can I say, I like a challenge!
Undead Molten Llama
#4 Old 22nd Jul 2014 at 4:49 PM
Ben Long. Because he's hot. No, really, it's because of The Nose. I just love his nose. And his recessive genetics. That, and he's always something of a socially-awkward doofus in my game, which makes me want to snuggle him. This is why I have a BACCish thing where he's the founder and patriarch.

Not a big Goopy fan, myself. My other faves are:

1) Komei Tellerman. 'Cuz redhead. And because he's often a jerk, which I kind of like. I see him as the direct and often tactless kind who speaks his mind and doesn't mince around being all polite to spare other people's feewings. Kind of like me, at least in real life.

2) Joe Carr. 'Cuz...I don't know why. 'Cuz. Maybe because these two plus Ben are often shacked up in a fabulously polyamorous household in my game. Joe's the normal guy who's the buffer between Ben's clueless doofiness and Komei's loud-mouthed opinionatedness. He seems to work that way, anyway. Others I've tried have run in terror.

I'm mostly found on (and mostly upload to) Tumblr these days because, alas, there are only 24 hours in a day.
Muh Simblr! | An index of my downloads on Tumblr.
Scholar
Original Poster
#5 Old 22nd Jul 2014 at 4:50 PM
Quote: Originally posted by AndrewGloria
May I choose a townie, who has now become a playable? Because that is what tends to happen to my favourite townies?

Of course!

Lab Assistant
#6 Old 22nd Jul 2014 at 4:56 PM
I honestly can't say why, but my favorite is, without a doubt,Ivy Copur (Teen). I first noticed her years ago, she came home with one of my teens, and ever since then I've always taken her. Sometimes when starting a new town I'll send her to Collage right away, sometimes I'll wait until my town is built up a bit, but I ALWAYS grab her eventually, and once I do she becomes a focus.
Theorist
#7 Old 22nd Jul 2014 at 5:26 PM
- Kennedy Cox, he actually turns out to be pretty good marriage material, but only when paired with the right Sim. He does have a little bit of an unpredictable streak though; which I really like as well.

- Neil Trimble (though he's not a townie), he's a Bon Voyage tourist Sim and just a total sweetie (that's really the thing I like about him). I normally move him in with someone, just to keep him in the main neighborhood, instead of vacation neighborhoods.

As for Goopy, not a fan. Not a fan. I personally find him annoying.

“Seize the time... Live now! Make now always the most precious time. Now will never come again.” ― Jean-Luc Picard
Instructor
#8 Old 22nd Jul 2014 at 5:33 PM
Amy Jones! Although really, I love my Pleasantview townies and a lot of them will become playables in my new hood: Marisa and Abhijeet are marrying into families, Goopy and Melissa have a little accident, the Ivy Copurs are a mother-daughter duo (thanks to SimPE)...

I'm also quite fond of the AL roomies, particularly the two redhead steampunk girls.
Mad Poster
#9 Old 22nd Jul 2014 at 6:00 PM
Crystal Vu in Strangetown. Paired her a few times with one of the Curious brothers, and they had such adorable kids.
Mad Poster
#10 Old 22nd Jul 2014 at 6:19 PM
The one and only reason I've installed the Far East vacation spot into my new hood is to get hold of Pong Grundstrom again - I think he's my all time favourite. Soft spot for Orlando Centowski, From the AL townies I really like Phil Jitsemakol (?) - he makes a great playable Sim.
Mad Poster
#11 Old 22nd Jul 2014 at 6:19 PM Last edited by AndrewGloria : 23rd Jul 2014 at 1:00 AM. Reason: Typo (changed "bedside" to "beside")
My absolute favourite is the Tricou boy with the longish black hair. He's called Ravi Bertino in my Veronaville and he looks very like Mercutio Monty. But in my game he has a much nicer nature. He's basically a Virgo but I gave him 5 extra nice points so he could put participate in an open relationship with my CAS teen Jack Gill. (It gave him the 15 outgoing + playful + nice points that you need for open relationships with Pescado's Romance Mod.) That has made him into the gentlest, most self-effacing, good natured Sim in my whole game. He goes along with the open relationship and has relationships with other boys, but I get the impression that he only does that because he knows it's what Jack wants, and he'd be just as happy in a more normal exclusive relationship. I have no doubt that he really loves Jack. Ravi somehow got invited to Titania and Oberon's wedding and looked as if he felt totally out of place among all the toffs there. Instead of eating wedding cake, he went into the kitchen and ate a packet of crisps. I've seen other Sims laughing when Mallory Mace was trying to play the piano, but when Joseph Lampard was playing his first faltering notes, Ravi, who is a good pianist, stood beside him making encouraging noises; despite the irony that Joe had been given the piano as a date reward by Jack, who has never given Ravi anything but roses. But Ravi really loves Jack and doesn't hold any grudges. After all he was an orphan (I think his father is buried at the House of Falling Trees) before the Downtown gay teen set welcomed him, and Jack took him in and gave him somewhere to live, so he'll always be grateful. As a pleasure Sim, Ravi takes delight in the little things of life too. He never looks happier than when he's playing SSX-3 or playing with his radio-controlled toy car. All in all Ravi is very happy with the lot that life has dealt him.

As for my favourite townie who is still a townie, I think I'll go for Veronaville teen Ralph Enriquez. I've already posted his story here .
Mad Poster
#12 Old 22nd Jul 2014 at 6:31 PM
Meadow Thayer--in part because when I started reading people's stories everyone said, oh, she'll kiss anyone, and my Meadows have never, ever been anything like that. She gets the prize for most refused flirt animations and most refused first kiss animations. (She's shy?) She'll befriend anyone but she's not easy.
I'm also pretty fond of Marsha Bruening, who usually gets adopted by my Ottomas family. Sharla likes having a little sister and Marsha loves having family.

Pics from my game: Sunbee's Simblr Sunbee's Livejournal
"English is a marvelous edged weapon if you know how to wield it." C.J. Cherryh
Mad Poster
#13 Old 22nd Jul 2014 at 8:20 PM
How can I possibly choose one from such a huge pool?

Favorite service sim: Amy Jones. That ski-slope nose, that shy smile!

Favorite Tricou: The Girl in the Leopard Hat. Her name is Lora in my game and she has restored the family fortunes and the House of Fallen Trees, forming the nucleus of the family and providing a stable refuge for any of them who need one. But my favorite male one is the Black Tricou, Derek Zarubin, who is unfalteringly loyal to his other sister, Bad News Beverly Ku, though he's familiar with each and every one of her faults. He's great with kids, and fell in love with a bi man who got himself into difficulties with a telescope, and basically rescued him from an untenable situation by marrying him. Skylar accepted the rescue, but was a lot more attracted to women than men and their marriage has had a lot of difficulties. But Derek has been invariably patient and good-natured about - well, everything, really, whether Skylar or his relatives or his friends throw Drama at him he always greets it with aplomb and gets on with the next thing that needs to be done. Alien hybrid Estella adores him and calls him Dadick.

Favorite Dormie: Red-headed Secret Society guy from SSU, in my game named Jim Spitzig. He joined the frat, roomed with a brother for awhile after graduation, and has a strong taste for Bad Girls, to the point that he insisted on marrying Bad News Bev even though he knew better and his buddy Derek strongly advised him against it. He's always treated the illegitimate toddler she came with like his own son - the very first thing he did when Tri crawled onto the lot after the wedding was pick him up and play with him. He works hard, he parties hard, he pays Bev's bills without complaint.

Favorite Strangetownie: Crystal Vu! Though she didn't stay a townie long. Lazlo was wild about her, she responded well, and she and Pascal's daughter Mitchella formed a beautiful and cohesive bond the first time she came over to the house. She and Vidcund are a team when it comes to protecting the more vulnerable members of the family (i.e., everyone but these two) from prying eyes, malicious gossip, and general meanness. She is working on bonding with her sisters-in-law so that they can coordinate their work as Women in Charge of the Curious Boys. She's also best friends with Mary Gavigan, who needs a best friend, poor thing...

Favorite non-Tricou Downtownie: Mr. Big. He's a slick bastard. I had no idea who he was when Madge Estic married him in a whirlwind courtship. He'd married a woman too good for him, and he knew it. He primps at hilarious moments, found her work ethic fascinating (he could watch it all day), spoiled their daughter rotten - and cheated on her with the Diva and wrote romance novels based on the affair. The high charisma means he can pull off the lack of nice points and make you like it. He's spending his golden years wrangling twins with the Diva and writing romance novels and showing me a great time. He refuses to marry the Diva, but will remain Madge's widower till the day he dies.

Favorite adult Pleasantview Townie: Goopy, for sure, though I changed his name. I think he's quite handsome, and he forms the mature, stable core of the Swingin' Bachelors household, a house that's a lot of fun to play. But I renamed him Gary because, honestly, that name!

Favorite Teen Pleasantview Townie: holey cheese, Ricky Cormier is hot! I made him Gary's nephew and he's one of the Swingin' Bachelors.

Favorite Social Group townie: Christy Inada spontaneously made friends with Nervous when Loki brought her home, and after Olive died became his caretaker so he wouldn't have to live alone in that house. Nervous set her up with Pascal, who she just married. It's not just anybody who can spontaneously make friends with Nervous in a single evening! She also sat down and played with Kriemhild, Circe and Loki's spawn. She has a highly sympathetic demeanor, and I use her for tasks requiring tact, which neither of her sisters-in-law (Crystal and Monica Bratford) are much good at, and the Boys and Nervous never heard of.

Ugly is in the heart of the beholder.
(My simblr isSim Media Res . Widespot,Widespot RFD: The Subhood, and Land Grant University are all available here. In case you care.)
Instructor
#14 Old 22nd Jul 2014 at 8:27 PM
Mine too has to be Meadow Thayer - she is currently dating Alex Goth (Both teens) in my game. The reason I like her?

Well, she sort of the opposite of Alexander Goth in the sense that she's slightly poor having grown up in the bad part of Downtown where her area had high crime rates, she was often left to fend for herself but of course she would argue that that is how she learned to stand up for herself. Which makes her slightly outgoing - when she needs to be, but in truth she is just as shy as Alex and although she could be deemed as #lowerclass according to big sister Cassandra - although Cassandra can't talk as she had Xaiver out of wedlock
with the Llams' MVP Nolan Baxter who also sometimes plays for them, she really can't talk about other people's relationships.

I think they could potentially make a great couple - but in truth I want to send her to college so that she can become playable and enter the bigger storyline that I will have going for the Sims of Pleasantview regarding the Supernatural Skeptic Intellgience Team a.k.a S.S.I.T.

Meadow Thayer will make a great cop for the Supernatural Defence Quard a.k.a S.D.Q.

EDIT:

Oh Christy Inada is one of my favourites too, because thanks to a dinner party that Dina Lothario threw together when her and Don lived next to the Broke family - Christy and Nina Caliente's friend La Shawn hit it right off and thanks to Dina's influences got Christy and La Shawn together 'off screen'. (I like to think that if I ever made Christy and La Shawn playable that they would be dating one another of course).

Dina of course claims that she didn't get the promotion at Sims Corporation (the Pleasantview Branch) due to her connections to Christy (backstory is she's is Dina's boss in my eyes) and her ways of getting Christy and La Shawn together. Oh nooo... Dina believes very much that she got her promotion due to hard work and foresight.
Alchemist
#15 Old 22nd Jul 2014 at 8:32 PM
Benjamin Long with no doubt, he is such a good father, makes good looking kids and I find him a nice sim to chat with.
Inventor
#16 Old 22nd Jul 2014 at 9:46 PM Last edited by Pizzatron-9000 : 22nd Jul 2014 at 10:27 PM.
• The grand vampires. If you have a fix in place so they don't go biting townies all willy-nilly after introducing one of your playables to vampiredom, they're stylish and fun to have around. I get giddy every time I see one show up on a Downtown lot. "Oh, look! It's Contessa Bertino again! Run over there and buy her an espresso, Vivianna!"

• The Infallibly Good high witches. They're stylish, they're friendly, they make amiable houseguests, they like to play with your housecats, your own good witches and neutral witches can buy all sorts of goodies from them, they can make the whole lot a cheery place and, unlike their naughty counterparts, they don't leave cockroaches scuttling around and getting your Neat Sims all depressed.

• The cheerleaders. "Badda boo bacore! Badda boo deh bah! Badda baby oga enna dun dah rah! Gurbitz! Gurbitz! Goooooo, gurbitz!" :D

• The cow mascots. They make dorm life interesting. Try befriending a cow mascot for a real challenge, or falling in love with one for an even bigger challenge!

• The Mountain townies. They're rustic and rowdy, they'll fish with you for hours on end and there's some entertainment to be had in watching them Chest Pound their ways up and down the street.

• Noelle Dennis and Edith Lawson. Those Music and Dance hobby instructors are sweethearts and snappy dressers. Why visitors insist on picking fights with them, I do not know.

• Tiffany Sampson. She seems to be the most down-to-earth of the Tri-Var sorority girls, she's into Literature and she seems to get along with my nerdier college Sims pretty well.

• Jessica Ebadi, my favorite burglar out of the three Pleasantview burglars. I've had more midnight visits from her than I've had from the other two burglars combined. Other than that, I'm not sure what I like about her. Call it je ne sais quoi.
Scholar
#17 Old 22nd Jul 2014 at 10:21 PM
Ricky Cormier, the teenage Cassanova who was always ready to help out a loneley maiden with her first kiss and who was kind enough to vanish from her life afterwards by staying eternally young. Should perhaps rename him Peter (Pan).

Brandi LaTourneau, because she was the first townie my first Sims2 sim befriended.

And the Turner family from BV. Originally I played them in a war scenario where one victory condition for a besieged neighborhood was to secure the assistance of four foreign countries. They had to move in one "ambassador" from each of the three vacation destinations and one generic tourist. That was Jonathan Turner. He sat in the ambassy together with his 3 comrades and when the war was over I included the ambassadors into my rotation. Looking at Jonathan´s relationship panel I found three sims he was friends with that also shared his surname. I went like "Oh, no, he left his family behind! I didn´t mean to part them! He needs to find them and bring them with him!". Reuniting the Turners and repairing their missing family connections was what finally made me download the Simblender - never rued that afterwards.

About Goopy, I really don´t get that joke. Has he some hardcoded strange behaviour that I never noticed? Is his outfit so terribly disturbing for people who get out more than me? Or is it about his name? He has a pretty normal name in my language version, so he always was just another townie to me.
Needs Coffee
retired moderator
#18 Old 22nd Jul 2014 at 10:36 PM
I'm another fan of Meadow and Marsha. I've married both of them in at different times. They make pretty babies and Marsha once she teens stops being a phone stalker and is very nice. The first time after I aged her into a teen with the new free time perk the toddler asked her for a bottle, most sims just talk back to the toddler and don't get the bottle, but she went and got him a bottle; I was most impressed.

"I dream of a better tomorrow, where chickens can cross the road and not be questioned about their motives." - Unknown
~Call me Jo~
Mad Poster
#19 Old 22nd Jul 2014 at 10:52 PM
Hmm... I have quite a few favourites! I really can't even name just one!

Alvin Fuuta - Always an interesting Sim. He starts off as this quiet teenager who is slightly dorky but the minute I send him to college, he becomes this bubbly young adult constantly making friends. In my current hood he met his girlfriend (ex-dormie) Joy Parker (who has the same face, so their children were a little boring) - eventually he died, but he was missed by EVERYONE so Ricky Cormier resurrected him.... badly... so now he's a zombie.

Amy Jones - I love her face template. I always think of her as a bit of a tomboy and very independent. She's pretty cool. In one of my games she woohoo'd a romance Sim (who I was attempting to get 20 different woohoos for) and found herself pregnant, so she moved into a house on her own and raised her son James Jones on her own whilst balancing school and an adult-level job.

I also quite like Benjamin Long, Joe Carr and Brandi LeTourneau. Tosha Go makes some pretty cute kids, but she's not a favourite. Also Meadow Thayer use to be a favourite - but in this hood she's a mother to two daughters and is honestly terrible at... well.. everything. I can't leave her alone for a bit without her almost burning everyone alive or starving herself and/or children.

Edit: oh and the blue haired dormie! He's just cool... I haven't seen him in any dorms recently. Maybe he comes with a certain uni? I don't remember.

~Your friendly neighborhood ginge
Inventor
#20 Old 23rd Jul 2014 at 12:04 AM
Quote: Originally posted by Bigsimsfan12
Edit: oh and the blue haired dormie! He's just cool... I haven't seen him in any dorms recently. Maybe he comes with a certain uni? I don't remember.

Spend about 2,000 Simoleons on a makeover chair and you can have as many blue-haired dormies as you want!
Lab Assistant
#21 Old 23rd Jul 2014 at 12:12 AM
Joe Carr, he makes pretty offspring.

Amin Sims, he also makes pretty offspring and he yells alot too and his voice changes when he does it. He is a great Dad to all kids.

Sophie Miguel and Meadow Thayer. Both beautiful girls that make pretty offspring and all sims seem to love them.
Field Researcher
#22 Old 23rd Jul 2014 at 3:07 AM
Brandon Lillard. That man can rock a kilt.
Scholar
Original Poster
#23 Old 23rd Jul 2014 at 6:24 PM
Quote: Originally posted by klapaucius
Brandon Lillard. That man can rock a kilt.

Definitely.

The king of kiltiness.

#24 Old 23rd Jul 2014 at 6:49 PM
Rodney Jung, a AL townie because that nose is really interesting.

Amanda Carlson, very pretty neighbor in apartments with the girl next door attitude.

and the blonde short ponytail male dormie with no shirt he's generally hot, with an asian flair when generated in my game at least.
Lab Assistant
#25 Old 23rd Jul 2014 at 6:54 PM
I've always loved Jan Tellerman, the blonde woman with a ponytail, pink shirt, and camo pants. For no particular reason.

And who doesn't love Meadow Thayer? I hooked her up with Alexander Goth in my game, too. My sims always end up being friends with Melissa Fancey as well.

But I think my favorite townie is one of the Pleasantview/custom teens that doesn't have a set name. She has black messy hair, a purple t-shirt, and a blue (I think) skirt with boots. Her name is Celeste Todd in my game. She's got some great genes and her kids always end up looking good.
Page 1 of 2